Chapter 10

Paris in The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why are you not eating the breakfast I prepared?" Minjeong asked. "I have no appetite," Jimin answered nonchalantly. MInjeong frowned, looking at Jimin's sour and unhappy face. Minjeong then pulled her chair closer to Jimin, and then stared at her face.

 

"Look at me," Minjeong said while cupping Jimin's face, and staring into her eyes. "Tell me, what's wrong?" she asked softly. Jimin let out a heavy sigh. "Who's Lee Chaeryeong?" she asked her back. "Lee Chaeryeong?" Minjeong said while frowning, trying to remember the name Jimin mentioned just now.

 

"Oh! She's an old friend from my high school time. She came to eat at our restaurant during the day, and we met there. I haven't seen her in a long time. We lost touch after I moved to Seoul then," Minjeong explained. "Oh, your old friend! I thought you were trying to cheat on me with another girl," Jimin said with a sigh of relief. Minjeong laughed at her words, and couldn’t help but kiss her lips.

 

"You are so cute, you know! You must have been reading the text message on my phone, right?" Minjeong asked with a smirk. "Ermm.. yes.. sorry..," Jimin replied as she smiled apologetically. "I couldn't help reading it. It's really suspicious, you know, when someone texts you in the middle of the night," she continued.

 

"I won't cheat on you, babe. I love you, and you know that, right?" Minjeong said. "I love you too," Jimin replied while smiling warmly. "Oh, yes! I almost forgot something! Wait here!," Minjeong said as she immediately got up and rushed to Jimin's room to take something.

 

Jimin was frowning at Minjeong's sudden weird act, but smiled after she saw Minjeong went out of the room, and walked slowly towards her while hiding something at her back. She then sat down, and grabbed Jimin's hand. "Here," she said as she placed a small blue twin heart-shaped velvet box in her palm. "What is this?" she asked with a confused face. "Open it," Minjeong told her

 

Jimin immediately opened the box, and was stunned when she saw the content inside the box. "Rings?" she asked. "Yes. It's a couple rings. One for you, and one for me," Minjeong answered.

 

"Why did you buy it?" Jimin asked. “I want you to know that I am very serious about our relationship, and this is the first step," Minjeong said. Jimin smiled when she heard Minjeong's words. Now she is truly convinced that Minjeong loves her so much, and wants to take their relationship to the next level.

 

"Let me put this ring on your finger," Minjeong said as she held out her hand to Jimin, as Jimin then put her hand on top of Minjeong’s palm. Minjeong took the ring from its box, and put it on Jimin's ring finger. The ring was encrusted with sapphire blue love-shaped diamonds around it, "Oh, my God! It's beautiful!" Jimin said excitedly while looking at the ring admirably. “You like it?,” Minjeong asked. “I love it! Thank you!,” Jimin replied and dashed forward to hug Minjeong. “Glad that you love it,” Minjeong said.

 

Jimin then pulled off the hug, and immediately took the other ring from its box. "Let me put this ring on you too," Jimin said as she took Minjeong's hand, and put the ring on Minjeong's ring finger. The ring was almost identical to Jimin's, but it was studded with a different diamond which was a sapphire blue star shaped diamond around it.

 

“Beautiful! Let’s take a picture with these rings,” Jimin said as she got up, and ran to her room to take her phone.

 

Jimin then came out of her room, and quickly walked towards Minjeong. "Alright. Let's take a picture," Jimin said as she pulled her chair closer, and then sat down next to Minjeong. She asked Minjeong to pose while showing their ring fingers. "One, two, three, smile!," Jimin counted, and her phone camera that had been set with a timer captured their picture. She then took a look at the picture, and she smiled in satisfaction at the result.

 

"Okay, one more," she said and counted, but this time she quickly pecked at Minjeong's cheek. Minjeong was surprised as her eyes widened. Jimin then took a look at the result, and she laughed at Minjeong's surprised reaction. "I will keep this, but let's take another one," Jimin said. "Okay," Minjeong replied.

 

"Alright! One, two, three!," Jimin counted, and this time both of them turned their heads towards the same direction, and pecked each other's lips. They laughed at their silly act, and quickly took a look at the result. "I love this pose," Minjeong said. "I'll send you these pictures right away," replied Jimin, and she immediately sent the pictures that had been taken to Minjeong.

 

“Thank you for the ring, babe!,” Jimin thanked her once again as she leaned forward to hug and kiss Minjeong. “No problem. So, starting from now on, you don’t have to worry about other girls trying to hit on me, okay? I will show them this ring, and tell them that I'm taken,” Minjeong said. “That’s very sweet of you!” Jimin replied while pinching on Minjeong’s cheek. “Ouch! That hurts!” Minjeong said with a frown. “Oops, sorry! Couldn’t help. You’re so cute, you know!” Jimin replied as she giggled. She then pecked her on the spot that she pinched earlier.

 

“Alright. I need to take a shower now. I don't want to be late like yesterday. Somi will nag me again later," said Minjeong while she pulled off the hug. “Okay. I will clean this table,” Jimin said. “Thanks, babe!,” Minjeong thanked her as she got up from her seat, and walked towards the bathroom.

 

______

 

At the restaurant

 

Minjeong is working as usual in the kitchen on her usual working days. While she was busy working, she suddenly got a phone call from someone.

 

"Hi, Minjeong! Sorry to disturb you at work," the caller said. "Oh, it’s okay," Minjeong replied. "I'm at your restaurant right now. I brought something for you, and I wanted to hand it to Somi, but she asked me to hand it to you myself," the caller said. “Really? Okay, I will come out right away,” Minjeong replied as she immediately stopped her work, and walked out of the kitchen.

 

Her eyes searched for a glimpse of the caller at each table, then she saw the caller wave her hand at her, and she immediately headed towards where the caller was sitting.

 

"Hi, Minjeong!," the person greeted her as she got up from her seat, and leaned forward to give her a friendly hug. "Hi, Chaeryeong!," Minjeong replied while returning the hug. “I brought this for you,” Chaeryeong said as she pulled off the hug, and took the paper bag that she put on the table. "Here," she handed the paper bag to Minjeong. Minjeong immediately looked at the content inside the paper bag. "Traditional doenjang?" Minjeong said in surprise. "Yes. I visited my grandmother a few days ago in Jeonju. She gave me this traditional doenjang to take home. Grandma told me that this doenjang was bought in Sunchang District," she said.

 

"Really? Wow! It's really hard to get this traditional doenjang in Seoul. I tried to find if there were any sellers online, but there wasn't one," Minjeong replied. "Thank you, Chaeryeong! I really appreciate this gift," she said as she thanked her. "No problem, Minjeong. But you still owe me one thing, right?" she replied. “Oh, yes! I’m sorry for not replying to your text message earlier. I was probably too tired last night, so I went to bed early,” Minjeong said as she apologized.

 

“It’s okay, Minjeong. I understand,” she replied. “So, are you free this weekend?” she asked. “I’m so sorry again, Chaeryeong. I have planned to go on vacation with my girlfriend this weekend. Maybe we can have a coffee together next time?” she replied as she apologized again. Chaeryeong looked a bit disappointed, but then she just let out a smile. “I see. Hmm.. such an unfortunate me!. But anyway, I will not be in Seoul for a month starting next week,” she said.

 

"Huh? Are you going anywhere?" Minjeong asked. "Yes. I'm going back to work for the flight from Seoul to Paris," she told her. "A flight from Seoul to Paris? You work as a flight attendant?" she asked.

 

“Yes, I worked as a flight attendant for almost five years,” she replied. “May I know which airline you work for?” Minjeong asked again. “Koreana Airlines,” she replied in short. “Koreana Airlines?” she said as her eyes widened in surprise. “You work at the same company as my girlfriend!" Minjeong said excitedly. "Really? What's your girlfriend's name?" Chaeryeong pretended to ask.

 

"Yu Jimin. Do you know her?" replied Minjeong. "Oh, Jimin unnie! Yes, I know her, but we're not that close. She's my senior colleague," Chaeryeong told her. "Really? Wow! What a small world!" Minjeong said with a chuckle. "Yeah, it's a small world, isn't it?" Chaeryeong replied while giving her fake smile. "Gosh! Out of so many girls out there, why did you choose her as your girlfriend?" she thought.

 

"Alright. I'm taking half the day off tomorrow. I need to buy some essentials to bring with me on vacation. Maybe we can go out for coffee together before then, how about that?" Minjeong said while giving a suggestion. “I love it!,” Chaeryeong immediately replied. “Yes! Finally, I get a chance to go out with her!” Chaeryeong thought. “Ah, I forgot to tell you. I will bring Jimin with me,” Minjeong suddenly said.

 

“What?!”

 

______

 

The next day

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter