Chap 2

Sleep with me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KAI

When I woke up, Sehun was shaking me, his face close to mine. I pushed him away, “Ew dude. Get the away from me. What are you doing in my room?” I hated when people, even Sehun, invaded my private space.  

Sehun tapped his watch “It’s 10…” I didn’t get it. “You missed the opening ceremony.”

Only then did I register the sun shining through the blinds and the sounds of students going about their first day.

“!” I’d missed the official ceremony where my father and all the elders were present.”

“Are you sick? Should I get Yixing ssi to look at you?” Sehun was staring at me like I’d turned into an actual wolf.

“No…I…feel great.” And I did. In fact, I felt amazing.

“Then get dressed. The Elders are discussing Mi-rae ssi’s murder as we speak.”

I jumped up and went into the bathroom. Sehun followed, watching me stare at the mirror. “Dude…check it out.” I brought my face close to his.

“What am I looking for exactly?” Sehun stepped back. “You may be close to Godliness, but you need to brush your teeth man.”

“Seriously. This is important. Don’t my eyes look lighter?” He grabbed my face, finally seeing what I did. “I’m right…it’s definitely lighter.”

“I mean it’s slight, but yeah, it’s lighter.” Sehun shrugged.

He didn’t understand what a big deal this was for me. I went back to the mirror. I had my mother’s eyes. I forgot that part and this feeling of being refreshed from rest…but something more than that…something beyond rested…

Sehun came up behind me. “Earth to Kim Jong-in…we need to hurry.”  Sehun waited in the room while I had a quick shower and dressed into my school uniform.

I followed Sehun to the great hall where the Elders were gathered around two long tables. On one table sat the leaders of the Wolf Clan and on the other Table were the Vampire Clan.

I could feel the tension in the room the moment Sehun and I entered. These two clans had hated each other for centuries. I was no different. I didn’t trust any of my vampire classmates.

They were arrogant, flashy, and noisy. They treated the school like it was made for them and not for everyone and their leader, the one glaring at me, is the worst of them. Park Ji-won. I want to wipe that smirk off his face. Slice his face off, while I’m at it.

“Welcome Jong-in ssi.” It’s the Council Head that greeted me first and beckoned for me to join them. I was always grateful to Kim Jun-myeon for being a diplomatic leader. He didn’t chastise me for being late, but I could feel the daggers coming from my father’s direction.

There was a row of chairs behind each clan for student representatives. I sat directly behind my father and Min-seok. One day they’d expect me to sit at the Council table.

“I’ll now ask Min-seok ssi to brief us on the recent murder of one of our Elite Students. I felt sorry for my brother. He had nothing to do with Kang Mi-rae’s murder, but he had to answer for it.

Min-seok spoke clearly and told the Council how I’d found the body. Kang Mi-rae was an Elite from Group 2. She was training to be a doctor. He’d informed her parents last night who were distraught.

“Do you think they will come after the school?” a council member from the Vampire Clan asked.

“The school is not to blame, just the leadership.” Another snide comment was made. “Chiron must maintain its position as the best training academy for Elites.”

I could feel the blood boiling in my veins. The vampires pushed the same agenda at every meeting. They hated that the wolves were responsible for security in Chiron and the country. But they’d lost that right in the last war.

“Let’s not be too hasty. It is tragic that a student died, but we need to consider who could be responsible.” Jun-myeon said, he realized the wolves were a beat away from leaping across the table and ripping into every vampire.

“Council Leader Jun-myeon is correct” my father finally spoke. The murderer most likely foresaw this very situation.”

“Don’t deviate.” Ji-won’s father stared at me. It felt like he was reaching across the table, wrapping his ugly talons around me. “Your wolf pack was meant to protect the students.”

He smiled and I knew something bad was coming “That’s why I no longer trust the ability of these wolves. I insist that vampires join the security team.”

“Never.” The wolf leaders were on their feet and both sides hurled insults across the table. No matter the smart robes and designer suits we wore, when it came to territory, manners went out the window. Amidst the chaos, I saw the smirk on Ji-won’s face.

“Silence!” Jun-myeon managed to calm them. I was nervous, he’d have the final say on the matter.

Jun-myeon was not a wolf or a vampire but he was equally as strong in his ability to use the weather. He could cause a tidal wave or make it rain for a month. No one here would be stupid enough to cross him.

“For the sake of maintaining peace and settling this matter, the vampires will join the wolves to keep the school safe. After a month, I will review.”

Jun-myeon held up a hand when it looked like the wolves were ready to protest “The wolves are still responsible for security and the vampires must follow their lead in this matter – no negotiation on this point.”

There were grumblings from the wolves, but the vampires were pleased. They couldn’t contain he smug satisfaction that showed through on the pale, pointy faces.

“This .” Chanyeol moaned. “I can’t work with vampires.”

“Well, you better get used to it and fast.” Sehun whispered back. “This is how things are now.” He glanced over at me, “hey sleeping beauty, you going to manage?”

I nodded, that’s all I could manage. I’d probably say something to cause a war if I opened my mouth now.

“Jong-in!” appa approached.

Great, now I had to deal with this ol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter