his wife

caramel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A song to heal your soul while you read KISS - Because I'm a Girl

Putting on a notch neck, puff sleeve A-line white dress, you swirled before the full body-sized slanted mirror that was placed next to the wardrobe.

You liked this dress so much for a moment but plopping down on the carpet when you wondered if you ever deserve all of this? You couldn't stop thinking about Mr Jeong, him and only him. Will things be any different after this? Oh my... of course it would. Hell yes, if he has a wife, what do you call him, father? Well, that sounded way too old for him and the thought that you might have a crush on him somehow broke your heart. Crush was maybe just temporary, you thought so because he was nice to you and probably he's nice to everyone. Oppa? Uncle? Those names, do they make sense?

By the time you got out of your own room, it has passed the lunch time that you'd completely forgotten the lunch with Mrs Jeong. You settled down at the dining table, too elated to see the scrambled eggs and picked them up before stuffing them in your mouth happily. As you kept chewing them without a care of the world, there came Mrs Jeong appeared before you. 

Crossing her arms across her chest, chin up, she eyed you from top to toe, utterly disdained of your existence. She tsked, rolled her eyes and poor Madam Lee appeared behind her with a rattan stick in her grip. Madam Lee looked troubled, blanched face and as she against the idea of violence, she couldn't do anything, completely helpless when Mrs Jeong grasped it from her hand, forcefully. 

Mrs Jeong, or Jaehyun's wife was gorgeous at one glance. Any men who land an eye on her sure would look twice. The silky auburn hair was medium short, thick and lush, showcased how stylish and modern she is. Her eyes, in deep granite gray, eyeliner that winged the end of her eyes sharp, with gaze that could kill, displaying the observant nature in her. Her nose, long and pointy, the lips, thin and seductive, in fine wine, curved cheekbones and a sharp jawline that described elegance, beauty and fashion. 

In her cowl neck, satin cami golden dress that has a split at the thigh, the hem long enough till it reached her knees, she looked absolutely stunning, beautiful, fabulous that you had more than a hundred words to describe her. 

You were gaping at her in awe but the words came out from stung. 

"Where did you learn your manners? Have you got no manners at all? I get that you're an orphan but I believe you do learn them at school" she pointed out, stressing the fact that an orphan couldn't have had learn any better in basic manner, ethics, etiquette, courtesy or some sorts that you put your fork down, totally devastated by the comment. 

The euphonious and pleasant voice of hers gained prestige but sounded like acid to your ears had you sunk in your seat. You were being looked down again, and by someone Mr Jeong loves the most. You tried shrugging it off, remained your composure but it didn't last long when she sauntered nearer to you and flipped the rattan stick to your face. 

Despite your quick reflex, the stick flew to your face and though you shielded it with your forearms, having the stick struck your left cheek, leaving a pathetic graze. Squeezing your eyes shut, tried keeping your cool but the flashback of how your father threw random things at you flooded your mind at once. Anxiety creeping in, knots forming in your stomach but this didn't just end here.

As soon as she seized your wrist, the cold and sharp fingernails scraped the skin and then she dragged you to the corner of the living room. Another hand of hers holding another stick, she began beating the back of your lower leg. And when it hits around 15 , you were in pain, knitting your brows as the endurance was too overwhelming on the first day. 

This went on for a few days and Mr Jeong was nowhere to be found. She literally picked on everything you did and as if she had anger management issues, she just plainly loathed your breathing at home. And on the third day, the flesh of your calf had deep red cuts, leaving scars but you hadn't have the idea on who to turn to so you just kept everything to yourself. 

 

The truth was, Jaehyun got back home from work after midnight hours meaning you'd already gone for bed. And the time he woke up for work was way earlier than you. The time simply didn't match for the both of you to meet that he couldn't talk to you and welcome you yet. 

On the first day when you came to his house, he managed to peek through the opened door of your bedroom after he got back from work. His personal office which was located right opposite of your room gave him the advantage to stay close to you. It was his decision after all, he wanted to stay close to you though this enormous house has plenty more rooms available for you.

He didn't know that you have the habit to leave your door open when you went for bed and strangely, he had the urge to go in. He went in, locked the door behind him and sat on the side of the mattress, looking down at you who were sleeping so peacefully. It was a weird position to sleep, he thought, having your front pressed against the mattress and the side of your face rested against your pillow, with your whistle breathing.

Resisting the urge to wake you up, he leaned in closer to your temple and planted a chaste kiss. Drawing away, he couldn't help but admire the feature of your childlike face, from your eyes to your nose to your lips, even adoring the silky soft hair as he on it gently. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter