-4-

Mosquito
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you start to miss me, remember: I didn't walk away; you let me go -

 

 

Seeing Joohyun at the Kang Corps lobby was a huge blow to the mental preparation that Seungwan had worked on for the past few days.

Her two relationships that desperately needed to be taken care of were forcibly together.

 

Joohyun didn’t decide to come on a whim, her department was indeed needed for today’s meeting, but instead of sending her underlings to do the work like she usually did, she made sure to be present for the occasion. Seungwan quickly accepted the fact that Joohyun was here. The project wasn’t a small one, and maybe Joohyun didn’t trust someone less experienced with the job.

The problem that arose was that if Joohyun didn’t show up, then Seungwan would’ve been able to talk to Seulgi alone. But now that another person of equal status was present, there was no way that Kang Corp was going to receive them separately.

The real purpose of Joohyun wanting to be here was far from what Seungwan imagined. Since the breakfast “date” they had last time, Joohyun noticed that Seungwan wasn’t as unapproachable as she had originally thought, and even started to regularly message Seungwan from time to time. Seungwan never took the initiative, but she also never left Joohyun on read either, even though the messages themselves were as mundane as their daily activities or work related discussions.

Joohyun wanted to see for herself the real status of Seungwan and Seulgi’s relationship, even though she was positive that she already had a pretty good idea. Truth be told, Joohyun didn’t know if this was the right move to make, there was a big possibility that the more she found out, the deeper she would fall. But her ambiguous relationship with Seungwan has been going on for too long for her to keep waiting, and from the status quo it looked like if she didn’t make a move now, then the chance for her to develop something with Seungwan would be gone forever.

Since her mind was already made up, there was no turning back. Even if her heart ends up being cut to pieces.

 

“Why do you look so surprised to see me here?”

“…no I’m not. Are you the only one that was sent from your department?”

“Is the head of department not enough for the Kangs? How many people do they want?”

As the saying goes: for all matter under the heavenly realms, those closely involved cannot see as clearly as those on the outside. Seungwan did not probe further, but Sooyoung who was beside Seungwan this whole time clearly felt the animosity Joohyun held towards the Kangs. It wasn’t hard for Sooyoung to figure out the cause of Joohyun’s attitude, she liked her boss, but also knew a little about Seungwan’s past with Seulgi - and out comes the jealousy. Sooyoung shook her head helplessly, Seungwan was defiant as one could be, maybe it’s the same tenacity in bed that made Joohyun somehow fall for her…  

 

As the three pondered, a group of people approached them from the back.

One of Seungwan’s subordinates that she brought along sensed the commotion first, and notified her of the Kangs’ arrival. After taking in a deep breath, she turned around.

 

Unsurprisingly Seulgi came down to greet them herself, as she held gazes with Seungwan, her steps slowed down. Seeing a frozen and speechless Seungwan, Sooyoung quickly addressed the district manager of Kang Corp.

“Manager Kang! I didn’t expect you to come down to meet us yourself, it’s an honor! Uh… let me introduce ourselves, this is Chief Son from the fundraising department and this is Chief Bae from the risk assessment department.”

Seulgi put on her signature eye smile and looked at Sooyoung, and lightly replied “it’s been a while.” Following the order they stood in, she went to Joohyun and systematically shook her hand. It happened in a flash, and whether Seulgi saw the hardened expression on Joohyun’s face or deliberately chose to ignore it, she quickly stepped away and stopped in front of Seungwan.

“Seungwan, I’ve come back.”

Appearance wise, Seulgi really didn’t change much, although she looked more mature than before, her bangs gave her a tinge of cuteness. The person in front of her and the words being uttered were almost identical to the dream Seungwan had and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter