encounter

caramel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A song to heal your soul while you read The rose - Black Rose

The occurrence of being in the state of hesitancy did not happen just once. Grasping tightly on the hem of your school blouse, you couldn't stop trembling due to acrophobia, the intense fear of height. You wouldn't be afraid if it wasn't the gust of wind that slapped your conscience from standing on the top of a wall surrounding the rooftop of a 100 floors skyscraper in the middle of the city, Seoul.

Chewing on your lower lip, and then gulped nervously, you instantly took a small step back with your legs terribly shaking.

"Ryeon... just jump" you maffled under your breath, knitting your brows at the sudden realization of how of a coward you were, thought you could've jumped off and commited a deadly sin to end your life. 

You tilted your head up to look upon the sky, discovering that perhaps only the moon hiding behind the clouds knew how melancholic you were, began drizzling, showering tiny drops of tears against your skin. You were staring at it for a while longer, contemplating about your decision, indecisive again as you wondered whether your action was too rash but knowing no one will mourn for your death, you decided to just leave the world for good.

Too engrossed in your thoughts, in the twilight of your youth, you didn't notice another person has been standing next to you on the top of the wall. The moment you got aware of another being, you turned to look at him swiftly, caught he was already fixating his gaze at you. 

"W-who are you?" you asked, raising your brows at him in bewilderment. "Are you a police? Are you trying to stop me-"

"I'm just here for a smoke" he replied, cutting your sentence in the middle, nonchalant and unfazed by the fact that you might be jumping off the building at any time. He was indeed smoking as he cocked his head up, blowing off a cloud of black and gray into the air without a sense of guilt to the pitiful environment, his slender middle and forefinger holding a cigarette close to his lips before he put his hand down, resting it next to his leg. He then turned to you again, attempted to tread nearer to where you were standing that you got more perplexed than you were earlier. 

"W-why-y? Don't come c-close or I w-will jump-p.." stammering, you threatened him if he ever come closer with the possibility you might be hurting yourself. He smirked, and then scoffed, doubting your action before he faced back the scenery below him, observing the city lights glinting the entire Seoul. 

​​​​​​"You don't want to die, aren't you?" he spoke, putting the cigarette back to his lips, and blew the air once again but this time he was narrowing his eyes and then arched a brow at you when you remained silent. Well, he managed to read you... 

"Sweetheart, if you ever jump now, you will regret for the rest of your life." 

"How do you know?" there was a hint of sarcasm in your tone, believing that he wouldn't understand your decision unless he put himself in your shoes. However, much to your surprise, he didn't comment further instead, locking his soulful gaze at you. That staring somehow lasted for a moment, his eyes emanating a pain that you didn't understand and that you started to realize perhaps you weren't the only one dying from the inside. 

Feeling bad for throwing a quick judgement on him, you joked, "Are you a grim reaper? Are you here to collect my soul?" 

"Do I look like one?" the corner of his lips tugged upwards slowly, breaking into a gentle heartwarming smile, his dimples became prominent that you began to notice his lethal yet charming visual. 

This man upon your eyes isn't a joke, he's a literal heart-throb. Heat rose to your cheeks knowing the fact that a fine gentleman had been initiating a conversation with you. To be honest, you'd already melted for his baritone, husky voice, deep enough as if he's burning honey in his throat, too sweet yet soothing, somehow able to console your insecurities and anxieties.

Moving on to his almost perfect sculptured-like feature, his dark silky hair was pushed back, a little wet with a strand handsomely dropped on his glowing forehead, effortlessly radiating a classic yet an elegant look, making you blush even more. His attentive pair of crescent moon eyes, eyes smiling focusing on you, holding a shade of soft amber, faint hazel, such a breathtaking gaze, so mesmerizing when he locked it with yours for a moment longer. The ideal bridge of nose to his plump pouty lips, in ruby, luscious, juicy, tempting and palatable for a crazy girl like you who gulped for that very uncivilized reason. His sharp jawline was another feature you needed to highlight, expressing the confidence he holds. 

He was a head or two taller than you, towering your petite frame, wearing a long sleeve button down plain white shirt with at least three buttons undid, defining his chiselled buff chest, and a pair of midnight blue slacks, displaying his height and well built physique, the best body proportion you've ever seen. 

"How old are you?" he asked, snapping you back to reality to which you hiccupped in response, embarrassing yourself at him. Why did you hiccup? Is it because you've never met a heavenly handsome prince like him before?

"Why do you ask?" you replied, a little bemused, found yourself couldn't take your eyes off him not even for a second. 

"I'm curious."

"Why are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter