Chapter 1

One time thing

Jungkook has been talking to a guy for a few months and was finally getting the chance to meet his potential new boyfriend. He excitedly rushed around, getting ready. His best friend and roommate, Taehyung shook his head, smiling at his frantic friend. 

"Calm down, it's not like you're running late, you know." He stated.

"I know! I'm just really excited! It's my first date in forever!" He answered excitedly.

Within a few minutes, Jungkook was practically rushing out the door.

"Text me when you get there, call me if you need me to rescue you, okay?" Taehyung said, slightly worried.

Jungkook hugged him.

"Don't worry. I'll be home in a few hours and i'll call you if I need anything."

Jungkook made it to the restaurant, standing outside to wait patiently for his date. He waited for about 30 minutes before messaging the man.

"Hey, we're still on for our date tonight right?" He texted.

No response for at least 10 minutes. Finally, his date arrived.

"Sorry i'm late babe. I had some...business to take care of." He started.

Jungkook cocked his head, confused.

"Oh uh..that's okay. Uh..let's go get a table." 

His date followed slowly behind him. They got a table and ordered drinks.

"So what were you doing before this?" Jungkook asked, smiling.

The man shrugged, looking around.

"Just hanging out with friends.." He answered.

Jungkook nodded, staying quiet.

"O-oh...um...well maybe if you want to be with your friends that's fine, we can meet later." 

"What? Why? I mean you are hot, why would I turn down a date with you?" The guy said, smiling.

Jungkook's ears felt hot and his face turned red. He felt embarrassed. 

"Thank...you." He said, laughing awkwardly.

Jungkook decided to stay for a little while longer, hoping a few drinks would make him feel more at ease. This turned out to be a bad idea, his date decided to drink quickly and plenty. He seemed to be a lightweight and became intoxicated quickly. Jungkook started to get nervous and started trying to get the bills. 

"What are you doing?" His date asked.

"I...I think we're done here. Lets just pay and leave." He answered.

"Okay. You're paying right? Thanks." He stated.

Jungkook shot a death glare at him, shaking his head.

"No. I'm not. I'm not the one who ordered the most expensive thing on the menu and i'm not the one who drank like a fish! I'm leaving. I don't feel comfortable." Jungkook said, placing some money on the table and heading for the door.

His date screamed after him, starting to follow him.

"Wait, come back here you little !" 

Feeling scared, Jungkook started walking faster, he wanted to get somewhere to feel safe before heading back to his car. He noticed a young man walking ahead of him. He quickly ran up to him, hugging him tightly.

"Oh my god I haven't seen you in forever!!" He said loudly.

"Please help me, he's following me!" He pleaded quietly. 

The man's eyes widened, he grabbed Jungkook's hand and ran with him as fast as they could. There was a nearby convenience store that they spotted and quickly ran into the store and behind some aisles, hoping the man wouldn't follow. They crouched down for a few minutes, trying to catch their breath. The two boys glanced at each other, staying silent.

"Think we lost him?" Jungkook whispered

The cashier wandered around stocking the shelves and noticed the two men. 

"Can I help you?" She asked.

Jungkook and the man looked at each other, staying quiet.

"U-uh...I'm trying to hide from a bad date..." Jungkook whispered.

The cashier looked around.

"There's nobody here but us 3." She stated.

Jungkook glanced at the man next to him and sighed.

"I'm so sorry about that. I-"

"You were trying to get away from that man. But...why?" He asked.

"Date gone wrong?" Jungkook answered.

The man started laughing.

"Well....i think you're clear now. Need me to walk with you anywhere else?" He asked, half joking.

Jungkook nodded.

"My car...please." He asked, softly.

Namjoon smiled slowly, nodding.

"Okay. But since we're here, lets get you some mints and water. You can still smell some alcohol on your breath." 

Jungkook's eyes widened and his blushd, embarrassed.

"I-i uh...sorry." He mumbled.

The man shrugged.

"Don't worry about it. But can you get home safe?" He asked.

Jungkook nodded.

"I think i'll be fine." He replied.

The man paid for the items and walked back to his new friend. The two of them walked back to Jungkook's car.

"Thank you...for helping me." Jungkook said politely.

The man smiled sweetly.

"No problem. By the way, what's your name?" He asked.

"Jungkook. You?"

"I'm Namjoon. Nice to meet you."