Chapter 9

Paris in The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

The next morning

 

Minjeong was the first person to wake up early that morning. After she took a shower, she went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

 

"Hmm.. smells good!," Aeri said as soon as she left her room. She then walked towards the kitchen, and was surprised to see Minjeong cooking something. "Huh? Minjeong? You slept here last night?" Aeri asked. “Oh, good morning, Aeri! Ermm.. yes. Jimin asked me to sleep here last night,” Minjeong replied as she smiled shyly.

 

Aeri just giggled at Minjeong who looked shy. “Good morning, Minjeong!,” she replied. She then stood next to Minjeong to see what she was cooking. "Kimchi ramyeon? Wow! That's delicious!," Aeri said. "Aeri, can you help me set the table?," Minjeong asked. "Sure. I'll get it ready," Aeri replied, and quickly headed to the cabinet to grab the crockery and cutlery.

 

"Jimin still hasn't woken up yet?" Aeri asked. "She was still sleeping when I woke up. Maybe she was still jet lagged," Minjeong answered. "Or, she could sleep soundly because you're here," Aeri said teasingly. Minjeong just laughed at Aeri's words.

 

"What time do you usually get to the office?" Minjeong asked. "9.30 a.m. It usually takes me half an hour to get to the office," Aeri replied. "I think you should eat your breakfast first. I'm going to Jimin's room to check if she's already awake or not," Minjeong said.

 

"Okay. Thank you for preparing breakfast for us, Minjeong," Aeri said as she thanked her. "No problem," Minjeong replied, and she quickly walked towards Jimin's room.

 

Minjeong slowly tiptoed towards the bed. Jimin was still sleeping while hugging the pillow which she used to sleep on last night. She then slowly sat on the side of the bed, watching Jimin who was sleeping soundly.

 

She placed her hand on top of Jimin's head, and her hair gently. Jimin didn't stir at all, and Minjeong suddenly got an idea to . She pinched Jimin's nose, causing her to startle, and her eyes were fluttering open.

 

"Are you trying to kill me, babe?" Jimin said in a weak voice. "Oh, no! no!," Minjeong said as she raised both her hands. "I'm sorry! I just want to tease you. I'm sorry, okay?" Minjeong said apologetically.

 

"Okay. Your apology will be accepted if you give me a morning kiss," Jimin said while pouting her lips. Minjeong just chuckled and leaned forward to give her a kiss.

 

"Let's get up now. I already prepared breakfast. Aeri is eating her breakfast now," Minjeong said. "You prepared breakfast for us?" Jimin asked. "Yes," Minjeong replied in short. She slowly got up from the bed while holding Minjeong's arm, and she pulled her to hug her. "Thank you. You don't have to do that," Jimin said.

 

"It's okay. I want to have breakfast with you before I go back to my apartment," replied Minjeong. "Alright, go wash your face first, and I'll wait for you at the dining table," Minjeong said. "Okay," Jimin replied as she quickly got up, and headed out of her room towards the bathroom.

 

“Morning, Miss Aeri!,” Jimin greeted her cheerfully as she took her seat next to Minjeong. “Morning, sleepyhead!,” Aeri teasingly said, earning a glare from the latter. Minjeong just chuckled at their childish act. She scooped some kimchi ramyeon out of the pot, and put it in Jimin's bowl. "Thank you, love!," Jimin thanked her. Minjeong just replied with a smile, and gestured to her to immediately eat her food.

 

"Can we ask Minjeong to stay with us? She can cook us breakfast every day," Aeri said teasingly, but with a serious face. "She's not your maid, though!," Jimin replied in an annoyed tone. "Just chill, Miss Jimin! I'm just joking, though!," Aeri said as she rolled her eyes. "Girls, calm down please, and finish your breakfast, okay?" Minjeong said to both of them. "Okay, mom!," Jimin and Aeri said in unison, causing them to laugh at their silly act. Minjeong just shook her head while smiling.

 

Aeri was the first to finish her breakfast, and she excused herself first because she had to go to the office. Only Jimin and Minjeong were still at the dining table. "Have you finished eating?" Minjeong asked when she saw Jimin stop eating her food. Jimin just nodded, and snuggled up to Minjeong, hugging her and resting her head on her shoulder. "I'm still sleepy," she replied as she nuzzled into Minjeong's neck.

 

"Alright, you can continue sleeping after this. Let's clear the table and dishes first," Minjeong said. She hugged Jimin tightly for one last time, and kissed the top of her head before she released the hug. They then together cleaned the table and washed the dishes.

 

"How are you going to meet Ryujin?," Minjeong asked as soon as she got ready to go back to her apartment. "I'll just take a taxi then," Jimin said. "I'll pick you up, and drop you off later," Minjeong said. "It's okay, babe. I don't want to trouble you. You have to go to work after all," Jimin replied. "It's okay. After all, the place where you and Ryujin will meet happens to be a route to the restaurant as well," Minjeong said. "And, by the way, I want to hand over your new jacket and helmet that I bought earlier," Minjeong informed.

 

"Really?," Jimin asked with an excited tone. "Yes. You can wear it today, and keep it later," Minjeong replied. Jimin dashed forward to hug Minjeong. "Thank you!," she thanked her. "No problem, babe," Minjeong replied. "Alright, I have to go now. I'll call you once I get here," Minjeong said. "Okay. Ride safely," Jimin said and pecked on her lips. "Okay," Minjeong replied as both of them immediately pulled off the hug.

 

After sending Minjeong off the apartment, Jimin went back inside her apartment, and continued to sleep in her room.

 

______

 

As promised, on that afternoon Minjeong picked up Jimin from her apartment, and handed over her gift which was a blue colored full face helmet, and a jacket to Jimin. Jimin received it excitedly, and kept thanking Minjeong.

 

"You know, this is the first time I've given a gift that's related to me," Minjeong told her. "I feel honored," Jimin replied. "But, what about the helmet you gave NingNing?" Jimin asked curiously. "Oh! That's actually mine. Since I often send NingNing to her office on my motorbike, I just give it to her," Minjeong replied. "I see," Jimin nodded understandingly.

 

"Okay. Let's go now," Minjeong said as she got on her motorbike, and started the engine. Jimin then got on the motorbike, and sat on the pillion seat behind Minjeong, and immediately wrapped her arms around Minjeong's waist. She started riding the motorbike towards the main road, and heading towards respective destinations.

 

After arriving at the mall where she was going to meet Ryujin, Jimin bid goodbye to Minjeong, and quickly walked towards the entrance of the mall. They promised to have lunch together at one of the fast food restaurants there.

 

She then saw Ryujin was waiting for her in front of the restaurant. "Ryujin!" Jimin shouted as she waved her hand, and immediately walked towards Ryujin. "Unnie!" Ryujin greeted her while giving her a hug. She then looked at Jimin, and her gaze suddenly shifted on the helmet and jacket that she was holding.

 

"You came here with a motorbike?" Ryujin asked. "It’s not like that. Minjeong sent me here with her motorbike. This jacket and helmet are gifts from her," Jimin replied, showing both the helmet and jacket proudly. "Wow! I didn't know Minjeong could ride a motorbike. She's so cool!," Ryujin said. "Yeah, my girlfriend is so cool, isn't she?" Jimin replied with a grin, causing Ryujin to chuckle. "Alright, cool Minjeong's girlfriend, let's get inside," Ryujin said and grabbed Jimin's arm as she led her inside the restaurant.

 

______

 

"You arrived late today," Somi said to Minjeong who had just arrived at the restaurant. "Sorry! I sent Jimin to the mall first because her colleague wanted to meet her there. I didn't have the heart to let her take a taxi," Minjeong explained. 'Oh, okay. I understand," Somi replied.

 

"Oh, yes! Yesterday you told me that you wanted to apply for three days leave. Where are you going?" Somi asked. "I already promised to go on vacation with Jimin. After all, I wanted to get an explanation from her about what had happened between her and Yeji while in Paris last time," Minjeong replied. "I see. alright. I approve of your leave. Go rest and spend time with Jimin," Somi said. "Thanks, boss!" Minjeong thanked her. "No problem," Somi replied.

 

"Okay. Today we are not going to accept any reservations for VIP customers. It makes me nerve-wrecking every time a VIP customer comes to our restaurant. I hope my mom won't make me panic with her sudden phone call," Somi said.

 

"Isn't it a good reputation when we receive VIP customers?" Minjeong stated her opinion. "Of course it is! But, if they often make last minute bookings like yesterday, it could cause me to have a heart attack in the future. I don't like that kind of situation. They should follow our restaurant’s policy that customers should make reservations within three days. All customers, okay? Including VIP customers," Somi said while insisting.

 

"But, yesterday's VIP customer was your mother's friend. You have no choice, Somi," Minjeong replied. Somi let out a heavy sigh. "I know that. That's why I have to be firm with my mother. No more last minute phone calls to make reservations. I have no problem with our regular customers. But, not to VIP customers. I don't like to be bound by VIP serving protocols, etc.," Somi said.

 

"Calm down, Somi. You don’t have to worry much. You have a great team of kitchen and restaurant crew that can help you," Minjeong said while patting her shoulder. "Yeah, thanks to you guys, I successfully endured a tough day yesterday," Somi replied. "Alright, let's get to work!" Minjeong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter