Chap 1

Sleep with me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can’t believe it! Another school year.” Sehun stretched his hands up to the sky and yawned, “I’m already tired.”

Chanyeol jumped on his back, “Come on dude! This is going to be a great year for us. We’re seniors and Elites. Right Jong-in?”

I shrugged. Everyone was happy to be back here, but I’d never left. I’d stayed in my dorm room the entire summer. I didn’t want to go home and face my father pushing me to unlock my full potential. “It’s just the same old .” I muttered.

A cool breeze rustled the leaves on the ground and swirled around us. That’s when I smelt it. The distinct sweet smell that was the blood of an Elite. I dashed off leaving Sehun and Chanyeol behind, hearing them yell after me.

The body of the dead girl is laid out on the grass behind the archery center of the school. In plain sight for anyone to find her. It’s what the killer wanted. I could imagine the headlines and public outrage calling for an investigation or worse, for the school to be shut down.

Sehun skidded to a stop beside the body, completely ignoring me as he stared intensely at the girl. He must know her. Maybe he even liked this girl.  “Do you recognize her?” A quick flash of pain crossed his face, and I got my answer.

“Yeah, she’s in – was in my class. Kang Mirae ssi…she’s an Elite, Group 1.” Sehun explained. “She was nice…” he trailed off, suddenly embarrassed “I mean…it’s sad that she’s dead.”

“You don’t have to explain yourself. It is sad when anyone dies, even if they were evil or hated by millions. There is always at least one person who will mourn them.”

Sehun shook his head “you really need to get out more.”

Guess I failed at my attempt to make nice. Crouching beside him and I started to inspect the girl. I was gentle, for Sehun’s sake, but I couldn’t determine anything out here. All I knew was that it was a bad omen right before school started.

Chanyeol arrived looking irritated at being the last to arrive but then he saw the dead girl and he paled. “This is bad…”

“You think?” Sehun muttered. “This is disaster. School begins tomorrow. The dorms are already packed.” As if to prove his point we heard voices approaching.

“Take the body back to my brother. He’ll know what to do. Make sure you’re not seen.”  I stayed behind to make sure there weren’t any clues to the culprit’s identity, but the scene was clean. I teleported straight into Min-seok’s office.

“God, I hate it when you do that!” Min-seok overreacted. He should be used to me by now.  I’d been teleporting in and out of his room since I was child. I ignored him and watched Sehun laying the body on the lab table.

“What will you do?” Sehun sounded worried. “there’s no way we can hide this from her family.”

I looked at Chanyeol and Sehun. We were thinking the same thing; what did this mean for the Clan? Would they blame us for not protecting the school or worse, they’d blame Min-seok, even though he was the best principal Chiron ever had.

Min-seok took of his glasses and pinched his nose. “I’ll visit Mi-rae ssi’s family this evening. If I wait, it will look suspicious.”

“How did someone manage to break through our defenses?” Chanyeol demanded.

“I know you have questions, so do I. We will get to the bottom of this, but right now you three need to get back to your dorms. Tomorrow is a big day.” Min-seok ordered.

“What about patrolling the grounds?” Chanyeol protested. “Don’t you trust us anymore?” he glanced at the dead girl “We weren’t even on schoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter