PROLOGUE: Just a dream

Do you remember?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Moon Byulyi, waking up to the enticing smell of breakfast in contrast -yet alongside it- to the horrid screaming of her alarm. She slammed it and felt a ring on where actual, meaningful and commitment-tied rings are supposed to be. She got up to a sitting position, fiddling with the ring in confusion. She also felt her calloused yet young hands were a lot older, veins popping out making it look mature -and honestly- y. 

 

The inviting aroma of breakfast along with a voice, an alien yet familiar voice breaks her out of her hand-centric reverie. 

 

"I'll be out in a sec sweetheart!" 

 

She spoke words that weren't her own yet the voice was very much hers. Seemingly out of her conscious control, she went out of the bedroom after dutifully fixing the sheets in fear of a familiar yet foreign wrath looming over her if she didn't. 

 

On her way to the kitchen, she passed several pictures she knows -albeit does not remember- she took. They were all with a person, -a woman- a dog, and a cat resembling a very sapphic family.

 

"Ah, the Moon has finally risen. Join me for breakfast?" Her voice was so inviting, mature, silky and honey-like, it put Moon Byulyi at ease. All as if this woman, with a blurred face, cute smile, cute dimple, and loving eyes -and utterly devoted, caring gaze it almost feels sinful to look away-  was her anchor, the beholder of the other ring she fiddled with a while ago.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter