Chapter 7

Paris in The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Aeri? Babe?,” Somi called Aeri as soon as she saw Minjeong suddenly rushing out of the restaurant without saying a word to her.

 

“Hey, babe? What’s up?,” Aeri replied as she answered the call.

 

"Minjeong left the restaurant a few minutes after I left the kitchen. She didn't say a word when I asked her. I'm worried something happened to her," Somi said with a worried tone.

 

"Huh? What happened before that?," Aeri asked.

 

"I asked her whether Jimin has contacted her or not, because it's been a week since she started working, and she was supposed to contact Minjeong during her layover three days ago," Somi told her.

 

"Yes, me too. Jimin usually will call me as soon as she arrives in Paris for her layover. But, until now she still hasn't. I also tried to call her, but the call went to the voicemail box," Aeri replied.

 

"Should I call NingNing to ask if she's back at her apartment?," Somi asked.

 

"I don't think it's necessary because NingNing is still at her workplace. We wait first in case Minjeong will return to the restaurant," Aeri said as a suggestion.

 

"Okay. I'll try to ask the kitchen crew if they saw what happened to Minjeong before she left. Okay, babe, sorry to interrupt your work time," Somi said.

 

"Alright, babe. Let me know if you get any information from them," Aeri replied. "Okay, bye!," Somi said as she ended the phone call. She then proceeded to the kitchen.

 

______

 

Minjeong finally arrived at the shopping mall which was located not far from the restaurant where she worked. She immediately looked for a phone shop to repair her damaged phone after falling in the kitchen earlier. The staff at the shop told her that the phone would take about an hour to be repaired. She then asked the staff for permission to use his phone to call someone.

 

"Hello? Somi?," Minjeong called her. "Minjeong! Where did you go? Are you okay?," Somi asked anxiously. "Calm down, Somi. I'm at a nearby mall. I'm sending my broken phone to the phone shop here for repair," Minjeong informed. "Thank Lord! I thought you ran away to another place without telling me," Somi replied. Minjeong just chuckled on her words.

 

"Sorry for making you worry because I’m in a hurry earlier. I'll go back to the restaurant after my phone is fixed. It will take an hour," Minjeong told her.

 

"It's okay, Minjeong. I have already asked Taeyong to take your place. You can go back and rest at home for today, okay?," Somi said. "I’m fine, Somi. I'll go back to work after everything is done. Well, I can't talk for long. I borrowed the staff phone at this shop," Minjeong told her. "Okay, see you later," Somi replied.

 

After returning the phone to the staff, Minjeong continued to walk towards a coffee shop in the mall. After she made an order for a cup of black coffee, she chose to sit at the table facing the glass wall of the coffee shop. She then let out a heavy sigh, looking at the scenery outside.

 

"Should I trust Jimin? I'm not sure if she sent me that picture on purpose," she thought. While she was deep in thought, suddenly the waiter came to her table, and delivered the drinks she had ordered earlier. After thanking the waiter, she began sipping her black coffee while looking again at the scenery outside.

 

"Why do I have such a strong feeling that it wasn't Jimin's doing? She wouldn't do something that would break my heart, right?," she thought again. She ruffled her hair, and sighed for the umpteenth time thinking about what had happened to Jimin and Yeji.

 

An hour later she returned to the phone shop to pick up her repaired phone. As soon as her phone , there were dozens of missed calls, and even sent text messages, almost all of them from Jimin, and the rest from Somi, Aeri and.. "Huh? NingNing? Why is she calling me?," she said. She immediately called NingNing.

 

"Hello, unnie? Where are you? What happened to you, unnie? Are you okay?," Question after question came out of NingNing's mouth with a worried tone. "Calm down, NingNing. I'm fine. I was at the phone shop earlier. My phone has broken, so I came here to send it to be repaired," Minjeong answered at length.

 

"Thank God! I thought you had disappeared, and gone somewhere," NingNing said with a relieved tone. "Why do you think I would do that? I only went out for a moment due to an emergency, but everyone was looking for me. Maybe I was wrong too for not telling Somi first," Minjeong said.

 

"Because everyone loves you, and cares about you, unnie, " NingNing said, and her words made Minjeong immediately smile. "Jimin unnie has called me many times asking about you," NingNing told her.

 

"Yeah, I know. I'll call her later. Well, I don't want to disturb you while you're at work. I'll see you at home, okay? Bye!," Minjeong said. "Bye, unnie! Take care!," NingNing replied, and Minjeong ended the phone call.

 

She then decided not to contact Jimin for now. She needs time to calm down first before taking any action that might cause her to feel regret later. She then left the mall, and returned to the restaurant to resume her work.

 

______

 

“Minjeong, baby, call me back, please?,” Jimin left her voice message for the umpteenth time while crying. Ryujin on the other hand didn’t know what to do to soothe her colleague. She was still hugging Jimin who was crying non-stop since they got back to their hotel room.

 

"Jimin unnie, calm down, please. I'm sure Minjeong will return your calls, but I don’t think at this moment, unnie. Please give her some time," Ryujin said to soothe her.

 

"How can I keep calm, Ryujin? Of course she thinks I'm cheating on her, and playing with her feelings. I can't lose her, Ryujin. I can’t live without her. I love her so much," Jimin said while sobbing.

 

"How could it happen, unnie? As I recall, Yeji unnie only met you at the coffee shop in this hotel. How could you be in her hotel room?," Ryujin asked curiously. Jimin then began to tell Ryujin what had happened on that day.


 

~ Flashback ~

 

As soon as all the flight crew checked in at the airport in Paris, they were informed by their captain that the layover this week would be for four days. Jimin and Ryujin as usual chose to stay in the same room at the hotel, and they proceeded to take the vehicle provided by their airline to their layover hotel.

 

When she reached the hotel room, Jimin immediately took out the phone from her handbag to call her beloved girlfriend, but suddenly she got a call from someone. She looked at her phone screen, and the name of the caller whom she knew very well was on the screen.

 

"Hello, my love! You just arrived in Paris?," the person asked. "How did you know I was in Paris?," Jimin asked back.

 

"Huh? Why did you say that? Aren't you the one who told me earlier that you wanted to see me when you were in Paris. Of course I knew, didn't I?," the person told her.

 

"Oh, sorry, I forgot," she apologized. "It's okay, babe. Get some rest first. I'll call you back later tonight, okay?," the person replied. "Hmm.. okay," Jimin said, and the person then ended the phone call.

 

"Urghh!!," Jimin grunted, and immediately collapsed on the bed. Ryujin who had just come out of the bathroom kept looking at Jimin who looked a little gloomy.

 

"Are you okay, unnie? Who called you earlier?," Ryujin asked.

 

"Hmm.. who else, Ryujin," Jimin replied. "It can't be Minjeong, right? If it's not Minjeong, it must be, err.. Yeji unnie?," she said, guessing. "It's Yeji," Jimin replied.

 

"She called to meet you?" Ryujin asked. "Yes, I promised to meet her. I want to settle everything with her, Ryujin," Jimin replied. "That's fine then, unnie. I hope it goes well," Ryujin said.

 

"Thanks, Ryujin. I want to take a nap first. If you want to go out for dinner later, wake me up, okay?," Jimin told her. "Okay, unnie. I think I will join you later. I'm sleepy too," Ryujin said, causing Jimin to chuckle. "Alright, just set an alarm for 7.00 p.m. ," Jimin replied. "Okay, unnie," Ryujin said as she immediately set the alarm on her phone.

 

Later on that night

 

Jimin and Ryujin plan to have dinner at a restaurant located near their hotel. While they were enjoying dinner, suddenly Jimin's phone rang, and she immediately took out her phone which was in her handbag. She looked at the phone screen, and sighed when she found that the caller was Yeji.

 

“Hello?,” Jimin answered nonchalantly.

 

"Why do you sound disinterested? Am I bothering you?" Yeji asked. "I'm having dinner right now, Yeji," Jimin replied. "Oh, sorry. I thought you were still in the hotel room. Who did you have dinner with?," Yeji asked again. "With Ryujin," Jimin answered. "Oh, Ryujin! Please say hello to her. Alright, I'll call you back after you are done with your dinner. Bye!," Yeji said and ended the phone call.

 

"Yeji unnie called again?," Ryujin asked. "Yes, and she says hello to you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter