Human

ZELO, My little Robot.

 

Yeah, I hope you do so, if you don't I have to kick you out, my dear Zelo.

 


 

We went to bed early that day. I am laying into my bed thinking of it. Maybe I am just too stupid. But since now he hasn't done something bad. Aigoo, jinja... I don't want to think about anymore. I close my eyes and turn around. Is he even sleeping? Is the couch soft enought? Isn't he hungry?... Aaii stop it, Yoremin!~He's totally fine, he would had complained if he would be unhappy, wouldn't he? Zelo..., you would. 

 

Next morning I stand up and rubb my eyes. Yeah, he's not into my room. He really did what I've told him. My feets are walking down the stairs and I believe I am still sleeping. So tired~. 

''Good morning, Zelo'', I say and sit down in front of the sofa. He looks like an angel when he's asleep. My fingers are his ramyun hair. Maybe I have been to strict with him. hum..., I've never seen a robot sleeping. He must be a really new one, in case he looks like a human. 

''Zelo, time to wake up'', I say and start to push him a bit. He doesn't move and I stop. No, not again!~ Ah, no he's still breathing and I can hear the dump beat of his heart. 

''Zelo~.'' I push him again and he moves a bit. Should I kiss his forehead like my mum used to do? I bend over and my lips are touching his forehead. At the same moment he opens his eyes. 

''What are you doing?'', Ouu!~NO!

''Nothing, .... I just.... nothing'', I aswer quickly and jump back. And now I am blushing. 

''D-Do...-'', I'ts ok, Yoremin '', do you like to eat soemthing?''

He looks up.

''W-what's ea-.''

''It's essential for us humans'', I interrupt him.

He scratches his head. 

''Are you hungry?''

''No?''

I breathe out. 

''Zelo, I don't know if you can eat. Or maybe it will destroy you. I mean..., I don't even know if you're waterproof or not.'', I aswer and walk into the kitchen. 

''Should we find out?'', he asks with a voice like a melody. I turn around and find myself standing right in front of him. Just four inches between us. 

''Aigoo! Zelo, can't you be that close, please?!'', I say loundly and he takes two steps back.

''Better like this?''

''Yeah, much better!''

He sits himself down at the table and looks at me. 

''No, Zelo, I don't want to take the risk. What if you shut down again?'', I reply and throw the eggs into the boiling water. 

''I don't know.''

''See, that's why we won't do it till you're hungry.'' I say and keep a look at the clock. I don't have much time for him. 

''Zelo, today I have to go to work.... you will be alone quite a long time, but I got you some exercises to do!'', I say quickly and pull him on his arm into the livingroom.

''This are my books'', I say and point at them ''I want you to read them and understand how humans are thinking. You will rest here the whole day, so you can use the televison and the computer. I will show you how it works.''

I am pulling him to the computer.

''You just have to push that button and keep the password in you mind. My password is 'Jaejudoo'. Do you get it.''

He nods lightly. 

''If you're here... you can go onto the internet..., google is a searching mashine, so you can tip in whatever you want. It will tell you the answer. you just..... aish! Too complicated. Come here!'', I say and put out some books.

''You can read the books, ok?''

''And what's about the televison?... or the computer'', Zelo asks confused and I keep focusing the books.

''Just forget about it, j-just read the books, right?''

He nods again. 

''I really have to go now, Zelo. I hope you don't mind.... ai, and I even could not eat. So you will wait for me here. HERE. You got that clear?''

''Yeah, I have.''

I just needed this three words. I speed up the stairs and get myself ready. When I walk down stairs I see Zelo sitting in front of the sofa reading some books. I put my shoes on and actually I am really worried about him. AH! The eggs!~I run into the kitchen and switch of the heat. Piuhh.... What would happen if he's alone? No, you will find out.

''Yeah, let's find out.'' I wisper and go to the entrance.

''Goodbye, Zelo! See you later, arasseo?!~'', I shout back to the livingroom and see him noding. My little Zelo.

I just take the bus to the next cap station. Of course it's much to slow and I hate it to be late, like my boss does. The exercises I had to do are done. Yeah, I've worked hard. Today the sun is shining. But I just can see the sunrise how it dye the streets and trees into a red light. At the cap station I jump into one and sit down. It's the same capdriver I see everyday. I really like him. Maybe because he doesn't talk much. I hate small talks in taxis as much I hate a big class of the primary school into the museum or into the zoo. 

 

''Hi, Miss Kim, you're on time'', I see Mr. Choi standing in front of my desk. What do you want?

''Ah... yeah, I am always on time..., so I don't get it'', I answer and my hair behind my ear. 

''It was just a little joke, I know you're always on time'', he laughs and I really don't know what's that funny.

''Aha, sorry... but I didn't get it'', I aswer and start to order my sheets. 

''Uhm.... yeah, ... maybe it wasn't that funny'', he reply and scratches his head insecurely. Just go away. You made a joke who wasn't even funny, I didn't get it and now you can go. But what is he doing? He's stemming his arms onto my desk?! 

''W-What are you doing?'', I ask shocked.

''The others and me...., we're going to drink something after work, would you come and go out with us?''

With the others, yeah, sure... but with you... no way! 

''Hum.... yeah, sure... who's coming?'', I smiled as nice I was able to. Even if I really don't like him.

''Just, Mrs. Kim2, Taekyeon..., Mr. Lee, Mrs. Lee and so on'', he answers and I nod. 

''Ok, I will come... but just for 20 minutes.''

''Wae?.... You're always going that early... do you have a boyfriend?''

What?!..... A What?!..

''No!... No I don't have any'', I say quickly and wave with my hands like crazy. Why have I to think of Zelo?! No, I just have a little Robot living into my house and sleeping at my couch.

Later I ate with Bom-ah a good friend oh mine. She's working in the same place but I've never seen her since she's warking here, because of the enormous space into this house. And she always worked when I had my free time, but today she could eat with me. 

After that I went to the office again. No, I wasn't able to teach the students now, cause I am just an intern. There I worked till eveing. I look out of the window thinking of Zelo. Is he still studying the humans? 

''Are you coming, Yoremin?'', I hear Bom-ah calling my name and grab my jacket. We're going to a bar in Hongdae and everybody is talking or complaining about our work. Yeah, there a re much bad sites of the job as a teacher. For example, much students don't have any respect. It's so tiring. We order the drinks and I don't want to think about work anymore.

''Yoremin, don't be mad with me, but I really think your neigbour is really handsome'', Bom-ah says suddenly and I realize that she had drunk enough. Yeah, she doesn't bear drinking alcohol. 

''Do you want to have him? I will give him to you'', I smile and take a sip of my sojoo. 

She nods like crazy and everybody bursts into laugh. I hug her tightly and her head. My little Bom-ah. I know her since high school, I think.

''My little crazy Bom-ah. Like in the old times. Isn't it righ-'', .... is that Myungseung?....With a other ... woman?... I look up. Yeah, it's him. With his new girlfriend. I look at the ground and stop hugging her. I don't feel like hugging anymore.

''What's wrong with you, Yoremin?'', I hear her asking and my glance follows Myungseung who's walking by. 

''Ah, It's nothing!~'', I answer quickly and smile at her innocently. 

But she's still staring at me. Everybody does, but just for a short moment.

''I'm alright'', I smile and take a sip of my sojoo. Again and again, till the floor is moving. 

But I have a lot fun. That's worth something! But yeah, I am drinking because of him. I can't see him with that ... sorry, I mean that women. But I am nearly crying when they're leaving the bar. He's going back to his new life. To the life with a new women and soon an own child. 

''I want to go home'', I say and let my head drop. I am to ashamed. Yeah, I want to go home. Home to Zelo. 

''But we wanted to do so much things. We wanted to sing karaoke!'', Mrs. Lee complains and i shake my head and stand up. 

''Not for me..., I am finished'', I answer and grab my bag, walking out of the bar and call the next taxi. The whole floor is moving and I am trooting like an idiot.

I have problems with opening te door and crawl into the livingroom after I stumbled. 

''Zelo?~'', my voice sounds weak and insecure. 

I switch on the light and find him laying onto the ground, around him many books. The televison is on and buzzes. I lay myself next to him and feel so calm. Yes, he's calming me down. He's sleeping. I turn around and touch his hair and dive my fingers into them. It's all quiet. I take his hand... it's cold but I can hear his breath next to mine.

Zelo, please never leave me.