Chapter 4

Paris in The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as they arrived in front of the cafe, Minjeong parked her motorbike at the available parking space. She then patted Jimin's arm, asking her to get off the motorbike first. Jimin just complied, and got off the motorbike. She just stands aside while waiting for Minjeong to take off his helmet and jacket.

 

She then helped Jimin to take off her helmet, and Jimin quickly took off her jacket.

 

"Are you okay?" Minjeong asked with concern. "Ermm.. a little dizzy, maybe because it's my first time riding a motorbike," she replied with a shy smile. Minjeong chuckled at her words.

 

"I'm sorry. I don't drive a car. Riding a motorbike makes it easier for me to get to work, so that I don't have to go through traffic jams," she explained to her.

 

"I see," Jimin replied while nodding.

 

"Alright. Let's get inside the cafe," Minjeong said, and the two of them walked towards the cafe.

 

______

 

"One iced chocolate, one iced Americano, two sets of club sandwiches, and two sets of strawberry cream waffles," the cafe waiter repeated their order.

 

"Yes, that's right," Minjeong said to confirm her order. The waiter immediately left and went to the cafe's order counter. She then looked at Jimin, and started a conversation.

 

"Alright. Can you tell yourself, and what you do?," Minjeong said. Jimin cleared before answering Minjeong's question. "Wait! Why does it sound like an interview?," Jimin asked, causing Minjeong to laugh at her words.

 

"No, no, it's not an interview though. It's more like an ice breaking session," she replied.

 

"Okay, I'm just kidding! My full name as you know is Yu Jimin. I’m from Seoul. I work as a flight attendant at Koreana Airlines," she answered. "You work at Koreana Airlines? Wow! That's interesting! May I know how long you've been working there?," Minjeong asked with interest.

 

"It's been five years," she replied. "I was assigned to an international flight from Seoul to Paris," she added.

 

"Wow! Interesting! I have never been abroad in my life. Maybe one day. I once aspired to continue my studies at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. But, my parents wouldn't allow it. They were worried about my safety because I'm a girl," Minjeong said with a faint smile.

 

Jimin suddenly felt sorry for Minjeong. She feels grateful that her family always supported her in whatever she wants to do.

 

"I'm sure one day you will achieve your dream. Don't give up, okay?" Jimin said encouragingly. "Thank you!," Minjeong replied with a smile.

 

Their conversation stopped for a moment when the waiter came with the food and drinks they had ordered earlier. Both of them thanked the waiter.

 

"Okay, let's eat first," Minjeong said as she started sipping her iced chocolate drink. "This is really good! You know what? This is the cafe I always visited when I was studying at college. All the food and drinks here are really good," Minjeong told Jimin.

 

"Really?," Jimin asked as she also started sipping her iced Americano. "Hmm.. the iced Americano is good too," Jimin said. Both of them then started to eat their respective sandwiches.

 

"Wow! This is so good! You are right. The food and drinks here are so good," Jimin said excitedly. Minjeong just chuckled as she looked at how excited Jimin was while enjoying her food.

 

"You like it?" Minjeong asked. Jimin just nodded as she couldn't speak because she was munching her food, causing Minjeong to smile. She's indeed looking so adorable while eating.

 

"Alright. You already know about me. Now can you tell me about yourself?" Jimin asked. Minjeong sipped her drink before answering her question.

 

"Okay. My full name is Kim Minjeong. I'm 25 years old, and I'm from Yangsan," Minjeong was just about to continue her words, and suddenly Jimin interrupted.

 

"Wait! You're 25 years old?," Jimin asked to be sure. "Yes, I'm 25 years old. Why?," Minjeong asked her back. "You're younger than me. I'm 26 years old," Jimin replied with a shy smile.

"Oh, then I should call you 'unnie', right?," Minjeong said teasingly. Jimin's face suddenly turned into a frown. "Hmm.. let me see. The answer is.. nope! Just call me by my name, okay?" she insisted. Minjeong just laughed at her funny act. "Alright, may I continue?" Minjeong asked. "Please," Jimin replied.

 

"Okay. After I finished high school, my family and I moved to Seoul because I have been accepted to study culinary arts at the Institute of Korean Royal Cuisine. After I completed my course there for a year, I applied to study at Le Cordon Bleu of Seoul branch for diploma in culinary arts. I want to complete my degree in Paris, but as I told you earlier, my parents did not allow me to continue my studies abroad. While I was studying, I started working as a part-time cook at the restaurant where I am working now until I graduate from college. After I graduated, the restaurant owner offered me to work as their chef," Minjeong said at length.

 

"Interesting. You're such a smart student," Jimin said.

 

"Well, you can say that. I was a very active student during my school days. Somehow, I suddenly became interested in the culinary world. Maybe because I always watched my late grandmother cook when I was a little," Minjeong replied.

 

“I see,” Jimin said. She then continued to eat when Minjeong asked her. “Tell me more about you. I mean, how did you start working as a flight attendant?," Minjeong asked.

 

"I'm also like you. It's been my interest since childhood. My aunt used to work as a flight attendant, but she's already retired. So, whenever I see her, I'm always in awe. My aunt always looks beautiful and stylish. So, I keep a dream to become like her when I grow up," Jimin replied.

 

"I see. That's interesting. And, to be honest, being a flight attendant suits you very well. I mean, with your height, your body proportion, and you're pretty too," Minjeong replied with a smile.

 

"Really?" Jimin asked. "Yes, you can ask anyone, and I'm sure they will definitely give you the same answer as me," Minjeong insisted. "Okay, I believe in you," Jimin repli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter