Chap 9

Sleep with me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HAE-RIN

Sehun brought us to his brother’s apartment. He said we could comfortably hide here since his brother wasn’t at home for now.

I could feel Jong-in’s eyes boring into my back as I tried to busy myself by taking care of Ji-won. I wasn’t ignoring him on purpose – I just didn’t know where to start.

Sehun and Chanyeol had already explained how they knew he was in danger and how we were able to locate him using my unexplainable connection to him.

Since then, he’s been staring me down, pressuring me with his intense brown eyes.

“We can’t stay here long…” Ji-won’s voice is raspy, like he’s short of breath. I offer him the glass of water, but he shakes his head weakly.

“I’m being serious.” He fixes his eyes on the three wolves, sitting on one couch, like they’re afraid we’re the ones who will pounce on them. “I can smell kind and they’re near. We have an hour, tops.”

“What are we going to do?” I whisper to Ji-won and he manages to squeeze my hand.

Sehun stands up impatiently “Let’s get you sorted. We can’t go anywhere with you in that state and besides…” he grimaces “it will help cover up your stink.”

Ji-won grips me tighter as Sehun approaches. “What are you doing?” I shield Ji-won. He’s unable to defend himself and Sehun has a strange look in his eyes that I don’t trust. “If you just tell me what to do, I’ll do it.”“Relax. I’m not going to hurt your bff.” He unceremoniously lifts Ji-won into his arms and carries him off into one of the bedrooms.

“Hey!” I rush after them but Jong-in grabs my arm. “What’s he doing to Ji-won?” I stare accusingly at Chanyeol then at Jong-in. For the first time, it’s dawning on me that I’m alone with three adolescent wolves and my only ally is too weak to be on any use.

I shake him off and turn toward the room with the closed door. It’s too quiet. What was Sehun planning to do to Ji-won?

“He’s replenishing his blood bank.” He looks pointedly at me, and I finally get it. Sehun is feeding Ji-won his blood. “I need to speak to you.” Jong-in grabs my arm again and this time I allow him to pull me into the other room.

It was used as a study. There are bookshelves stacked with different books and a large working table with papers in neat piles. I approached the table and tried to get a look. There were drawings of wolves in both animal and werewolf form.

Jong-in was behind me, I was hyperaware of his closeness. He slid his arms around my waist and drew me closer. I stilled, waiting as he sniffed my hair, lowering his face to my neck and inhaling deeply.

My skin reacted to his closeness and the warmth of his breath. “It’s called mind blending. Somehow…when I used mind teleportation to visit your room…we connected.”

“I can’t hear you now.”

“It must be because my subconscious doesn’t feel under threat anymore. I had no control over our minds being connected.”

“I’m glad you’re alright now…” I duck out of his embrace and put the table between us. “But…I need to go home now.  I’m sure my sister has already told my parents about what I’ve done. I need to explain to them, so they don’t get the wrong idea.”

He hesitates at first. “I don’t’ think that’s possible…for now we need to stick together.”

“I’m sure my parents will help if we explain the situation properly…” But deep down I know this is far from the truth. My parents would side with Hae-young.

His face hardens. “Don’t be naïve Hae-rin. What do you think you family will do if we turn up on their doorstep? I’ll be back at Wolf HQ and you’ll be locked up forever, never to be heard of again.”

I want to protest, but he’s right. I wanted a quiet student life and now the opposite is happening. I keep making the wrong choices.

He rounds the table, moving toward me. I’m not afraid of him, but I don’t want to be cornered like his prey. “You need to decide now. You’re either with us or not. If you want to go home, then I’ll teleport you there right now…”

“You will?”

He’s stopped in front of me “But I don’t want to. Whether we like it, we’re connected. You’re helping me Hae-rin ssi, does that feel so bad?”

I shake my head. But I’m still unsure. “Do you have a plan? We can’t exactly go on the run forever…” I laugh weakly. “Right?” Again, he evades answering me.

There’s a knock on the door and Chanyeol comes in, looking grave “We need to get moving. Wolf Guards are close by.”

“What about Ji-won. Is he up for it?”

“He’s weak, but he’ll make it.” Sehun comes in. His right arm is bandaged. “I’m fine.” He assures Jong-in. “Can you teleport?”

“I think so.” Jong-in’s form starts to vibrate and fade in and out of the room. “Yeah…I should be fine.”

“The question is where do we go?” Chanyeol asks. “No where is far enough. All we’re doing is buying time.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter