Chap 8

Sleep with me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for the comments and subs. I'm sorry for making you wait this long for the update. I hope you enjoy the chapter - it is longer. 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

HAE-RIN

Surgery? I was pretty sure I heard the word surgery. I carried on listening but then there was just the sound of running water. It sounded like Jong-in was in the shower. How embarrassing. I tried to warn him that we were still connected but he didn’t respond.

What the hell? Is this how mind teleportation normally worked? That aside, I’d overheard a discussion about operating on Jong-in.

I flung open my door and there was Ji-won as if to answer my prayers for help. He’d been about to knock. ‘good morn….ING!!!!”  he yelled as I yanked him after me. “Hey…what’s the rush?!”

“Come on! We need to find Oh Sehun.” Jong-in’s moody deputy would know what to do.

“Oh no…” Ji-won pulled free. “You saw that guy…he hates me.”

“He doesn’t hate you.” I’d sensed that much. “And believe me, he’ll want to hear what I have to say.”

All the while I could still hear what was happening on Jong-in’s side. I could hear people walking down a passage with an echo to it. It sounded depressing.

When we reached the cafeteria, I let go of Ji-won’s hand and scanned the room for the famous wolf. He was seated at the a round table with only three chairs. One was occupied by Park Chanyeol, and the empty chair was missing Jong-in.

I squared my shoulders and walked with confidence, wading my way through the other tables. People started to watch me when they realized where I was headed.

“Oh, look who it is!” Chanyeol snickered, his eyes flicking menacingly between me and Ji-won. Now this wolf, did hate Ji-won just for being born a vampire.

“I’m busy.” Sehun didn’t look up and continued reading something on his phone. He was smart enough to realize that we were there for him, not the loud-mouthed Park Chanyeol.

“Yeah well, you’re gonna want to hear what I have to say…” I took the phone out his hands. “It’s about Jong-in ssi.” I lowered my voice and set his phone on the table.

I really needed to sell this otherwise this wolf wouldn’t give me the time of day. “I saw him this morning…in my room.”

All three boys were staring at me “ok, you got my attention.” Sehun pushed back his chair and stood. “Follow me.” He started to walk away from the table.

“Come on.” I told Ji-won and we left the cafeteria with Chanyeol trailing close behind. Sehun led us to his bedroom. I opened my mouth to speak but he placed a finger across his lips silencing us.

He used his hand and started to swirl it around. A wind started to form around us, like a light tornado, it swirled and whistled around us and lifted my hair.

Sehun explained. “Just in case someone is listening in on us.”  

“Enough with the pleasantries.” Chanyeol leaned against the door, so we couldn’t leave. “What’s this about Jong-in ssi appearing in your room?”

“He used mind teleportation. He said they’d managed to restrict his ability to teleport. He told me that he was fine but he didn’t look fine. His eyes were darker…and his skin was paler…”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, but he seemed agitated. He clenched and unclenched his hands. He knew what I was talking about.

“And?” Sehun prompted.

“And before he left, I heard them talk about performing surgery on Jong-in ssi.” Sehun and Chanyeol exchanged a worried look. Did they believe me?

“Are you being serious?” Ji-won shook his head. “That’s illegal. They can’t perform surgery without the consent of the patient and Jong-in isn’t ‘a minor.”

“There’s more…I can still hear him and whatever he hears. Somehow, we’re still connected.”

The room was silent. “You don’t believe me…well right now he’s eating breakfast…from the sound of the scraping sound, porridge.” I strained my ears “There’s a fan…no an air conditioner unit to the left…a TV to the right playing the news…so they still let him watch TV."

“It’ not that we don’t believe you…” Ji-won placed a hand on my shoulder like he was getting ready to impart something shocking.

“Then what is it?” I realized they were all staring at me again like I was crazy.

“Hae-rin ah what you’re talking about is called mind blending. It happens when one person shares their sensory experiences with someone else.”

“I can only hear…”

“Well, it still sounds like mind blending…the thing is only the most senior and practiced sorcerers are able to perform mind blending. It takes years of practice…” he trailed off still staring at me.

“And we all know Jong-in is a teleporter not a sorcerer.”

I still didn’t get it. “Maybe we connected because he was stressed. I don’t know…”

“It’s fine. Maybe it happened because of the situation. It’s not important right now. Right guys?” Ji-won pressed my shoulder and the others nodded but they weren’t looking at me anymore.

“Then I’ll get to the bottom of this.” Sehun said. “Thanks for letting us know.”

“No!” I stood my ground. “I’m coming too.”

“Where?” Sehun feigned ignorance.

“You’re going to break him out.” I raised my chin. “You need me. I can hear him. I know where he is.”

“You think we need you?” Chanyeol ridiculed me. “Just stay in your room and we’ll do the heavy lifting.”

Sehun held my gaze “why do you want to help? You barely know him?”

He had me there. I wasn’t supposed to tell Jong-in’s secret, even if it was his deputy. I was sworn to secrecy by the mingling of our bloods. “It’s the right thing to do.” I said lamely.

“We’re both coming.” Ji-won stepped beside me.

“Really?” I whispered and he nodded. I felt my heart swell at our new but already strong little friendship.

“What?!” Chanyeol gawked at us. “A vampire, a novice, and wolves breaking out the prince of Wolves…wow now I’ve seen it all.”  

“Fine.” Sehun overrode him.

“Come on Sehun. These guys will slow us down.” Chanyeol whined.

“We need them. Don’t you remember what he’s famous for?” He looked at Ji-won.

I looked at Ji-won too, what were they talking about?

“You really have been living under a rock.” Sehun shook his head at my utter ignorance. He stepped up close to Ji-won and whispered “don’t lose yourself this time.”

Ji-won flinched. “We leave in ten minutes.” Sehun instructed. “Leave everything behind especially your phones.” 

“What was he talking about?” I asked Ji-won. I felt silly for not knowing more about the people around me.

“I have the invisibility ability.” Ji-won whispered.

His tone made it sound like a curse instead of the coolest thing I’ve ever heard of. “Seriously!” I grabbed his arm. “That is so cool. Way cooler than teleportation or mind blending…wow why didn’t you say something. Show me!”

Ji-won pried my hand off. “Like Sehun said. La

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter