Chapter 2

Paris in The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Jimin-Aeri apartment

 

"Who did this to you?," asked Aeri while tending to the small wound on the top of Jimin's head and applying the antiseptic cream from the first aid kit.

 

“How would I know who the culprit is? All I know is a hard object suddenly landing on top of my head, and I felt a pain.” she replied. Aeri couldn’t help but to chuckle on her words. She stopped chuckling when she heard Jimin hissed at her.

 

“Sorry! It sounds funny to me, you know,” she said as she apologized. “Luckily the wound is on top of your head. Imagine if the wound is elsewhere, at your forehead for instance, it will leave a wound mark, and it’s not good for your appearance,” Aeri said in concern.

 

“I know, right? If I knew who did this to me, I would kill this person first!,” she said in an angry tone. Aeri just chuckled at her words, and put back the antiseptic cream inside the first aid kit box.

 

“Luckily you are under your leave for one week. I think the wound will heal within that time,” she said as she got up from the couch, and put back the first aid kit box on its shelf.

 

“Thanks, babe! I don’t know what I will do without you. You’re the best friend ever!,” Jimin replied while giving her thumbs up to Aeri.

 

“Yeah, that’s not free though. Buy me lunch at an expensive restaurant later,” Aeri said while giving her mischievous smile.

 

“Just a lunch? No big problem. It’s much better than you asking me to buy you a new handbag,” Jimin said teasingly.

 

“Oh! That will be on the next one, okay?,” Aeri replied excitedly.

 

"Hmm.. let me see.. the answer is nope!," Jimin said. "You have plenty of them in the wardrobe room. So enough for the moment," she said seriously, causing her housemate to pout. Jimin just laughed, and quickly got up from the couch. She then bid Aeri a goodnight before heading to her room.

 

A few days later

 

After successfully convincing Jimin to have lunch at a famous restaurant, they then left their apartment half an hour early. This is because the restaurant is quite full at lunch time because it is located in a commercial area, and most of the office workers around the area will come to have their lunch there. Luckily Aeri managed to make a reservation earlier, and they will have the reserved table. It's just that they need to leave early to avoid the heavy traffic jam, and to ensure that they will get to park the car near the restaurant.

 

As soon as they arrived in front of the restaurant's main entrance, the clock struck twelve noon, just in time for lunch. They then entered and were warmly greeted by the restaurant waitress. "Welcome!," said the waitress as she welcomed Aeri and Jimin in. "Ermm.. my name is Kim Aeri. I made a reservation this morning for lunch," Aeri informed.

 

"Oh yes. We have been informed of Miss Aeri's reservation. Please come with me," said the waitress as she led Aeri and Jimin to the table reserved for them. As soon as they took their seats, the waitress handed them the menu and was ready to take the order.

 

"Can you recommend us the best seller menu here for lunch?," Aeri asked. "Sure, Miss. I suggest you order the royal set menu. The food here is all prepared by Chef Kim Minjeong, a certified chef who specializes in authentic Korean cuisine,” she suggested. Jimin then tapped her hand, and pulled Aeri by her arm closer to whisper to her.

 

“I want to eat donkatsu,” she whispered. Aeri raised her brows and looked back at the menu. “There’s no donkatsu on this menu. This is an authentic Korean cuisine restaurant, Miss Jimin,” she whispered back. "Yes, Miss. There is no donkatsu here. That's included in fast food, miss," the waitress interrupts, causing Aeri to giggle. Jimin pouted.

 

“It’s okay, Somi. I can prepare for her,” suddenly a voice interrupts, causing the three to look at the source of the voice. "Oh, Miss Kim! Ladies, this is our chef, Miss Kim Minjeong," the waitress named Somi introduced Minjeong to them. Jimin and Aeri's eyes were fixed on her. Minjeong, who was dressed in an all-black chef's uniform, put her hand on her chest, and bowed while smiling at the girls as polite gestures to their customers.

 

"Oh my God! Is she really a chef? Or, a disguised angel who just fell from heaven? Why does she look so gorgeous?," Jimin thought.

 

"Nice to meet you, Chef Kim. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. My friend here is not a fan of Korean authentic cuisine. I just basically dragged her to eat with me here," Aeri said, causing Jimin hissed at her in anger. Minjeong just chuckled on her words while glancing at Jimin. “It’s okay, Miss, we understand. We also prepare for the additional menu based on the customer's special request. Sometimes, our customers come here and bring their children to eat together, and we do have some menus for kids and those who don’t eat Korean food. Don’t worry,” she politely replied. Jimin's face suddenly turned red. "I'm not a kid, though," she thought. “Oh, that sounds good! So, I would like to have one royal set, and for our Missy here one chicken donkatsu set,” Aeri ordered.

 

"Alright. One royal set, and one set of chicken donkatsu. Drinks will be served shortly," Somi said as she took down the order and took the menu back. "Excuse me. I have to start my work now," Minjeong said as she excused herself, and left their table. Aeri and Jimin nodded as they smiled.

 

"This restaurant does have good-looking employees, right? From the waitress to the chef, is this their marketing strategy, or the other way around?," Aeri said while looking at Somi who was serving customers who had just entered the restaurant. "Yeah, and that Chef Kim, she's gorgeous, you know," replied Jimin while her eyes darted to the restaurant's kitchen. Aeri raised her brows while looking at her.

 

“Someone forgot she already has a girlfriend,” she said while smiling mischievously. Jimin then pretended to look around. "Who is she?," she asked. Aeri then chuckled as she pointed her finger at Jimin. "That ‘someone’ is you, Miss Jimin," she replied with a sly smile.

 

"I didn't do anything here. I'm just saying Chef Kim is gorgeous, that's all," she said. "Oh, yeah? The way you were staring at her just now was like, there’s a love sign in your eyes, you know," Aeri said teasingly.

 

Their conversation stopped for a moment when Somi came back and served them drinks. Aeri thanked her while smiling at Somi. Somi who noticed Aeri smiling at her the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter