007

(BxB) You're the best choice
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Him and his answer[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Jihoon was making a drink when he heard his name was mentioned. He glanced over and saw a lady with a guy in black suit behind her talked to his co-worker who attended to take orders. “I’m here to see Jihoon.”

“Ma’am, I’m sorry but I don’t know your intention so I have to refuse. If you’re not buying drinks, kindly leave the line so the others could order.” Jihoon’s co-worker replied to her politely. The lady shook her head.

“Bring me Jihoon, I want to see him.” Jihoon frowned as he heard his name again. He finished up the drink he’s making and made his way out to the counter. Usually, he would be at the back doing the drinks and placed it at pick-up window so the worker at the counter will take it to the customer.

“Youn, it’s fine. I will take it from here. Bring this drink to table 4.” Jihoon said to the guy. The guy, Youn nodded and took the drink. Jihoon turned to the lady. “Hello, ma’am. What kind of drinks you want?” Jihoon noticed the lady was looking him up and down. He’s sure he didn’t know the lady but he thought he maybe had seen her before because she’s familiar to him.

“You’re Jihoon.” The lady said like a statement. Jihoon didn’t reply but he looked over the lady. There are few people behind waiting to order. Jihoon exhaled.

“I don’t know you, ma’am.”

“Wow. What an attitude. Come out, I want to talk with you.”

Jihoon’s eyes twitched slightly. “I don’t know you, ma’am. I think you find a wrong per-”

“Lee Jihoon, a Beta. And you have a mate mark, right? From a Male Alpha. Don’t challenge me, Jihoon. You would never want to cross me. I want to talk with you, come on.” The lady said in firm tone and gave a look to Jihoon. Little did that Jihoon knew the lady was trying to use her ability as an Omega invoking sympathy instincts. Some of people started to react and instead of angry at the lady for taking long time in the line, they started to give look at Jihoon who didn’t follow her request.

Jihoon startled when he got stared like that by others. With his quick wit, Jihoon decided to concede with her request. He walked out from the counter and signalled the guy earlier to take over the counter again. Jihoon gestured the lady to an empty seat at the very corner away from the other seats. The guy behind the lady followed them too.

As soon as the lady sat down, she stared at Jihoon. She felt something was off with this guy but didn’t really pry on it. “Sit.”

Jihoon nodded and sat in front of her. He didn’t look like he’s scared or something, a fighter huh, the lady muttered in her heart. “How much do you want?”

“Pardon?”

“Do you really not know me?” The lady questioned when Jihoon looked confuse. Jihoon blinked and nodded.

“I’m sorry, ma’am. You look familiar but I-”

“You’re really rude. I’m Luna Choi, Kim Soojin.” The lady, Mrs Choi introduced herself. Jihoon took a second to remember that name and then gasped lightly. Mrs Choi smirked at that reaction. “You’re genuinely surprised.”

“I- I’m sorry for not recognizing you, ma’am.” Jihoon said. No wonder he thought she’s familiar, he had seen her during the birthday party. He stayed silent as he recalled her words’ earlier. “But-”

“I’m asking you how much you want so that you would leave my son.”

Jihoon frowned. “But ma’am, your son-”

“Will 10 million be enough for you?” Mrs Choi cut him off. The guy, her bodyguard pulled out a book and pen from his suit pocket and politely gave it to the lady. Mrs Choi brought it towards the table and Jihoon noticed it’s a chequebook.

“Ma’am. I won’t take any money from you.” Jihoon said quickly. Mrs Choi raised her brow at Jihoon.

“Oh, so you’re saying you’re not leaving my son for money?”

“I think you’re misunderstanding here, ma’am. Your son and I, are not together. He’s the one who chased me, I’m not the one who should leave?”

“You reject my son as your mate?” Mrs Choi’s brow knotted in one line.

“I- I don’t.” Jihoon stuttered. Mrs Choi scoffed.

“Then, reject him and leave. I will pay a huge amount for the damage he had cause to your entire life. Free him, he can find another mate. I’m aware you didn’t mark him.” Mrs Choi said sharply.

Jihoon blinked feeling slapped by the fact said by another person. He’s the one in total loss here. He won’t be able to have another mate if he rejected Seungcheol but not Seungcheol. Seungcheol would be free and still able to find another one later. The way this lady putting that she’s paying him for his son’s freedom, Jihoon felt humiliated as his pride and worth being crushed.

“I-”

“Don’t ever dream that our family will accept you. We want our son to marry and have a child. The pure Choi bloodline needs to be continued.” Mrs Choi said. She wrote something on the cheque and signed it. She teared it out from the book and pushed it to Jihoon’s side. “Tell me if this is not enough. I will give whatever amount you want.” Mrs Choi added. Jihoon’s mind was restless, he’s kind of stunned with all her sharp words. He felt hurt because that’s one of his fears as well, being treated poorly by the family. He’s aware how high the Choi’s status is. He felt weak.

“I- can I meet him?”

Mrs Choi frowned. “What?”

“Please just let me meet him for a day. I will reject him after that, I will make him understand and leave me. Is that enough for you?” Jihoon said, he didn’t know what he was thinking but there’s tiny part of him wanted to see and spent some time with Seungcheol before he broke his bond to Seungcheol.

Mrs Choi huffed. “Fine. I will let you have a day with him tomorrow. Reject him at the end of the day and then leave, never see him again. You will receive a consequence if you didn’t do your part. I know your parents’ workplace.”

“I will do as you said, ma’am. Thanks for giving me a day.” Jihoon bowed a bit. Mrs Choi hummed.

“I will arrange you to move to another town. Don’t worry, everything will be taken care by me. You only need to reject him and leave.” She said as she stood up. “Let’s never meet again. My people will be in contact with you for all the arrangement. If you want to ask for more money, you can do it through them.” Mrs Choi glanced at her bodyguard. The bodyguard pulled out a name card and placed it on top of the cheque in front of Jihoon.

Jihoon just nodded stiffly as he stared at the items in front of him. Mrs Choi ignored him and proceeded to leave with her bodyguard. The bell chimed indicating the sudden intruder already left. Jihoon was still seated slightly numb to his surroundings. His eyes were staring at the figure written on the cheque. 20 million won. He chuckled to himself, painfully as his eyes turned watery.

‘Is this how much my bond worth?’ Jihoon chuckled darkly and shook his head after that.

He took a breath to control his tears and wipe it entirely with his sleeve. He took the cheque and stared at it blankly. A moment later, he ripped it into pieces. He got up taking the name card with him as well before throwing the ripped cheque and the name card into the trash bin.

“I won’t take any money from you. I’m not like others.” Jihoon muttered to himself. He gathered himself again and went back to work. He pushed the matter at the back of his mind. A day with Seungcheol before rejecting him, he needed to think about this.

 

 

Jihoon wasn’t able to ponder long about what he wanted to do tomorrow when he noticed Seungcheol waited outside the café he worked after his shift done. He didn’t know that Seungcheol was already around the café since few hours ago though, but not during Mrs Choi’s visit as the Alpha was on his way to meet the father.

“You waited?” Jihoon asked when he stopped beside Seungcheol. Seungcheol turned and smiled.

“Yeah. I have things to do around here but purely wait for you, about an hour or more.” Seungcheol lied a bit. Jihoon exhaled and just hummed as an acknowledgement. Seungcheol looked at the other. “Tired?”

“A bit. I want to go home.”

“I will accompany you?” Seungcheol said unsure. Jihoon shrugged and walked first. He didn’t bring his bike today as this morning the tyre was flat. Seungcheol smiled and walked with him.

“What you’re doing?”

“Huh?” Seungcheol confused with the sudden question.

“I mean, your exact job. I see you have so much free time.” Jihoon elaborated. Seungcheol formed an O and chuckled.

“A director in one of the clan’s companies. Currently, my best friend aka assistant helped me. I’m on my long break.” Seungcheol said lightly. “I’m bored with the work already; I have a plan to start my own business and then resigned.”

“Hm? What kind of business?”

“Food maybe? Like starting a café or starting a food franchise like bakery or so.” Seungcheol said. He turned to Jihoon. “You’re taking business management, right? Have any insight?” Jihoon blinked.

“You’r

Please log in to read the full chapter