Chapter 1

The Aftermath

Jay's wrist started to feel like it was burning, causing him to pull the sleeve of his hoodie down over his hands to try and ignore it as much as possible.

"Are you okay?" Asked Taehyun as he turned to Jay.

"It's that time of day again," Jay mumbled in explanation, earning a sympathetic nod from Taehyun.

"You guys good?" Asked Soobin as he walked over with Jake, the both of them looking somber as they stood in front of Jay and Taehyun.

"We're good," reassured Jay as he nodded. "Just waiting on Heeseung, whenever he decides to show up," he added.

"I'm here I'm here," called Heeseung as he ran over, panting as he stopped in front of the others. "Sorry, I was caught up with something, but I'm ready to go now," he added.

"You're late," sighed Taehyun. "These two got here a few minutes before you did and they're leaving tomorrow," he added.

"Jake and I had to pack, what took you so long?" Asked Soobin.

"Sunghoon wanted to have a chat," responded Heeseung. "He was needing someone to talk to since Jungwon wasn't able to at the time," he explained.

"Is Sunghoon okay?" Asked Soobin as he turned to Heeseung.

"He's okay," replied Heeseung as he nodded in reassurance. "Sunghoon tends to be closed off most of the time, but he felt like he really needed to talk to someone this time," he explained.

"He still has friends in all of us, so he can talk to us at any time," reassured Soobin.

"I know, I told him that and he thanked me for it," reassured Heeseung.

 

~



Jay stood leaning against the car as he watched the others prepare to leave. Soobin and Jake had already gone ahead, since their flight was earlier that day, but Heeseung and Taehyun were almost late, and Jay had reminded them to get to the airport before they were stuck in the states for another day at the earliest.

"Next time bring Kai will you?" Asked Jay. "I know he wanted to come along to try the food," he added. "And Niki, I wonder how the kid's doing now," he added.

"I don't think Dann will pay for this trip, but we'll see, yeah?" Asked Taehyun. "I still have to thank him for doing that, speaking of," he added as an afterthought. "You better head back to your bodyguards, they'll be looking for you at some point," he demanded, earning a sigh from Jay.

"They mean well, you know this," grumbled Jay. "But yeah, I better head back," he added, turning and walking around to get into the driver's seat. After waving to Taehyun and Heeseung Jay started the car and pulled out, driving back towards home as soon as he was good enough to do so.

 

~



Jay entered his small apartment, letting out a soft sigh as he took off his shoes and put them by the door after closing and locking the door. It was hard to say goodbye for him, as he really wanted them to stay.

His mind wasn't in the best of places lately, but seeing Taehyun and the others reminded him of home. The home he had come to know anyway.

Jay walked over to the couch and flopped down on it, laying down on his back and staring up at the ceiling. He brought up his left arm, turning to look at his wrist where the burning always started.

"What did you do, to warrant something like this huh?" He asked, dropping his arm onto his chest with a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry I couldn't meet you sooner, Sunoo," he whispered, covering his eyes with his right arm and trying to get some sleep before Yunho and Dongmyeong returned from wherever they went to on days where he didn't have classes.

 

~



Loud knocking woke up Jay as he sat up abruptly, looking towards the door in confusion before getting up and walking towards it, leaning against the door and looking through the peephole to see Arthur standing at the door. "Oh, it's you," commented Jay as he went to unlock it, opening the door to let Arthur in before closing the door behind him and locking it.

"What brings you to my apartment?" Asked Jay as he turned to Arthur who looked around the apartment.

"I've gotten you a better place, in a better part of town," responded Arthur as he shrugged. "Pack your clothes and tablet, I've already furnished your place," he added, shutting down any form of protest as Jay sputtered in surprise.

"I- I am fine here," protested Jay as he tried to back out of living somewhere else.

"Kid," sighed Arthur. "I know when you're not feeling well, come on, a change of scenery will do wonders for your mental health, trust me," he added. "Now, go get packed and let's get going," he demanded, earning a grumble from Jay as he went to do so.

 

~



After driving to the new place Jay was surprised to see a small but modern looking house, getting out of the car once he parked it and looking at it in awe.

"Don't worry about bills, and you have rooms for Yunho and Dongmyeong, if you want them to stay with you," explained Arthur as he got out of his car and smirked at the awed look on Jay's face.

"Y-Yeah, I don't mind them staying with me," mumbled Jay as he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. "Thank you," he added, turning to Arthur.

"It's near campus too," explained Arthur. "Enjoy your stay," he added, dropping the smirk for a soft smile. "It is one of my houses, so please keep things clean," he demanded, halfheartedly.

"I'll do my best," mumbled Jay as Arthur handed him the keys before getting back in his car and backing out of the driveway before driving off. Jay hooked the keys to his lanyard holding his car keys before going to grab his clothes bag and closing the back door and locking his car. He then headed into the house, closing the door and noticing the automatic lock on it as he heard a faint click. He took off his shoes before going to explore, choosing his room and going to flop facedown on the bed after throwing his bag in a corner.

"Even the bed feels nice," Jay mumbled to himself before drifting off to sleep, noticing that the burning in his wrist had gone away for the first time in months before he fell unconscious.

 

~



Jay woke to the smell of food, sitting up and looking around the room before moving to get up, going to sift through his bag to find some clothes to change into before going to take a shower in the connecting bathroom.

After getting dressed Jay headed out of his room and down the hallway, heading into the kitchen to see Yunho cooking some food.

"Welcome back to the world of the being awake," greeted Yunho as he looked up from cooking before checking on the food.

"Whatever you made smells delicious," commented Jay as he went to see what was in the fridge to drink. He ended up getting a bottle of water and opening it, drinking it as he closed the fridge door and turning to the stove to see what Yunho was making.

"It's just chicken teriyaki," Yunho explained as he moved the food around in the pan. "Go and sit down, the food will be ready in a bit," he added.

"Where's Dongmyeong anyway?" Asked Jay as he sat down at the kitchen island, moving the bottle back and forth between his hands.

"Mujin needed him for something, he should be back tonight," replied Yunho as he shrugged. "Also his brother is around for a couple days, so," he added. Jay hummed in response, nodding.