Adjustments

Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Pack some warm clothes for the weekend. And keep your passport at hand."__ The famous soccer player texted the journalist a few days later.

The gorgeous woman looked at the screen of her phone with a puzzled expression.

" What does this crazy girl have in mind? Does she think nobody has a proper job with fixed schedules?"__ Yongsun mumbled while sipping her espresso.

__ Yongsun-ah, keep your eyes and ears fully open. Try to extract all the information you can.__ The editor-chief entered her office without knocking.

__ What the hell are you talking about?__ The attractive woman frowned her forehead.

 __ Moonstar just called me. She said she is starting a series of very personal interviews with you. But she needs to receive you in her summer house in Spain. Apparently, her doctor recommended some special treatment at a warm place.__ The older man commented with excitement.

__ I'm not leaving the country. My life doesn't spin around this person.

__ What about your career? Isn't it your priority?

__ You keep threatening me and I am reaching my limit.

__ I'm not. I am asking. Most people in your place would be thrilled to try something new. And this is big. It might be one of the biggest scandals in the history of our sport.__ The boss' eyes shone.

Shaking her head, the stunning woman mumbled:

__I don't even recognize you anymore. So disgusting!

Getting moody, the man said:

__ Alright. Don't go. I'll ask someone else.

__ Great. Now let me go back to my routine.__ The journalist responded and started checking her emails.

Despite being upset, the boss left the room immediately.

Yongsun spent the following hours studying a politician and some files related to a corruption scandal. So she didn't notice that her phone vibrated a couple of times.

When she finally felt some discomfort in her neck and , the brunette stood up and did some stretching.

The phone buzzed over the desk and the gorgeous woman grabbed it immediately.

Seeing the soccer player's number on the screen, Yongsun answered the call with some hesitation.

__ Hey there. 

Taking a deep breath, the younger woman spoke seriously:

__ After chasing me forever until I said yes, you simply dump me.  Am I a joke to you, Yongsun SSI?

Taken aback, the journalist tried to reason:

__ Please, Byul-YI. Don't take it the wrong way. I didn't count on an international journey. I'm extremely busy right now.

__ I was wrong about you. I thought you were a professional. People shouldn't bite more than they can chew.__ The deep voice sounded cold and angry.

__ You're absolutely right. My apologies. But I'm sure our editor-chief will send you someone as skilled as I am.

__ Your editor-chief may shove his skilled employees in his .

__ Come on, Byul-YI. No need to overreact. You are still gonna have your documentary, series, or whatever you prefer.

__ No thanks. I trusted YOU. Well, this is my own fault. I said I don't like the press and all. Still don't know why I thought you might be different. Have a nice life, Yongsun SSI. I wish you lots of extra awards and fame. Enjoy your sophisticated cases.__ Moonbyul sounded really hurt and she ended the call before the older one could answer.

"Oh ! Why is she so dramatic? It's not like she wouldn't be heard."__ The journalist thought and tried to focus again.

Failing miserably, Yongsun walked to the main office and told her boss:

__ Alright. I'll do it. I'll go to Spain.

__ That would be nice. But Ms. Moon told me to go myself. I don't think she wants us anymore. __ The older man faked a smile.

__ Since it's my fault, I'll handl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter