her tears

caramel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A song to heal your soul while you read 샘김 (Sam Kim) - 여름비 (Summer Rain)

You were serving the man sitting at the table a cup of tea after learning he is Mr Jeong's father. The impression of him was that he is kind, gentleman and he has a deep voice along with the dimples that Mr Jeong inherited from, made you realized how charming he was.  

It felt good to learn about Mr Jeong's family member because in a way it feels like you're a lot more closer to him now. 

After exchanging name with him, a furious Mr Jeong entered the house and forcefully pulled you away from that man, dragged you back to your room. Was it your coping mechanism? That you immediately turned submissive when he displayed an aura of great fear, dominance and ruthlessness. Just by looking at his broad shoulder, following his decisive strides while seizing your left wrist, leaving strong force that was inflicted to your skin, how the tips of his fingers grazed against it and didn't intend let go even after he slammed the door shut, leaving you flabbergasted. Did you do something wrong? 

"Who do you think you are? Who are you to talk to that person without my permission?"

This was the first time he shouted at you, his husky voice was heavier and rougher, showcased annoyance that you flinched slightly, got scared of him at an instant. With mixed feelings, you were looking up at him, lips agape in confusion, heart began beating uncontrollably fast. You tried maintaining your composure, stood still, trying to figure out what was wrong though internally you had gotten so afraid of him, lost in thinking. This sudden change of behaviour where he was so unnecessary sweet to you earlier made you realized you had screwed up once again. But what did you do this time? As you lock your eyes with him, somehow seeking to understand his behaviour but you realized you'd gotten extremely terrified of him as his eyes were infused with deep solemnity and wrath only, leaving no room for you to further comprehend his action. At this moment, you know this Mr Jeong is not the one you used to know. He became a completely different person. 

"Who do you think you are?" he repeated, teeth gritted in anger, fury ignited in his eyes, somehow hurting your soul with just a simple question, 'who do you think you are?'. As you took the time to understand what he conveyed, even you yourself had gotten disoriented with what or who you are in his life. A lump grew in your throat, slapped with a deep realization that you couldn't answer that damn question that tears, those damn tears that you'd tried so hard to suppress behind your eyes for years, even not allowing them to fall when your favourite mother passed away, lingered pathetically in your eyes.

​​​​​​"Am I not supposed to talk to your father? Did I do something-" sounded weak, you tried figuring out how and why your action irked him but you did not expect another face of Mr Jeong. 

At the mention of his 'father', a shallow bitterness swept across his face swiftly, shooting you with his cold and stern glare. The rage must've gotten unstoppable at this point that it overtook his rationality, burning him from the inside out. Nostrils flaring, he balled his fist while gripping your wrist so hard, got irritated with what you said, the knuckles turned pearl white and unconsciously the nails cut into your skin. 

"Yes, you did something. Do that again, I will-" 

"-what will you do? -throw me away?" although your voice was in a meek tone, you couldn't believe what you just uttered. You did not mean to retort and finish what you'd predicted for him to say. That came out just so smooth and naturally from your mouth. The threat that every single family you've ever had before used it on you whenever they were upset with your presence or simply loathed your breathing came back to you all at once, again. You would not expect this from this man, never as you were so afraid of how it got out of your lips, now quivering out of sheer regret.

But did you get his answer right? As you were blinking, patiently waiting for his reply, you didn't realize those weakened tears that had been pooling in your eyes streamed down without a warning that the vision of him instantly turned blurry in your eyes. 

The hostile glare, how new, unfamiliar and horrifying it was, even darker than before, clenched jaw, showed how merciless he could be. This Mr Jeong's even darker side that you didn't know before had a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter