Is that a punishment?

Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dazzling brunette looked at her boss with a look of disbelief.

Kim Yongsun was a prestigious and award-winning journalist in her 7th year of career.

The 32-year-old female had interviewed Chiefs of State, several politicians in general, and powerful people from different areas and she considered her boss' request extremely downgrading.

__ Do you remember who we are? This is not a cheap tabloid.__ She exclaimed after a while.

__ Of course it isn't. But this is a strong material. A scandal that is affecting many people. It's major news. Everyone is talking about Moonbyul and the doping scandal.

__ So? One more athlete breaking the rules and paying the price. What is there to discuss?

__ You know nothing about this girl and her importance in the female league and it shows. 

__ I have a life. And watching soccer is not a priority.

__ Well, this should change if you want to keep your position.

__ Are you threatening to fire me if I don't do the interview?__ Yongsun lifted her eyebrow.

__ It's not a threat. I'm just being honest. We need this interview. On the other hand, I don't need a collaborator who doesn't want to collaborate with me. __ The middle-aged man declared seriously.

__ Is that a punishment? I know you haven't overcome the issue with the President yet.

Sighing deeply, the editor rubbed his face and murmured:

__ It's not easy managing this place, Kim. And it's quite hard dealing with your strong personality. Despite all that, I'm proud of your achievement and hard work. So in conclusion...I'm not trying to punish you. Here is Moonbyul's phone number. Do your best.

Getting a piece of paper handed by the older guy, the journalist marched out of his office and threw herself on her chair behind her desk.

Extremely moody, the brunette saved that number and tried to contact Ms. "problematic' for hours. However, nobody answered the call until late that day.

A female finally did and asked what was the purpose of the call, to which Yongsun responded promptly despite the annoyance.

The girl asked the journalist to wait for a couple of minutes and then told her that Ms. Moon thanked her for her interest but politely declined it.

Frustrated, the brunette made long research on the soccer player and found a lot of information regarding her achievements.

" It's actually impressive! And kinda disappointing how someone at this level could throw all out."__ The 32-year-old considered.

After the first rejection, Yongsun tried to contact the player's manager and even one of her biggest sponsors. Nonetheless, things were still not working for her.

A couple of days later, the journalist's phone vibrated and she picked it up while eating a salad and didn't pay attention to the number.

__ Hello. Is this Yongsun SSI?__ A y and deep voice echoed in her ear.

__ Yes. That's me. Who am I talking to?

__ I'm Byul-YI. You've been looking for me.

The woman's brain stopped functioning for a second. And then she questioned:

__ Byul-YI as in Moonbyul?

__ Yeah. The one and only.__ The younger one sounded cocky and lively.

__ I'm glad we are finally talking. I was a bit disappointed that you rejected me through an employee.

Laughing, the soccer player commented:

__ A woman of your reputation doesn't seem the type who would want to speak to me.

__ Why not? I'm a journalist and you are one of the most relevant athletes in the country.

__ World. __ Moonbyul teased.

__ Ernm...Sure.__ Yongsun contained her irritation.

__ I'm just kidding, Yongsun SSI. But I've checked your background. You don't interview people from my segment.

__ It's never late to try new topics.

Sighing deeply, the athlete replied:

__ I don't have good memories with the press. And now it's not a good time to get more stress.

__ My intention is to give you a voice, though. You would have the chance to tell your side of the whole story.

__ Hmmm...How does your boss feel about that?

__ He just wants me to cover th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter