Chapter 8

Paris in The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Minjeong and Somi were sitting at the table, resting for a moment after working all day at the restaurant. They were enjoying their frozen mint lemonade drinks specially made by Minjeong.

 

"What should I do, Somi?" Minjeong asked. Minjeong had told Somi what had happened after she returned to the restaurant earlier today. Somi then let out a sigh while sipping her drinks.

 

"You can't simply judge her just by a picture sent to you, and you're not sure of its validity, Minjeong," Somi said, giving her opinion.

 

"After all, we don't know if Jimin sent you that picture on purpose or not. Doesn't she love you? I don't think she has the heart to do that to you," Somi continued.

 

Minjeong let out a heavy sigh as she sipped her drink. "I thought the same thing, Somi. I don't think she did that. Why did she do that if only to hurt me? Even if she did that on purpose, wouldn't it be better for her to tell me the truth instead of doing something like that?," Minjeong said.

 

"Every relationship needs a high level of trust in each partner, Minjeong. I've known you for a long time. You're not someone who jumps easily without knowing the solid reason behind something that has happened," Somi told her. Minjeong was just silent as she was deep in thought.

 

"Just call her, Minjeong. Don't ask her to explain to you why she did that to you. She'll want to explain everything to you. I know, you're still torn. But this time, try to give her a chance, and put your trust in her," Somi said, giving her some advice.

 

Minjeong sighed for the umpteenth time, and then gulped down the rest of her drinks. "Thanks for your advice, buddy. I promise I will try my best to confront her," Minjeong said.

 

"No worries, buddy. Alright! Let's clean this up, and then we just go straight home," Somi said as she got up from her seat and took her drinking glass to the kitchen. Minjeong just followed her.

 

______

 

That night

 

"Alright, Minjeong. Take a deep breath, let it out, and calm down," Minjeong said to herself. She then started dialing Jimin's number, and surprisingly Jimin quickly answered her call.

 

"H.. Hello? Minjeong, baby.. I..," Jimin said with a trembling voice.

 

"Hi," Minjeong replied in short. "I'm sorry..," Jimin was just about to continue her words when Minjeong cut her off. "It's okay, babe. It's okay," Minjeong replied, trying to calm her down. Jimin couldn't help but cry her heart out when she heard the soothing words of her beloved girlfriend.

 

"Shh...don't cry, babe. I know you didn't do it. I trust you," Minjeong said, soothing her. "I miss you," Jimin said with her hoarse voice. "I miss you too. Don't think too much, ok? I want you to rest, and work well, ok?," Minjeong said.

 

"Okay," Jimin replied. "Minjeong," Jimin called her. "Hmm..?," Minjeong answered. "You know, right? I love you so much," Jimin told her. "I know. And, I want you to know that I love you too. You don't have to worry, okay?," Minjeong replied. "I can't wait to see you again," Jimin said. "Me too, babe", Minjeong replied.

 

"Babe?," she called her again. "Yes?," Minjeong replied. "Is it okay if it's just the two of us to go on vacation when I come back later?" Jimin asked. "Why?," Minjeong asked her back. "I want to spend time alone with you," she replied. "Hmm.. since when did you become a greedy person, Miss Jimin?," Minjeong said, teasing her. "Please? Just the two of us, okay?," Jimin said, pleading. "Alright, as you wish. Besides, I haven't told Somi and Aeri yet," Minjeong replied.

 

"Thank you, baby. I don't know what I would do without you," Jimin said. "It's okay, babe. Alright, I want you to have a good rest, and don't think too much about what has happened, okay?," Minjeong said, reminding her.

 

"Okay,” she replied. You just got home from work, right?," Jimin asked. "Yes. I just took a shower, and am getting ready to go to bed," Minjeong replied. "Alright. You need to rest well too. I'll call you before I go to the airport tomorrow," Jimin said. "Okay," Minjeong replied. "I love you, always remember that," Jimin said. "I love you too, babe," Minjeong replied, and with that she ended the call.

 

Minjeong placed her phone on her bedside lamp table, and leaned her back against the headboard. She then took her phone again, and opened the text message with the picture that she received through Jimin's phone earlier. She examined the picture from every angle. While looking at the picture thoroughly, suddenly she saw a shadow of a hand holding a phone through the reflection at the hotel room's curtains.

 

"It can't be Jimin's hand. Both of her hands were on the bed, and she looks like she's in a deep sleep," she mumbled. "It's okay. I'll try to get an explanation from her later," Minjeong muttered again. She then put her phone back, and eventually closed her eyes until she fell asleep.

 

______

 

The next morning

 

"You look.. okay today," said Somi while staring at Minjeong who was busy cutting some raw vegetables as preparation of ingredients to cook today. Minjeong then turned her head to look at her while furrowing her brows.

 

"Do I look disheveled all this time?," Minjeong asked. Somi just laughed at her sarcastic words. “Jimin won't fall in love with you if you look like that one, you know,” Somi replied teasingly. Minjeong just smiled at her words.

 

“Tell me. Have you called Jimin last night?,” Somi asked in curiosity. Minjeong just nodded her head while continuing with her work. She just kept staring at Minjeong and demanded some explanation from her.

 

“Alright. She said sorry to me, and you were right. She tried to explain to me what had happened, but I just stopped her from doing so. I told her I trust her, and I know she didn't do that. She cried, and I told her that I’m okay,” Minjeong explained to her.

 

Somi then walked towards Minjeong, and patted on her shoulder. “That’s my girl! You need to support your loved ones whenever they need you,” she said like a proud mother to her daughter.

 

“Yes, mom!,” Minjeong replied playfully, causing Somi to laugh. “Yeah, I wish I have a daughter just like you someday. A beautiful, intelligent, and hot girl, who is the dream girl of everyone out there," Somi said, daydreaming.

 

"Just get married, Somi. Surely you will get the child you desire like that," Minjeong said. "But it's too early, though. Aeri would definitely not agree if I proposed to her so soon," Somi said. "Seriously?," Minjeong asked in surprise. "Do I look like a liar to you? Of course, I will marry Aeri someday," Somi answered with an annoyed tone.

 

"Alright, alright! I trust you. I thought you weren't serious about Aeri," Minjeong said. "Hey, who said that? I seriously love her, you know," Somi replied.

 

Minjeong suddenly got an idea as she snapped her fingers. “That’s it!,” she said. "Huh, why all of a sudden?” Somi asked in confusion. "I'm going to propose to Jimin!," Minjeong suddenly said, causing Somi to gape. "What? Are you serious?," Somi asked. "Yes, I'm serious, Somi. I think that way Jimin will feel safe, and no one will be able to bother her again," Minjeong replied with determination. "Huh, why did you say that?," Somi asked again in curiosity. Minjeong then explained to Somi about what she had found on the picture of Jimin and Yeji that had been sent to her earlier.

 

______

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter