Chapter 5

Paris in The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh, no! Am I that culprit?," Minjeong thought.

 

Fear and guilt began to creep into her. "Should I tell her I'm the culprit?," Minjeong thought. But, she didn't dare to be honest with Jimin because they had just become friends. “Think, Minjeong, think!," she thought.

 

"I think you can't kill that culprit," Minjeong said cautiously.

 

"Why?," Jimin asked.

 

"Because, if you kill that culprit, you will be arrested and imprisoned. You will not get justice later. It is better that you call the police to arrest the culprit, and hand it over to them to investigate the case," Minjeong gave her opinion. Jimin frowned as she was in deep thought.

 

"You're right. I don't want to commit a crime. After all, I only got a small cut, and it's not a big deal. Well, I'll let this go," Jimin said.

 

For some reason, Minjeong felt bad. If only she hadn't thrown the drink can down the hill then, surely Jimin wouldn't have had a nightmare. She felt so guilty for accidentally hurting Jimin that night.

 

"Starting from now on, I have to treat her well. I promise I won't do anything that will hurt her. I will protect her," Minjeong made a promise to herself.

 

"Arghh!!!," Jimin suddenly screamed, and grabbed Minjeong's arm. Minjeong felt confused, and saw Jimin's scared face looking at something in front of them. "Why?," Minjeong asked while looking at the front. "B-birds!," Jimin replied fearfully as she hid behind Minjeong.

 

"Oh! Those seagulls," Minjeong said as she searched for some pebbles, then quickly picked them up. She immediately threw the pebbles at the group of seagulls, causing the birds startled, and continued to fly towards the shore.

 

"It's okay. The seagulls are gone, don't be afraid, okay?," Minjeong said while patting Jimin's arm. Jimin was still holding her arm tightly, and her body was still shaking. “It’s okay, Jimin. It's okay. They’re gone already,” Minjeong said as she kept patting Jimin's arm to calm her down.

 

Jimin slowly looked forward, but her hand was still holding Minjeong's arm. "I'm sorry," Jimin apologized as she let go of Minjeong's arm.

 

"It's okay. I didn't know you were afraid of birds," Minjeong replied.

 

"Hmm.. it's a long story. It's a trauma from my childhood," Jimin told her.

 

"Tell me about it," Minjeong asked.

 

Jimin took a deep breath, and patted her chest to calm her down. "It happened when I was in my third grade. There was an alley that I always walked through on my way to the building where the piano class was located. Then, one day, as I was passing through the alley as usual, I suddenly saw an aunt feeding a group of pigeons. When I was passing by the group of pigeons that were eating, suddenly a basketball fell towards those birds, and the birds were startled, and they flew over my head. I was startled and immediately fell down, then I cried in fear. Since then I've become afraid of birds to this day," Jimin told her.

 

"Oh, my! That was such an unfortunate event. But, where did the basketball come from?," Minjeong asked curiously. "The class piano building was located next to the basketball court. Every afternoon after school, there were groups of school boys playing basketball there," Jimin replied.

 

"I see," Minjeong said as she nodded. "Now I have learned a lot about you," Minjeong said.

 

"Hmm.. about my embarrassing weakness, isn't it?", Jimin replied, causing Minjeong to chuckle.

 

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, Jimin. It's okay. Maybe next time we can go to the zoo, and you can try to get used to seeing and petting the birds," Minjeong suggested.

 

"Oh, no! Not in a million years! I'd rather hold a snake than a bird," Jimin said firmly.

 

"Huh? You're afraid of birds, but not snakes?," Minjeong asked in surprise. "Snakes are cuter than birds. Birds are so scary!," Jimin said, causing Minjeong to gape. It was Jimin's turn to laugh at Minjeong's reaction.

 

"You are such a unique girl, Jimin," Minjeong said. "Oh, yes I am!," Jimin replied, causing them both to laugh.

 

"What do you want to do after this?" Minjeong asked. "Can we stay here until sunset? I want to see the sunset today," Jimin replied. "Okay, as you wish," Minjeong said. "But, you said this is your favorite place. How can you come here so often? There are also many seagulls here," Minjeong asked. "That's why I came here at night, Miss Curious!," Jimin replied with a chuckle.

 

"I see," Minjeong said while smiling shyly. "She's so adorable!", Jimin thought while looking at shy Minjeong.

 

Soon, the sun started to set, and Jimin immediately got up from where she was sitting, taking her phone out of her handbag. She then started taking pictures of the sunset. "Do you want me to take your picture?" Minjeong asked, volunteering. "Yes, please!," Jimin replied. Minjeong then immediately got up, and walked towards Jimin who was waiting for her, holding her phone. Minjeong took the phone from Jimin's hand, and started instructing her to pose. "Let's take a picture together," Jimin said, pulling Minjeong's hand. "Okay," Minjeong just obeyed as she handed the phone back to Jimin.

 

Jimin then stood close next to Minjeong, and started taking pictures together. "Ready? One, two..," Jimin said, and with a lightning speed she stole a kiss on Minjeong's cheek while taking their picture. Minjeong's eyes widened in surprise, and when Minjeong looked at Jimin, she suddenly stepped forward, and ran away from Minjeong who was still stunned by Jimin's spontaneous mischief act ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter