Someday Soon

The Happy Couple House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: Night routine.




 

Karina


 

This is my favorite part of the day.

 

Ever since.

 

After I washed up, I excitedly bounced to the bed, immediately hugging a pillow.

 

I closed my eyes for a while.

 

I almost moaned at the feel of the soft pillow on my cheek, which smelled so much like my wife because this is hers.

 

 

I just felt so comfortable right now plus I was wearing my favorite silk sleepwear which doubled my comfort.

 

Rest, finally… after another hard day of work.

 

Just the thought of having an evening of relaxation with… at ayan na nga siya.

 

I looked up when the door opened and I couldn’t help but smile.

 

When Winter emerged from the bathroom, I pouted like a kid and put both of my hands up to reach for her.

 

She looked tired and sleepy but still had this soft pretty smile on her face as she slowly walked to me.

 

She was just wearing an oversized shirt and undies.

 

Winter eased into my embrace on top of me at niyakap ko na siya nang mahigpit.

 

At the feel of her body on mine, I felt all of my tiredness washed away.

 

I missed her after a long day.

 

"Mhmm." Winter hummed, I could feel her lips on my neck.

 

We stayed hugging like this for a few minutes.

 

It was actually dangerous, with how comfortable it was… we could fall asleep any second.

 

I wrapped both of my legs around her waist.

 

Winter started giggling.

 

She would always tease me that I'm on tarsier mode again when I do that position.

 

I pressed my lips on her cheek. “Sleep na ba?”

 

Umangat si Winter ng kaunti on my body and stared at me. “Kaya pa ng… isang episode at tatlong chapter.”

 

I raised an eyebrow and poked her nose. “Sure? Tutulugan mo ko eh…”

 

Winter neared her face to mine at pinandilatan ako ng mata. “Hindi, babe. Mukha bang inaantok ‘toh? Dilat na dilat nga oh. Tingnan mo.”

 

Mas lalo pa niyang nilapit yung mukha niya sa akin while making those big eyes and I chuckled out loud.

 

Always so silly.

 

I cupped her cheeks with both of my hands, bringing her lips to mine. “If you’re sure.”

 

Winter moved off on top of me and properly laid by my side, her arms wrapping around my waist.

 

Inabot ko from the bedside table yung remote for the TV inside our bedroom.

 

We picked up where we left off sa series na pinapanood namin pareho.

 

This was our… you can say, “cuddle time” before bed.

 

Usually we would watch something, a series most of the time, and after that Winter would insist on reading a book with me.

 

After finishing one episode of the series as promised for the night, we proceeded to pick up naman where we left off dun sa book na binabasa namin currently.

 

We’re currently reading, “The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy”.

 

Tahimik lang naman kaming dalawa as we both read on the pages, waiting for the other to finish before we turn to the next page.

 

On some nights, I would read it out loud for both of us.

 

This time, we were just quiet, letting the words flow on our mind.

 

We knew we were both tired at nagpapaantok na lang din.

 

Sinulyapan ko si Winter habang nagbabasa, checking if she dozed off already.

 

Nope.

 

She looked more invested in the book.

 

“Sest, tapos ka na?” She nudged me.

 

I took my eyes away from her and pointed at one part of the book where I’m reading.

 

The book has some short paragraphs and pictures lang naman kaya mabilis ang pag-scan namin through the pages.

 

Nung may tinuro si Winter dun sa isang picture, I noticed something.

 

Kinuha ko yung kamay niya and inspected it.

 

There’s a new wound.

 

“Na-ano ‘to?” I asked, searching her face.

 

“Ah… nung ginagawa ko yung display rack. Nagasgas dun sa wood.” She answered, also regarding her wound as if she’d seen it for the first time, and proceeded to flip the page on our book as if it was just nothing.

 

I was very particular about little things like this when it comes to her.

 

She could be clumsy and I always worry about her well-being.

 

I gave her a pointed look. Hinimas himas ko yung kamay niya and brought it briefly to my lips. I intertwined our fingers, feeling her calluses, and reminded her again to take care of herself when I’m not around. “Ingat sa work hon, please.”

 

Winter grinned goofily at me. Umusod siya ng kaunti para abutin ang mukha ko at halikan sa corner ng mouth. “Yes, ma’am.”

 

I think when it comes to work, Winter is busier than me.

 

She just makes it look like she's not doing a lot of things.

 

Siya lang talaga yung taong nakita kong sobrang chill kahit ang dami niyang ginagawa, she does it all with ease.

 

We own a furniture shop, Happy Couple House, which Winter manages and basically runs on her own together with a few staff. I check in and help from time to time but I was also busy with my own job.

 

We sell pieces of furniture from a supplier as well as her own crafts.

 

She also accepts clients na nagpapagawa ng mga customized stuff and furniture.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter