Chap 4

Sleep with me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HAE-RIN

Jong-in was taken away by the principal the moment we teleported into the quad. A teacher ordered us back to our rooms and rushed to assist in the library cleanup. Leaving me to face the onslaught of questions from fellow students. No one worried about whether I was hurt or in shock. They wanted to know what it felt like to teleport.

They cared about Kim Jong-in. I was still a Group 2 loser. When I don’t oblige them, they grumble and call me a loser under their breaths. Back to nothing again. It’s almost funny.

I stared up at the greyness of library. It was destroyed. I thought about the books and my precious lunchtime job.

“Are you alright?” It’s Park Ji-won. I don’t know much about him, except that he’s vampire royalty and that vampires hate wolves. “He saved you but leaves you to fend off the wolves…so to speak.” He grins.

“I’m fine.” But I do feel a little dizzy. I didn’t tell him this. “Thank you for asking.”

“Of course. We’re fellow students. I need to look out for you.”

I don’t know how sincere he is. There’s a permanent smirk on his face. Like he’s laughing at me. “Well, I should get to my room. I think I need to rest…” I back away, “But thank you…”

“You already thanked me.”

“I’ll just go…” I turned and hurried away. Park Ji-won felt like he was creeping all over me. I hated the feeling. As soon as I got back to my room I threw up. Teleporting made me dizzy to the point of being sick.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I had soot on my face and my hair was a mess. I planned to have a shower and go to dinner, but after the shower I crawled under the comforter and snuggled against the pillows.

***************************************

When I woke up it was already nighttime. I’d slept through the whole day. I turned and tumbled off the side of the bed in shock. Kim Jong-in was sleeping on the free side, using my bedside lamp to read a book of all things.

He leant over the edge and stared down at me “You’re dramatic.”

“Where I come from girls don’t meet with boys without their parents or a guardian.” I huffed. He didn’t understand anything. My parents would freak out if they found out about this. They’d pack my bags and have me homeschooling again.

He laughed softly and patted the bed “We’re much closer than some random girl and boy. After all…” he glanced sideways at me “we’ve already slept together, more than once.”

“We have not!” I stayed on the floor and away from him. “I’m not in the mood for games. This is serious…” my life is running ahead of me, and I don’t know how to get it back.

Jong-in sits cross-legged and faces me “good. I agree. This is serious. Today I managed to do something that teleporters and researchers around the world have been attempting for centuries. How do you suppose I teleported with a person? Everyone seems to have a theory, what’s yours?”

I didn’t have an answer for him, but I was equally curious.

“it’s not that I haven’t tried it before. Of course, someone like me would be curious about what I’m capable of. My father too – he has been pushing me to break records like this and up till today, I’ve failed.”

I found that very hard to believe that he could fail at anything. He grew silent, deep in thought.

“Ah…by the way…thank you for saving me.”

“Then…will you do something for me?”

He was confusing me again. “I wish you’d just be straight with me. I don’t get why you’re always coming to find me. You could be friends with whoever you wanted. You’re freaking me out. So I won’t do anything until you tell me what’s this really about.”

Jong-in took a deep breath and exhaled very slowly. “If I tell you this thing…you cannot tell a soul.”

“I’ve said this before. I wouldn’t have anyone to tell.”

“There’s more.” Jong-in shifted to the edge of the bed and stood, we’re very close. His scent filled my nostrils. “If I tell you this secret, there’s no going back. You’ll be connected to me from this moment on in a way that you won’t be able to back out of.”

He stepped closer “So what will it be?”

“If I refuse, will you leave me alone?”

“No. I can’t do that.” He almost sounded apologetic. I felt a little thrill at his words. I’d never met someone like him.  “I’m sorry. I know you wanted a quiet student life but we’ve come too far.”

“Fine.” I relented. 

His eyes lit up, I’d never seen that expression before. He looked younger, not so severe. “Then…excuse me.” He bent and lifted me into his arms and carried me over to the bed.

“Wait…wait…this is what you meant?” I pushed him away, keeping him at arm’s length.

“You said it was fine” He swatted my hands away like they were light as feathers. “Lie down.”

“No…you still owe me an explanation.”

“Right…” he grew somber again. “I’ll tell you but not without a pact.”

I grew pale. I’d read about pacts. They involved mixing blood and making a promise to each other that could not be broken. Unless the other person died. “What type of pact.” I had a hope there was some other way.

“I’ll be gentle.” He took my hand and brushed his thumb over my palm “Close your eyes.” I did as he said. I was terrified, my b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter