his reassurance

caramel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A song to heal your soul while you read 헤이즈 (Heize) - 내 맘을 볼수 있나요 (Can You See My Heart)

He heard soft moans coming somewhere in the room that he shot his head up, eyes carefully searching your room till it landed on the built-in closet that was left ajar. A sigh of relief escaped his lips when he realized you were actually lying on top of your messy pile of clothes, fingers clutching tightly against the closet door. As he approached nearer, the relief state turned into a deep concern instead, witnessing you crumbled your body like a prawn, sweating a bucket, face as pale as sheet, shivering in cold with your teeth chattering. He scooped you up swiftly in his arms, wrapping your body tightly against his before sending you to the hospital. 

He was perturbed, feeling unsettled when he left you alone at the ward, to be examined by the family doctor, Mr Tae. He didn't expect to have such emotions piling up in his throat, a lump throbbing, an excruciating pain in his heart as if a blunt knife pointed to its core. Little did he know, he was in a complete mess and that he couldn't think straight when he saw you laid on the bed, unconscious. Why is he this worried? This regretful? He could've controlled his temper but what did he do to you?

 

 

A heavy yet distinctive aroma of coffee aded the spacious room, filling your nostrils as you blinked, drowsily, lifted your eyes in a slow pace, trying to figure out where you are. This wasn't your room, definitely as you were certain the ceiling wasn't supposed to be that white complemented with a fan, stirring not quite strong, providing only cool air.

The dizziness that was throbbing on your temples had you closed your eyes again, frowning, somehow adapting to the pain but as you lifted your hand up to touch your forehead, you stopped doing so. There was another human's hand rested on the back of yours, the cozy heat that brought butterflies to your stomach, squeezing yours gently. 

Turning to your right slightly, observing how Mr Jeong could sleep so peacefully only by resting the right side of his face on the top edge of the blanket, tiredly blowing whistles of snores. Is he that tired? Well, probably this is the first time you witnessed Mr Jeong sleeping so you took the time to study his face, completely oblivious why and how you ended up in this unusual room. 

His tousled yet fluffy hair was apparent, adorable like a golden retriever's fur that you had the urge to ruffle it, his glowing forehead, no frown was visible, his surprisingly long eye lashes, sweet and pretty and last but not least his plump cherry lips that was somehow pouting, just to irresistible that the corner of your lips were tugging up slowly, a warm smile was formed. 

As you leaned closer, attempted to smell his hair but immediately refrained from doing it when Mr Jeong woke up. The memories of what happened before this started kicking in as you got the image of how you were actually on the patient's bed with Mr Jeong seated here, waiting for you and the distinctive scent of coffee were coming from the few cups of Americanos, at least four of them, finished and left on the table at the seating area. 

As soon as he got up, he knitted his brows, slumped on the chair, spreaded his legs wide and displayed a defiant look. It was a mixture of expressions, at first it was intimidating but he softened when he leaned in and pressed his palm against your forehead to check your temperature. 

You seriously gotta curse yourself because that one gesture of him made your heart thumping like a drum beating on its own, loud and booming, whole body froze due to the proximity and blushed so hard that you thought he could've heard everything.

You maintained your composure, fixing your gaze somewhere else and not on him because this moment seemed longer than ever and Mr Jeong wouldn't let go his hand away from your forehead for like a minute long. He heaved a sigh of relief, leaned closer as if he was going to kiss your forehead though just rested his lips there for some moment longer, grateful that your fever had cooled down a little. 

He remained silent, straightened himself and looked at you for one last time before he was about to leave this room. The idea of him leaving made you scared so as he spun, you removed the needle of the drip attaching on the inside of your forearm, swiftly, as if you wanted to follow him had him turned back and stopped you.

It was too late that blood gushing out from your veins so he quickly pressed the emergency button on the wall.

"What is wrong with you, Ryeon-" he didn't sound please at all, gritting his teeth when two nurses came running into the VIP room, aiding you right away. You were lost, just had the intention to follow Mr Jeong in case if he plans to abandon you now but you were witnessing a more irate Mr Jeong, crossing his arms while the nurses somehow reprimanded your abrupt thoughtless action.

 

 

"Why are you doing this to yourself?" his eyes softened, fixating at the huge bruise formed on your forearm but you hid it under your blanket now, somehow ashamed of it. It was due to sense of urgency, thoughtlessness, and in an attempt to tag along Mr Jeong. The pain no longer bothers you but the lump grew in your throat had gotten bigger, depressed, abhorring your own stupid action, now hung your head low because you just made him angry, yet again.

You didn't want him to leave you, not even for a second, staring blankly at his hand, clutching on your blanket. 

"Why did you hide in your cupboard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter