Chap 5

Sleep with me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JI-WON

My charmed school life been ruined by those stinking wolves.

“I hate this.” Nara complained as she stretched her thin arms very carefully, wincing the whole time. “Vampires are not meant to roll around in the dirt like wolves.” She glared at me.

I didint take the bait. We’ve been best friends forever and she knows how to push my buttons. 

“Yah Park Ji-won, how long does your father expect us to play nice with the wolves?”

“Lay off alright? Now that prince charming managed to teleport with someone, appa needs us to stick to the wolves like glue.”

Nara grumbled but she knows it’s true. What Lee Jong-in accomplished yesterday is close to miracle. The videos taken by students went viral, there were reporters stationed outside the school gates and mad scientists flying in from all around the world wanting a piece of the first teleporter in history that teleported with another person.

“What does your father need us to do?” She knew my father by now. He wouldn’t be satisfied with just watching the wolves.

“He wants a sample of Lee Jong-in’s blood.”

Nara’s eyes bulged. “Gee why didn’t he say so. I’ll just go over there and his blood out.”

“Like you haven’t dreamt about it.” I snickered at her childlike crush.

“That was a long time ago.” Nara grabbed her bag and stood up. “And since you’re being a about it, you can just get the blood yourself. We all know how much Lee Jong-in loves hanging out with you.”

She had a point there. Jong-in made no secret about how much he hated me. I’d need to find another way to get close to him.

That’s when I saw the new girl. Maybe I could use her. Lee Jong-in was bound to feel something for the girl he’d teleported with.

************************************

HAE-RIN

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was that Lee Jong-in was gone. There was a note on my bedside table explaining that he needed to go on morning patrol but would see me back here in the evening.

I tried not be touched that he’d thought to leave a note. It was old fashioned and suited him, but I kept the note in my sketchbook and over breakfast studied the bold scrawl. My writing was small, neat, and boring.

The second thing was the excitement in the air. There were reporters at the school gates, and we’ve been told to ignore them and not to give any interviews.

My parents already called a bunch of times. They’d seen the viral videos and freaked out. My sister sent me a long email on getting myself medically checked out. She could arrange to visit the school and conduct the examination herself.

I knew she just wanted an excuse to meet Lee Jong-in. I didn’t own him, but I didn’t want him to meet Eun-hye.

Everyone fell head over heels for my older sister first for her looks and then for her intelligence. I could imagine the two of them together. Eun-hye promising to assist him with his sleeping issue.

I politely wrote back that it wasn’t necessary. I’d already been examined – this part was a lie, but besides throwing up, I felt normal.

“Whatchya doing?” I almost peed my pants trying to hide Jong-in’s note before Park Ji-won spotted it. He sat beside me, bringing his chair closer. “Uh…” I looked around “I think you have the wrong table…”

“Can’t I join a friend for dinner? Besides, you’re the only person I know…” he looked around to prove his point.

It was true. I’d been so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t notice the others leaving. They were probably annoyed that I didn’t have anything interesting to tell them about teleporting.

“You can join me on condition you don’t mention Lee Jong-in and teleporting.”

Ji-won feigned disappointment then he grinned “finally someone who doesn’t go weak in the knees when a wolf strolls in the door.” He stared down at tray then began eating pasta. The red sauce resembled blood and I tried not to get sick again.

Vampire nourishment had come a long away. Plasma Food Companies made it possible for vampires to enjoy traditional human food that carried the nutritional equivalent of blood they needed to survive and maintain their strength.

But many studies showed that nothing compared to the real thing. I wondered if Ji-won’s family only pretended to eat plasma-rich food and at home they scarfed down buckets of blood.

“Want some?” he noticed me staring.

I shook my head and concentrated on my own food, cold and miserable. I would regret not eating it later.

Ji-w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter