Chap 11

Sleep with me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’d never been to Jeju. I didn’t expect them to know that or care. While they huddled, making plans – I walked along the beach. I’d never felt the ocean before. I couldn’t believe that this was the first time I was seeing it in real life.

I loved how the wind stung my eyes and blew through my hair. I looked behind me to make sure that no one was watching and then slipped out of my shoes and let the water wash over my feet.

I’d seen dramas set on the island and seen pictures of the beautiful resorts. “Ready to go?” Jong-in said from behind me. I dusted off my feet and slipped on my shoes. “Ready.” I turned to face him.

“I’ll bring you back one day.” He promised.

“It’s not your job to do that. I’m sure you’ll be busy as leader of Wolf Council.”

“I would want to do that for one of the people who helped save me.” Jong-in held out his hand. I stared at it. It was getting harder and harder to take that hand. Each time it felt like I was agreeing with him.

I took his hand. When I opened my eyes we were on another island. I could immediately tell it was smaller and it was raining. Sehun stood under a palm tree. “Wait with Sehun. I’ll be back with Chanyeol.”

I carefully approached the shelter and stepped under the palm. I was wet. It was cold and miserable here. “It never stops raining.” Sehun spoke to me for the first time since last night.

“Are you talking to me now?” I huffed and rubbed my hands together. He stared hard at my hands. “What?”

“It’s just…” he stepped closer and placed his hands over mine and I felt hot air swirling around my hands and then my entire body was enveloped in a warm wind that dried me and kept me warm.

“Thank you…”

He pulled his hands away from mine when Jong-in and Chanyeol arrived on the beach. “Why does it have to be raining?” Chanyeol rushed under the shelter.

“Let’s move out.” Sehun turned his back on us and immediately started to walk through the tropical forest. We followed silently. They moved fast and I tried to keep up, but I wasn’t trained like them.

“Ow…” My foot hit against a rock.

“Are you alright?” Jong-in asked. They all stopped because of me. He looked worried, Chanyeol looked annoyed.

“I’m fine.” I gritted my teeth. I’m sure my toe was bleeding but I’d press on.

“You’re not fine.” Jong-in knelt in front of me. “Get on my back.” I wanted to argue but the pain in my foot wouldn’t allow me. I got on and he stood up. He carried me like I weighed nothing.

“We’re near…” Sehun told us.

“How can you tell…” Chanyeol whispered. “I can’t tell whether we’re going forwards, or left or right…”

“Some wolf you are…” A sardonic voice teased and then I saw that we were surrounded by armed men.

A short, but strong built man with a youthful face stepped forward. He approached Sehun. “Welcome little brother.” And the two men embraced.

Chanyeol grinned and jumped on them. “Can we please get out of this rain?” Jong-in only set me down when we’d entered a large cavern at the foot of a mountain. “There were fires and men and women dressed in combat gear. I counted 10.

“Welcome to the revolution.” Sehun’s brother spoke to me. “I’m Kyungsoo.”

“Nice to meet you.” I bowed. “I’m Hae-rin.” I instinctively moved toward one of the open fires. “Thank you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter