008

(BxB) You're the best choice
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Them and their end[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]“My mom did what?!” Seungcheol said in disbelief. Jihoon was looking down, he ended up telling Seungcheol everything after the Alpha kept pestering him.

“I didn’t take the money…” Jihoon said softly. Seungcheol exhaled and put his palms on Jihoon’s cheeks, carefully leading the Beta to look at him.

“I know, I trust you. But that beside the point. I can’t believe my parents… I’m sorry. You didn’t hide any other words she said to you, right? I’m sorry that she hurts you verbally.” Seungcheol said in full concern. Jihoon shook his head a bit.

“It’s fine. It’s not your fault, don’t say sorry.” Jihoon said. Seungcheol sighed heavily before talked again.

“He promised he won’t do anything to you if I go and see him. Tch, I’m a dumb as well. I forgot about mom.” Seungcheol huffed. He stared at Jihoon. “Do you really want to let me go?”

Jihoon bit his lips. “What right I have to go against your mother? Both of your parents? They didn’t like me for you.” Jihoon said.

Seungcheol exhaled and put their forehead together. Jihoon closed his eyes and so do Seungcheol, just to feel each other presence real close. The semi-cold air from the car’s air-conditioner breeze through their face. The pit-patter of rain against the car surface became the lullaby in the background. They took few minutes in each other comfort in this closeness.

“I said to you before, Jihoon. I will be strong for both of us. I’m willing to fight for you, for us if you give me a chance. It includes my family.”

“But…”

“I do not care about my status in the family. Growing up in such strict family, I have long ago wanted to break free from them but I didn’t do it because I love my parents. But if they’re the one who pushed me to the edge, taking me away from my choice that is you, I’m more than willing to leave the Choi. I had enough.” Seungcheol explained. Jihoon moved back a bit and stared at Seungcheol who opened his eyes to look at his mate. “I never really want something so bad. I want a life with you, Jihoon ah.” Jihoon blinked as he watched Seungcheol’s face, fascinated by the sincerity.

Seungcheol thumbed the lower lips of Jihoon. Jihoon blinked, his eyes still on Seungcheol. “You’re beautiful, as always.”

“I’m a male.”

“Beautiful doesn’t care about gender.”

Jihoon sighed. “Why we’re arguing about this again?” Seungcheol chuckled lightly.

“That night and up to this day, I never met someone as captivated as you, Jihoon. Call me crazy, but I’m falling for you each and every second by just watching you.”

Jihoon’s cheeks felt a bit hot. “Shut up.” Seungcheol just grinned. “Seungcheol ssi.”

“Yes?”

“I’m afraid. About us, it’s not really only both of us. Your parents. And then I… my parents haven’t known. About my mark.”

“You hid it?”

Jihoon nodded. “I don’t know how to tell them and about you, I-”

“Jihoon. Will you answer me this time? Will you accept me? Do you give me a chance? Are you willing to be my mate and I’m yours?”

Jihoon looked up to Seungcheol’s eyes. He didn’t know what he tried to find but he could see the same love and determination in the Alpha’s eyes as he had seen all this while. Jihoon took a breath.

“I don’t know how… but the thought of letting you go pained me. Earlier, I can’t… so I-” Jihoon bit his lips. “Yes.”

“Huh?”

“I answer, yes.” Jihoon looked down shyly. Seungcheol blinked few times before palming Jihoon’s cheeks again to look at his face.

“This is real, right? You’re accepting me.”

Jihoon exhaled. “Yes, mate.” Jihoon said softly. Seungcheol’s lips curved up and his eyes lit up. The Alpha excitedly smooched Jihoon all over his face while the Beta tried to push the other away. “Hey, st- stop.”

“Thank you, baby. Thank you.” Seungcheol said giggly as he pulled away. He stared at Jihoon who blushed even more. “Cute.”

“Shut up.” Seungcheol just smiled at the harmless retaliation. He pulled Jihoon into a hug. Jihoon stiffened at the first moment before melted into the warmth of his mate right away. He hugged Seungcheol closer.

“I’m going to do things and I hope you’re okay with it, just trust me. But before that, should I go meet your parents first?” Seungcheol asked as he released the hug. Jihoon gulped.

“Um. I… think so.” Jihoon said.

“Are they home now?” Seungcheol said while glancing at the clock on the dashboard.

“They may already come back from work but you want to meet them tonight?” Jihoon frowned.

Seungcheol looked at Jihoon. “From what you told me, my mom gives you till today right? We have to move faster. I have stated my stand to my father yesterday, I’m sure he’s waiting for the result from my mom’s talk with you. So, we should get the truth to your parents as soon as possible.” Seungcheol held Jihoon’s shoulder. “Don’t worry. I will make sure everything is fine, for your parents and for us.”

Jihoon nodded lightly. “I can’t be sure if they already home or not because they usually work till late…”

“I will send you home and let’s see what we could do from there.” Jihoon nodded. Seungcheol started his car engine. He looked around trying to see if any of his father’s men were around or not. “Hm, I’m afraid if my father’s men tailednus. Let’s stop by my friend’s place for a while and we will go from there.”

Jihoon just nodded. Seungcheol reached to hold his hand. “Trust me.” Jihoon nodded and interlocked their fingers. Seungcheol smiled to him.

 

 

When they arrived at Jihoon’s house, there’s no one at home. But not long after Jihoon welcomed Seungcheol inside, the gate opened again and both of his parents arrived. Seemed like Jihoon’s father stopped by at Jihoon’s mother’s workplace to eat dinner, sometimes the father did that and tonight is one of those days.

“Jihoon? You bring friend over?” Mrs Lee asked when she saw additional shoes at the door. Jihoon had come to welcome his parents at the door while Seungcheol waited at the living room.

“Ah, yes. Um, I want to talk with you two about something…” Jihoon said unsure looking down. His parents looked at each other and then back to their sons.

“Seems important. Sure, let’s get inside.” Mr Lee said. Mrs Lee nodded as she put her hands on Jihoon’s shoulder, softly pushing him to walk inside. The family of three walked into the living room. Seungcheol who noticed their presence got up and gave a little bow.

“Good evening, sir, ma’am. Sorry for interrupting at this late hour but it’s kind of urgent.” Seungcheol said. Mrs Lee looked at Seungcheol and awkwardly nodded while Mr Lee stared at the young man. He felt familiar but cannot recall who is this guy in front of him.

Jihoon noticed the silent quickly turned to his parents. “Mom, dad. Sit down first. I will explain.” Jihoon said. The couple nodded and sat down. Jihoon walked towards the seat beside Seungcheol. Seungcheol gave a nod to Jihoon who looked at him with wordless question.

“So, what is it?” Mrs Lee asked when they’re all seated. Jihoon took a breath and pulled out a wet tissue rubbing on the side of his neck. His parents watched the movement and it’s his father saw it first.

“Son? A mate mark?” Mr Lee questioned. Jihoon gulped and nodded.

“I’m sorry I hid it and didn’t tell you earlier but there are some problems and…” Jihoon was about to say but Seungcheol placed his hand on Jihoon’s making the younger guy stopped and turned to him. Seungcheol smiled a bit before turning to Jihoon’s parents.

“It’s all because of me. The mark, even though I’m sincere about it, isn’t consented by Jihoon.”

“You force him?” Mr Lee asked a bit angry.

“I was under influence when that happen but I do want him as my mate. It’s just I did it in a wrong way. Because of that, Jihoon hid the mark from you both. I’m sorry for causing him to hide something like that.”

“Wait. That’s one thing. We haven’t known who are you yet. You haven’t introduced yourself.” Mrs Lee pointed out. Seungcheol blinked.

“Oh. I’m sorry. I- My name is Seungcheol, 31 years old. Currently a freelancer but owned a house and co-owned some business.” Seungcheol introduced himself in short, purposely taking out the fact which family he belonged.

The parents looked at each other before turning back to Seungcheol and their sons. “You’re a bit older than our sons. An alpha?”

Seungcheol nodded. “If my secondary gender matter to you, I-”

“No, we never care about it. We’re cool about whatever relationship our son will have, the only thing we concern is his happiness.” Mr Lee said a bit calmer. He turned to Jihoon. “Regarding the unconsented marking, did you solve the issue between you two?”

Jihoon nodded. “I- I’m accepting him as my mate. He… really shows his care in these few days so I-”

“Will you tell us what happen?” Mrs Lee cut off her son. Jihoon nodded and retold part of that night, of all things he remembered minus the inappropriate part. Seungcheol also filled in some part where he saw necessary. They even talked about the weeks where Seungcheol tried to persuade Jihoon and Jihoon’s fear about their relationship regarding the gender. But both of them hadn’t go to the main point. Seungcheol’s family and status.

“Oh, boy. You should have told us, my poor son.” Mrs Lee said as she got up to hug Jihoon. She felt bad for not n

Please log in to read the full chapter