embarrassment

caramel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A song to heal your soul while you read Sondia - This is Love

Poverty isn't a choice, it must have been your destiny, your fate that you couldn't avoid no matter whatever you do. You pressed your hand against your stomach tightly, how it grumbled, so loud indicating you haven't eaten for the whole day. You were just way too famished, could no longer stand how empty your stomach had gotten. 

After the incident where you almost comitted suicide, you strove to quit the suicidal thoughts and eager to move on without the presence of your mother. What the man said did knocked some senses into you, how your religion and mother who love God disapprove intentional death so you worked hard to continue being a human who should love herself more. 

You recollected the memory of the heavenly handsome man who offered to bring you home after that but you rejected his kindness twice and now that you think about him, it had been more than a month since you last saw him. Somehow you were very curious about him, his name and in a way you wished to see him once again.

Putting that aside, you were about to pass out due to hunger and the fact that you were having your painful first day period wasn't helping either. Pride was no longer an important dignity you should protect and respect but ruining it at once worth the case for now. 

Your hand was literally trembling when you were eyeing the foods displayed at the convenience store, internally drooling, desperately attempted to fill your stomach with those foods. Fumbling your pockets on the side of your old jeans, you felt utterly awful because of poor you were, just having exactly a cent left. Being as powerless as this, you recklessly developed a weird thought which was to steal from this store. 

Is this the right thing to do? Biting your upper lip, unaccustomed to being a thief, afraid of being caught but what pushed you to do so? The fact that you are penniless, underage to be a worker yet, and how the orphanage you are in was lacking funds and support but these weren't only it. Eventually as the eldest in there, you couldn't help but felt a sense of responsibility when all girls were facing a crisis due to the shortage of sanitary napkins supplies.

After getting into the convenience store, you headed straight in and appeared nonchalant. You glanced up to check the CCTV angle wasn't filming you and then scanned the surrounding, certain that no one realizes your plot, that was when you mindlessly grabbed one of the straps of your school bag. Acting quick by ping it, you began stuffing two packets of sanitary pads into your bag. You pretended as if nothing happened when you passed through the aisle leading to the bread area. 

You could no longer think straight when you saw foods ahead of you, frantically taking two packets of bread and put them into your bag, appearing more than desperate. That was when you halted... 

Someone grasped on your wrist, and squeezed it tightly as if the person just caught you red handed. You gasped, almost dropping your bag when you swirled, came face to face with the owner of the store. He was giving you the death stare and smirked when he saw a petite girl after pulling the hood off of the hoodie you were wearing forcefully, revealing the trembling you in disheveled hair, displaying utter fear on your face.

The man who's most likely in his mid forties, partially bald, with wrinkles drawing all over his face had a crease formed on his forehead and when his eyes bored into you, you started to shiver. Pulling your wrist aggressively, hauling you to the counter of the store, he let go of you, all fervent and vigorous so that you became the center of the attention, or precisely, being the object of humiliation.

"So you're the thief! THIEF!" there was an outburst of profanity that you finally realized the consequences of stealing. At this moment, you were afraid of being sent to the jail. You lowered your head when there was a camera flashed at your direction, witnessing your most ugly act that you'd wished to vanish from this scene right away. You realized more and more people formed a circle surrounding you, watching this act of yours, derided your situation that you could no longer lift your head up, embarrassed of yourself.

Yelping when he ruthlessly seized your bag from you, ping it and throwing everything from your bag that the pads and breads dropped on the floor including your stuffs. Feeling weak, you began apologizing but the man was seriously fuming, fretful at how loathsome you were, screaming obscenities at your face that you were completely demeaned by him.

"Your mother teaches you to steal, huh? !" he snarled when you only kept saying sorry, staring at him intently, begging for his mercy but he was way too livid and brave as he had spectators who simultaneously pointed their fingers at you so he socked you across the face.

Your bum instantly plopped on the floor, wincing in pain while your right hand settled on your face, feeling the heat and pain inflicted. And right now, you were petrified of literally everyone, questioning what you did so wrong that he had to hit you like this and people were just eyeing you in disgust.

You weren't that fragile to begin with but you were entirely vulnerable when he approached nearer and started to your hoodie, accusing you of stealing more than this. Tears started to well up in your eyes, knees weakened when he was way too strong, tugging your hoodie away from your torso that you left just with your camisole alone.

"Ahjussi, I'm sorry-"

"Ahjussi, I said I'm sorry-"

You were extremely uncomfortable the moment he began to fumble against your side pockets way to your back one, as if he was attempting to molest-

"Stop it or I will call the police" a man with a deep familiar voice appeared out of nowhere, grasped on the baldy's wrist, tightly to prevent him from touching you. And it was way too tight till he finally straightened himself up, glaring at you.

"Who are you-"

"Under Section 15, Act 1995, a ual misconduct can be fined up to 15 million won or 10 years of imprisonment. Shall we see each other at court? Or settle it here? There are many people witnessing anyway"

"What bull are you talking about? What ual condu-?" the bald owner was trying to retort, defending his innoce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter