Pressure

Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The soccer player woke up in another nightmare.

Several rumors about her were spread on social media and the fuss reached several of her sponsors, who gave in and broke contracts.

Journalists camped in front of her building and chased her everywhere she had to go.

Despite all those horrible things, the red-haired one didn't allow herself to fall.

The handsome woman called the president of the team she was part of and directly asked him if they would keep working together.

Laughing, the old man guaranteed that he wasn't dumb to lose easy money. And since she was his gold mine, things would remain the same if depended on him.

After calming down, the athlete sent Yongsun a message warning her that she would find a way to visit her office without being noticed by the press.

The older one was too busy with her own issues. So the message was not read.

Two hours later, the attractive girl was dressed as one of the maintenance staff members and knocked on the editor's door.

The middle-aged man looked at the employee with an upset expression and declared:

__ Whatever you gotta do, it's not a good time. Come back after I'm gone.

__ It's me. Byul-YI. May I speak to you for a minute?

__ Oh my God! I didn't recognize you. How did you get this uniform?

__ Paying someone, obviously. 

__ Okay, come inside. I don't see how I can help you though. My hands are tied. Someone very powerful bought the newspaper and is shutting the business down. First, they tried to keep Yongsun silent. She was being harassed under the shadows. Seeing that neither she nor I would stop talking about your case, they used desperate measures.

__ I thought you owned this place.

__ Not really. I was just one employee with some power.

After the man offered her a seat, the red-haired one exchanged a look with him.

__ I came because I wanted to speak to Yong and I would ask you to bring her to your room. But now that you told me all this, I guess we gotta do something. And has got to be extreme.

__ There is nothing to be done. I'm currently unemployed. Just finishing some obligations and getting ready to retire.__ The man exhaled.

__ Does Yongsun know about the newspaper?__ Byul-YI asked with concern.

__ Yes. To be honest, we weren't caught by surprise. After all the threats we both received for days, that was pretty obvious.

__ So basically...It's all my fault.__ The soccer player slammed the desk.

__ That's not true. I forced her to write about you and I don't blame myself. Why would I blame you?__ The editor laughed.

Still tense, the younger woman stood up and walked through the window.

__ I have a plan. But first, I gotta call my lawyer. Would you lend me your office for ten minutes?

__ It's not mine anymore. But of course, I do. Let me grab some coffee.

__ x __ 

Yongsun had been asked to drop by the editor's office and she was taken aback the moment she saw the athlete sitting there.

__ What is this all about? I'm very busy emptying my drawers.

_

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter