Chapter 5

The Aftermath

Jay let out a deep breath as he stood in front of the library. Dongju had already gone home by then, having needed to get home to let Yunho and Dongmyeong know that Jay was bringing home a guest.

Jay wasn't sure why he was hesitating, but he was hesitating hard, biting his lip and debating whether to go through with it or not.

It seemed that it'd be answered for him as Keonhee walked out of the library after grabbing his things, smiling in greeting at Jay. "Hey," he greeted.

"Hey," mumbled Jay as he forced a smile to appear.

"You okay?" Asked Keonhee as he looked concerned.

"It's- I am fine," mumbled Jay as he shook his head. "Nothing to worry about," he added.

"Are you sure?" Asked Keonhee.

"Yes, I promise," replied Jay as he nodded reassuringly. "Let's head out, yeah?" He asked. Keonhee nodded and motioned for Jay to go ahead, following after him.

 

~



When they reached the house Yunho was standing on the landing that led into the house, his hands in his pockets as he held a relaxed stance.

"Welcome home," greeted Yunho as Jay walked over with Keonhee after they both got out of their cars and locked them, Jay having his bag over his shoulder as he walked over. "Also hello, you must be the guest Dongju mentioned," he added, turning to Keonhee who looked sheepish.

"Keonhee," Keonhee said in introduction as he bowed before straightening. "I've heard from Jay that you've been requesting my presence?" He asked.

"It's the first time that Jay's made a friend," explained Yunho. "Well, a friend that isn't us," he added.

"Oi, I have other friends," whined Jay as he lightly slapped Yunho on the shoulder, grumbling as Yunho snickered at his expression.

"You're the first friend he's made since coming over from Korea," explained Yunho. "Jay's not that introverted, but he hesitated to make new friends for a long time since moving back to the states before you came into his life," he added.

"Don't make it sound like I'm antisocial now," grumbled Jay as he headed into the house, taking off his shoes and immediately going to his room to throw his bag into the chair near his desk.

Yunho and Keonhee walked in after him, though they stayed in the livingroom area and watched as Jay walked back into the livingroom with Dongju and Dongmyeong who was walking in from the kitchen.

"Welcome to our place," Jay commented as he turned to Keonhee who had a look around.

"It's a nice place," remarked Keonhee as he took in everything. "A bit small though," he added, turning to Jay.

"It's got enough room, plus Arthur doesn't use this house too often, so he let us stay here," explained Jay as he shrugged.

"Most of the time we're not even here," chimed in Yunho. "Dongju just came around recently so Jay's not always by himself," he added.

"Well, it's a nice place," commented Keonhee as he looked around the livingroom. "Even if it's a bit small for four people," he added.

"We don't need much, and Dongju and I aren't even from LA so it's fine," explained Jay as he shrugged.

"I see," hummed Keonhee as he nodded.

 

~



As the day went on Keonhee got to know Yunho and Dongmyeong as they told him about their adventures with their kings, the four of them sitting around the kitchen island talking after dinner. He had learned that they weren't part of Beomgyu's group, it was Soobin's now since Soobin had taken Beomgyu's place, but everyone had met each other at some point due to Dann bringing everyone together to form an alliance.

"Was this before or after Louis's death?" Asked Keonhee as he took in the information he was told.

"Literally just before?" Asked Yunho. "I don't remember much of what happened that day, but I know that both Ivan and his original bodyguard found their soulmates and well, you know what happened afterwards," he explained with a shrug.

"Who was his original bodyguard?" Asked Keonhee.

"It was Hwanwoong," replied Dongmyeong. "He was, well is, Dongju's soulmate," he explained. "Ivan removed him from his guard when he decided it was a good idea to commit treason," he sighed. "We were in the talks of peace between all the kings," he explained.

"I can see that even with everything that happened, you still got to have the peace," remarked Keonhee as he looked thoughtful.

"Peace is a strange thing though," commented Jay as he leaned back, stretching as he fidgeted in his chair to get comfortable. "It could be broken at any time, but because of how your soulmate marks work you can't even harm each other," he explained, looking thoughtful.

"Well, we can't be harmed in general," explained Dongmyeong. "Its why we never strayed too far from using swords," he added. "All of us have training in all sorts of weapons, but our main weapons of choice are swords, simply due to to our ability to not get injured," he explained.

"Who's considered the swordmaster now?" Asked Keonhee as he looked curious.

"It was a tie between Beomgyu and Seoho, I think," responded Jay as he shrugged. "I don't remember if Soobin's officially taken that title yet, since he hasn't had a chance to spar with everyone," he added. "From the updates I get from Soobin he's been winning more of his spars with Seoho," he explained when Keonhee blinked in surprise at the information.

"It's getting late," came Dongju's voice as he walked into the kitchen after showering and changing clothes. "You can stay over if you want," he added, turning to Keonhee who checked his phone for the time.

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude," Keonhee responded, looking at Jay before turning to Dongmyeong and Yunho.

"You can stay," reassured Yunho as he nodded. "We don't have a spare room, since the only other room is Arthur's but you can stay with Jay," he added.

Jay blinked as he was suddenly saddled with Keonhee, shaking his head when Keonhee turned to him. "It's okay," he reassured quickly. "My room isn't too big, but we can share my bed," he explained. "If you don't mind of course," he added quickly.

"Sure," hummed Keonhee as he nodded. "I don't have anything to do tomorrow, so it's fine," he added. "I'll just let my roommate know I'm not coming back to the dorm," he explained, going to message his roommate.

Jay waited until Keonhee was done before leading him to his room, going to his dresser and looking for clothes for Keonhee to change into. "The bathroom is over there," he stated, throwing a pair of pants and a t-shirt at Keonhee who caught it.

"I'll be a few minutes," Keonhee stated before going into the bathroom to shower and change clothes.

 

~



After Jay left the bathroom after getting dressed he found Keonhee fast asleep in the bed, noticing the leather bracelet Keonhee wore sitting on his desk. He covered Keonhee with the blanket before going into the hallway to get a spare blanket and pillow from the hallway closet before going downstairs to settle down on the couch.

"Sunoo," mumbled Jay as he looked at his wrist, feeling the familiar burning. "I'm sorry," he whispered, dropping his arm on his chest before closing his eyes to try to sleep.