Chapter 3

Paris in The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Minjeong and NingNing apartment

 

“What’s wrong with me?,” Minjeong questioned herself after she ended her text message conversation with Jimin. She then puts her phone on the bedside table, and leaned her back against the headboard.

 

"Is this Somi's curse? I told her I wasn't interested in girls, but why did I feel something when I laid my eyes on Jimin for the first time?," she muttered to herself.

 

She admits that Yu Jimin's beauty is really breathtaking and charming, and when she orders her favorite menu that was not on their restaurant's list of menu on that day, she finds Jimin was so adorable, like a little kid. She didn't have the heart to say 'no' to Jimin. "I must have gone crazy!" she said.

 

She began to admit the truth of Somi's words. She's trying to move on little by little, and all that she wants is to start a new life with a calmer and happier feeling.

 

"Who knows, maybe I'm compatible with her, why don't I give myself a chance, right?," Minjeong said to herself.

 

She took a deep breath, and let it out slowly as she patted her pillow for comfort before she laid down and drifted off to sleep due to exhaustion.

 

______

 

Ever since she received the text message from Minjeong last night about their date, Jimin felt like the days went by too slowly for her. She can't wait to meet Minjeong again this weekend. After all, her week-long vacation was coming to an end, and she would start working again for a month for the international flight route from Seoul to Paris.

 

"Are you okay, Jimin?," Aeri asked while both of them were in the middle of having their breakfast this morning.

 

"Huh? Yeah, I'm okay. Why?," she asked her back.

 

"I don't know. You looked restless. Is anything bothering your mind?," Aeri asked in concern.

 

"Ermm.. Aeri, can I ask you something?," Jimin asked.

 

"Since when do you have to ask me for permission to ask something, Jimin?," Aeri replied in a teasing tone. "I'm serious here, Aeri," Jimin said seriously. "Okay, I'm sorry. Well, what do you want to ask?," Aeri apologized as she asked her back.

 

"What if that person already has someone she likes, but at the same time she likes someone else? I mean, the person she likes can't always be with her. And, that person wants her to stay together with her, but she can't fulfill her request because she has other plans," Jimin asked. Aeri frowned as she was confused by her housemate's question at first, but then she eventually smiled as she was able to catch who Jimin was referring to.

 

"You can just straightforwardly tell me about it, Jimin. The people you were referring to earlier are you, Yeji and.. let me guess, Minjeong, right?," Aeri said. Jimin just smiled shyly while nodding her head.

 

"Wow! You really like Minjeong?," Aeri asked in a surprised tone. Jimin just nodded her head. "I mean, you just met her for the first time, but how are you sure you like her?," Aeri asked again to be sure.

 

"She asked me out this weekend," Jimin told Aeri. Aeri's eyes widened in surprise. "Is it true?," Aeri asked again. "Does my face look like someone who likes to lie?," Jimin replied with an annoyed tone.

 

She then quickly got up, and went into her room to get her phone. She then returned to the dining table, and opened her phone's text messaging application. She showed Aeri the text message she received from Minjeong last night. Aeri then read the text message, and covered in shock.

 

"It's hard for me to believe it. According to Somi, Minjeong has just broken up with her ex-boyfriend. Normally, lovers who have just broken up will take some time to heal, and to forget their ex-boyfriend," said Aeri. "In fact, Minjeong only likes men all this time. There's no way she can easily switch just in the blink of an eye on liking girls," Aeri said.

 

"I don't know about that. Maybe she wants to move on, and wants to give herself a chance to meet other people, I mean, girls instead of men," she replied while giving her opinion.

 

"I think you're right. We can't expect the people around us to stay the same forever. Sometimes, the life experience they've gone through has caused them to change their stance, and become a different person, or a new person," Aeri replied.

 

"So, what's your opinion about my question earlier? What should I do?," Jimin asked.

 

"If you ask me what you should do, I will say you do what you think is best for yourself, for your happiness, and for your better future. But, make the best decision possible, so that the people you love, or the one you once loved won't be hurt, and will hold a grudge against you in the future, Jimin," Aeri said while giving her opinions and advice.

 

Jimin nodded in agreement with what Aeri had told her. She had just gotten to know Minjeong, and she needed more time to get to know her better.

 

"Thank you, my friend. I will use this opportunity to get to know Minjeong first. I will let time decide everything. I will explain to Yeji later. I have decided not to move to Switzerland to live with her. I want to be close to my family, and be with my friends who were always with me through thick and thin," Jimin said with determination.

 

"Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter