Chapter 2

One time thing

Jungkook made it home, happily greeting Taehyung.

"So, how'd it go?" Taehyung asked.

"The date? Horrible. But I met a nice man who helped me escape to situation. He was cute." Jungkook said, giggling.

"Ooh mystery man?" Taehyung answered


"I got his name but no idea of age or career. So for all we know, I might not see him for a while. But hopefully I will soon." 

"Never know. Maybe you'll see him again very soon." Taehyung said, smiling.

Jungkook grabbed a beer from the fridge and sat down next to Taehyung, sighing with content.

"And?" Jungkook said quickly.

"And?" Taehyung repeated.

"How is your love life going?" He answered


Taehyung rolled his eyes, leaning against the arm of the sofa and staring at Jungkook, shrugging.

"I'm not concerned about it right now. Finally got over my ex of 3 years so i really don't need to start again any time soon."  

Jungkook nodded, hugging his friend tightly.

"I'm sorry tae. That must've been painful for you."

Taehyung shrugged and smiled.

"Enough about my love life though, alright? What did Namjoon look like?" He asked, flashing a smile and ruffling Jungkook's hair.

Jungkook smiled back, blushing slightly and thinking.

"Hmm he was really tall, had the most amazing clear skin i've ever seen! And his eyes were such a unique shape, like dragon eyes. He had a beautiful smile." He recalled.

Taehyung watched happily as his friend talked about this man. 

"I hope whatever happens will work out for the best. Any idea where he might be or what he likes?"

Jungkook frowned slightly, shrugging.

"Don't know." He answered. 

Taehyung nodded then chuckled.

"You know what? We have to go shopping tomorrow anyway, maybe we'll run into him at the store." Taehyung said, laughing.

Jungkook smiled, sighing. 

"Maybe."

~The next day~

Jungkook and Taehyung finished breakfast and got ready to head out to the store. It was colder than normal that day, so the car was frosted over. Jungkook got the car started to heat it up while he waited for Taehyung. He drew a little heart in the window and smiled to himself as the car was defrosting. 

"Ready to go?" Taehyung asked, happily.

Jungkook nodded.

The two drove to a nearby grocery store to pick out some things for the week. Taehyung puahes the cart, looking at the list to see what they needed. Jungkook absent mindly looked around for Namjoon. Once they finished their shopping, they headed to the registers to ring out. Jungkook still slightly looking around to see if he could see Namjoon anywhere. He really wished they could've exchanged numbers. He gave up looking for a few minutes to help Taehyung put the groceries in the car.  On the drive home, they decided to stop for coffee. They walked through the doors of the coffee shop and jungkook froze, taehyung stopped directly behind him.

"Huh? What?" He asked, confused.

Namjoon was seen sitting in an arm chair, reading a favorite book and drinking coffee. Jungkook told Taehyung he'd only be a minute and to go ahead and order for himself. Jungkook spproached Namjoon, feeling slightly nervous. He felt butterflies in his stomach.

"Uh...namjoon?" He asked, quietly.

Namjoon looked up from the book he was reading and a smiled spread across his lips. He set his book down and stood up, pulling Jungkook into a hug.

"Jungkook, it's good to see you. No crazy dates we have to run away from this time?" He teased.

Jungkook laughed.

"No, just here getting coffee with my roommate." He answered. 

"Well i'm glad to see you not looking so fearful." 

Jungkook nodded, staying quiet.

"Let's trade numbers, so that if you're ever in trouble, you can call me." Namjoon said, suddenly.

Jungkook's eyes widened slightly, nodding.

"O-okay." He finally answered.

Taehyung came up behind Jungkook, pressing the warm drink against his skin. 

"You were busy so I got your coffee for you." He said.

Jungkook nodded, smiling.

"Thank you, This is my roommate, Taehyung. Tae, this is Namjoon."

Taehyung smiled at Namjoon.

"Nice to meet you."

Namjoon nodded in response, smiling.

"Well we better get going, we have frozen stuff in the car." Taehyung remembered.

"Right, sorry...uh...i'll call you." He said as taehyung pulled him away.

Namjoon smiled, watching the two walk out of the shop. He couldn't wait to see Jungkook again, hopefully soon. He texted Jungkook quickly, just saying it was nice to see him from a brief moment.