Epilogue aka Son Seungwan and the little menace

You're My First Mistake

Joohyun flickers her eyes open and immediately regrets her decision. She feels the dizziness creeping in as soon as the bright lights of the room hit her eyes. She blinks several times to gain back her vision before she opens her eyes properly.

 

She takes a sniff and despite wearing a mask to make sure that only pure air goes inside her, she smells the smell of alcohol, her head throbs and she feels nausea creeping in.

 

She groans feeling her head aching and closes her eyes for a few moments before she opens them again. She lets out a small groan as she tries to lift her head upon hearing a sound that seems like a door opening.

 

She fails to get up because there is a heavy weight on her arm preventing her from getting up. She concludes that someone is holding her down. 

 

She looks at the arm that is draped over her stomach and immediately spots the ring on her finger. She looks to her side to see Seungwan sleeping on a bed that is right next to her hospital bed. Seungwan's hand is holding her tightly as she sleeps in an extremely uncomfortable position.

 

It makes Joohyun's heart hurt because despite having a full bed to herself, Seungwan is still looking out for her even if it means that she probably gonna have a backache and a stiff neck when she wakes up.

 

“You're finally awake,” She looks to the other side, toward the place from where she hears the door close to see two familiar faces placing some plastic bangs on the table.

 

She motions them to be quiet and points towards a sleeping Seungwan who's snoring which means she's really tired and needs some well-deserved rest.

 

Seulgi nods as she approaches her with a smile on her face and gives her shoulder a gentle squeeze and Sooyoung does the same.

 

“She's passed out like a log,” Sooyoung mutters as she drapes a blanket over Seungwan. She mentally pat's herself for bringing the extra blanket because she saw Seungwan shivering earlier.

 

“She's dead tired,” Seulgi whispered, pointing at the clothes Seungwan was wearing. Joohyun squinted before she spotted the dress shirt and pants Seungwan was supporting, the same clothes she was wearing when she was departing for her meeting in Japan.

 

“How long have I been out for?” She whispered, hands reaching out for the messy locks of Seungwan's hair as she swept them aside freeing her face from the strands of hair.

 

“You passed out as soon as you held your little one, that was a whole day ago,” Seulgi giggled, eyes fixed on Seungwan.

 

“She was getting so paranoid and kept pestering doctors because you weren't waking up, turns out you're getting old which means your body took some time to get going,” Sooyoung shared as she took her seat beside Seulgi.

 

“Unnie must've been tired too because she passed out as soon as she handed over her little one to Seungwan,” Seulgi mumbled.

 

Joohyun felt her lips tugging upwards as a smile formed on her face, her eyes gleamed recollecting the moment she held their daughter in her arms and cooed at her with profound love for her before she placed her in Seungwan's arms, gaze fixed on her wife welcoming the newest addition to their small yet complete family.

 

“Where is our daughter?” Joohyun asked once she noticed that their baby girl was nowhere to be seen.

 

“Minjeong, Son Minjeong, that's her name. Seungwan unnie named her,” Sooyoung said. “She's in the nursery right now. Seungwan unnie knew that both of you will be very tired so she thought it was better for Minjeong to spend her night under proper care to ensure that she's a healthy baby.”

 

Joohyun nodded, of course, it was going to be Seungwan who was going to be the rational one between them in that situation. It made her proud of her wife.

 

Joohyun smiled. It reminded her of the time when Seungwan would brainstorm names for their little one when they would be cuddled up against each other in the bed. It was mostly Joohyun eating the food she craved that Seungwan got for her and a sleepy Seungwan mumbling names in her half-asleep state.

 

“She looks so uncomfortable. But I don't even have the heart to wake her up,” Joohyun mumbled, caressing Seungwan's face. 

 

She sighs remembering how much of a hard time she gave Seungwan. Her poor wife had to deal with her sudden mood swings and late-night food cravings all alone. She wants to cry remembering how sometimes she made Seungwan sleep on the couch because she wanted the bed all for herself but through all this Seungwan never complained, not even once.

 

It was all worth it in the end.

 

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

 

Joohyun nervously fidgeted with her finger waiting inside the doctor's office for her reports. 

 

She was scared because it was their third time trying the procedure. Despite Seungwan's willingness to bear their baby, Joohyun decided it was better if she was the one bearing their little one. With Seungwan's health being her top priority for her, she didn't want to risk her wife's life.

 

Their decision wasn't rushed. Three years into their marriage and Seungwan's undying love for children was enough for Joohyun to know that both of them were ready to embrace parenthood.

 

But it wasn't all butterflies and sunshine for them. Their first two tries turned out to be failures and it hurt Joohyun a lot. Meanwhile, Seungwan was always there with her telling her that everything would be alright and that she didn't need to worry. The younger girl even put a halt to the procedure once because she couldn't bear seeing her wife in this much misery.

 

To clear off their minds Seungwan didn't hesitate to put a stop to all their work and flew Joohyun to Canada where they enjoyed relieving Seungwan's childhood memories. But seeing that smile on Seungwan's face only made Joohyun more resolute.

 

She wanted to do it for Seungwan. She wanted to make her wife the happiest person in the world.

 

“Here,” the doctor handed over the reports to Joohyun who opened the seal with nervous hands.

 

Seeing the written content on the paper made her eyes widen with shock as tears started streaming down her face.

 

Seungwan came rushing home when she got a call from a crying Joohyun informing her that she got the result of the procedure. On her way, she was already scrambling through her phone to find a good travel destination for them.

 

In such moments, Joohyun requires a lot of pampering and Seungwan was all in for the task.

 

“Baby,” Seungwan cooed as she wrapped her arms around a crying Joohyun who was clutching the reports tightly in her hands.

 

“It hurts to see you like this. We don't have to do this anymore. Adoption is always an option. Let's go on a vacation. Anywhere you want,” Seungwan blurted out in a hurry as Joohyun pulled back and wiped her tears.

 

“We aren't going anywhere,” Joohyun whispered and handed over the reports to Seungwan and urged her to read them.

 

With shaking hands Seungwan opened the file and read it carefully. She looked up, blinking furiously to keep her tears inside.

 

“Our…baby.”

 

“I am one month pregnant!”

 

Seungwan started crying as she hugged Joohyun tightly. The older girl stopped crying because now she had to calm down her crying wife.

 

“You make me so happy Joohyun!”

 

Seungwan lifted her in the air and twirled her around with the biggest smile Joohyun had ever seen. She was mimicking the same smile. 

 

They were starting a family of their own. In some months they would be holding the manifestation of their love in their arms.

 

———

 

Seulgi eyed Sooyoung for a moment before both of them looked toward the couple again.

 

“I want tteokbokki!”

 

“Baby, I promise I'll get some next time for now please drink your soup.”

 

“I only want tteokbokki!”

 

Joohyun was shouting and all Seungwan could do was look like a kicked puppy.

 

Seulgi had to applaud the younger girl for her patience. Because Bae Seungwan went from shouting at the tiniest things to keeping her composure at such moments. She thought nothing would ever solve Seungwan's anger management issue but she was wrong.

 

She actually felt bad for her boss. Seungwan banned Joohyun from the office as soon as she hit the 3-month mark and took all the work-related responsibilities on herself. She watched how Seungwan used to come to the office when no one else would and leave when it would be empty. If that wasn't enough she had to deal with Joohyun's mood swings and cravings too.

 

But not even once did Seungwan complain about it. She showered Joohyun with all the love her wife needed. Even if it meant getting her a whole tub of ice cream at 3 in the morning or sleeping on the sofa just because Joohyun wanted the bed all for herself. 

 

Seulgi watched as Seungwan slumped her shoulders as she glanced at the clock. Most of the restaurants would be closed by that time. She lifted her eyes to see Joohyun still whining.

 

She thought she would finally get to see Seungwan losing her patience but it shocked her when Seungwan grabbed the car keys from the table and told them to wait for her.

 

Half an hour later Seungwan came home with freshly made tteokbokki and fed it to Joohyun. Seulgi thought it would be over but no Joohyun suddenly wanted to go eat mochi and they ran out of it. With tired eyes and a smile, Seungwan grabbed her keys once again and went out to get the mochi that'll make her wife happy.

 

Seulgi didn't even know why she was the one getting angry. It reminded her to make a mental note about the behaviour of pregnant women for future purposes.

 

It actually made her tear up when Seungwan passed out on the living room sofa while Joohyun was eating her mochi in their room while watching a movie with Sooyoung and Yerim.

 

Seungwan woke up with tired eyes when she heard Seulgi sniffling.

 

“Seulgi-yah is everything alright?” Seungwan engulfed her in a hug rubbing her back. “Who hurt you? Why are you crying?” It made Seulgi cry even more because even with those tired eyes and hoarse voice Seungwan was looking out for others instead of herself.

 

“How do you do this?” She asked while sobbing.

 

Seungwan pulled back and sighed. She looked inside the room to see Joohyun watching the movie with all her attention.

 

“Because I love her and would do anything to keep that smile on her face.”

 

———

 

Sooyoung was astonished to see Seungwan like this. She wasn't her childhood friend or something like that. But she and Seungwan had spent their entire youth together. To see her friend this head over heels for someone was a new experience for her.

 

She thought it was going to be a normal shopping day with Seungwan. Well, she was wrong.

 

She wasn't only dealing with a lovesick Seungwan, she was literally dealing with a sick Seungwan, and by that she meant 104 Fahrenheit sick Seungwan who decided it was a good idea to go shopping instead of going to a doctor and rest.

 

“Remind me, why are we here again?” She facepalmed watching Seungwan look through the list she made that had the items that Joohyun craved during the night.

 

“We're buying things for Joohyun,” Seungwan coughed before her focus went back to her list.

 

Sooyoung grabbed the bill reading out the things Seungwan bought for Joohyun that'll help with her mood swings and cravings. She raised her eyebrows wanting to scream out loud because her friend was buying several boxes of ice cream tubs for her pregnant wife, a supply of hot chocolate that could last them a whole year, almost a dozen boxes of ramyeon, the most authentic tteokbokki sauce, lots of kimchi, a bunch of plushies and many more absurd things.

 

It made her wonder if Joohyun was pregnant or possessed.

 

It also made her wonder if Seungwan was on the verge of getting admitted to a psych ward.

 

She thanked the heavens that she recruited Yerim to entertain Joohyun for the entire day while she forces Seungwan to get proper rest at her place.

 

It was difficult to ground Seungwan, and even more difficult to keep her away from her wife who needs her care but she has to do this for the sake of her friend's health. It was the only way.

 

She had to bring out the Seulgi card and it worked. 

 

Shopping was what they did four hours ago because right now Seungwan was asleep on her bed sleeping, Seulgi was already convinced that Seungwan was unconscious and they should take her to a hospital until their resident lover girl started to call out her wife in her sleep.

 

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

 

“Can't you postpone it?” Joohyun whined, not letting go of Seungwan who was running late for her flight.

 

“Baby,” Seungwan cooed and knelt beside Joohyun. “I wouldn't go if it wasn't that important, trust me I would be back before you'll know and it's my last schedule before my break starts,” Seungwan explained. 

 

Seungwan was worried too. She has never left Joohyun for a whole day ever since Joohyun revealed her pregnancy to her. She had a hard time convincing herself to go but she also had a company to handle that she can't just ignore. The only fact that made her a bit relieved was that Joohyun's due date was two weeks away. 

 

Apparently, the universe had other plans. She had just come out of her meeting when she had a phone call from none other than a screaming and raging Joohyun shouting at her.

 

“Son Seungwan! I am not pushing this baby out until you arrive here!”

 

“Joo—hyun baby?”

 

“Unnie! Joohyun unnie's water broke.”

 

“I am coming.”

 

She found herself in Seoul in just two hours instead of four right in time for Joohyun's delivery. When she entered the room it was already filled with doctors and nurses urging Joohyun to push. 

 

She rushed to take her place beside Joohyun and grabbed her hand muttering out words that'll calm her wife down. 

 

Turns out, her wife is a violent one because if being at the receiving end of Joohyun's constant shouting wasn't enough she found herself getting punched at the very last push before their daughter came into the world.

 

She walked over forgetting all the tiredness and exhaustion when Joohyun held their little one in her arms and cooed at her. She was on the verge of tears when she held her daughter in her arms after Joohyun passed out.

 

“Welcome…Son Minjeong.”

 

She was dead tired but her day wasn't over yet. Her wife was asleep for more than half a day and it was starting to worry her.

 

“It's natural. I assure you. She'll be up soon,” The doctor assured her and advised her to get some rest as well.

 

She was glad that there was an extra bed in Joohyun's room. She didn't hesitate to wrap her arm around Joohyun making sure that she was right by her side before she finally went to sleep.

 

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

 

Joohyun fixes her glasses, eyes focused on the screen of her tablet as Seungwan finally allows her to catch up with ongoing projects that'll be greeting her when she returns to work.

 

She wouldn't tell Seungwan but she desperately wanted to go home. A couple of days in the hospital were enough to mess up her sanity. If it wasn't for Seungwan and Minjeong she would've had a full-fledged mental breakdown.

 

She lifted her eyes from the screen to see Seungwan holding Minjeong, trying to show her the view from the hospital window. She couldn't help but smile.

 

She couldn't believe that all it took Seungwan to become a huge softie was to get a mini version of herself. It was hard to project whom Minjeong resembled more but she could see Seungwan in Minjeong more than herself and her thoughts were backed out by Seungwan's family when they pointed out similarities between little Seungwan and Minjeong.

 

She had already prepared a huge speech to apologise to Seungwan for causing this much trouble during her pregnancy but Seungwan didn't give her a chance and instead made her cry when she showered her with words of gratitude, appreciation, affection, adoration, and love for bearing their little one. Her wife was full of love and it made her realise how lucky she is to have Seungwan by her side. But of course, her wife had to be the she is, or else it wouldn't be Seungwan.

 

“You should prepare yourself, Son Joohyun, because I am sure my little one is going to be the greatest menace you'll ever face—after me of course—and make your life a living hell.”

 

Joohyun thinks kicking Seungwan out of bed was deserved after this.

 

She was so immersed in her thoughts that she didn't notice Seungwan taking the tablet from her hand and handing over Minjeong to her.

 

“That's enough work,” Seungwan muttered and put the device away, and sat beside her.

 

She cooed at their daughter playing with her tiny fingers with Seungwan beside them looking at her family.

 

“I got emails from numerous magazines for Minjeong,” She mumbled as she caressed Minjeong's face.

 

Seungwan sighed and reached out for Minjeong's hand, her tiny fingers instinctively reaching out for her mother's hand as she wrapped them around Seungwan's finger.

 

“I think she should stay away from all this spotlight. I want Minjeong to have a normal life filled with love and happiness. I am not going to let her live life as we did. Our daughter will live a life that she wants to live, not what we'll decide for her Joohyun,” Seungwan shared, leaning down to press her lips on Minjeong's fingers.

 

“I was going to discuss the same thing. I want our little one to grow up in a healthy environment with us giving her all the attention she deserves. I don't want to neglect her for her work,” She replied, resting her head on Seungwan's shoulder as they grazed their daughter who was staring at them with her adorable eyes.

 

“I want to go home.”

 

“Okay, I'll get you discharged tomorrow and then you'll get lots of rest at home.”

 

Embracing parenthood was going to be difficult but they were ready for it.

 

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

 

Joohyun was playing with Minjeong's nose while Seungwan was busy dressing her. Their daughter was already reaching her first birthday and to celebrate it Seungwan decided that it was the perfect time to show their baby the place where they indulged in baby-making activities for the first time.

 

“She needs to witness the place where we had se—”

 

“.”

 

“Ouch!”

 

Seungwan was paranoid because she was worried about whether the cold was suitable for Minjeong or not. Her wife dragged her to the mall a day before their flight and bought all the warm articles of clothing she could find. 

 

“Seungwan, she looks like a burrito, stop, or else she won't be able to breathe,” She said, stopping Seungwan from making Minjeong wear another jacket on top of her first one.

 

“If she gets cold then what?” Seungwan asked, fidgeting with the zipper of the tiny jacket.

 

“Baby,” She cooed and pecked her lips with an amused smile. “She has you, her mother is walking heater, she'll be warm in your arms.”

 

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

 

It turns out that having a child of your own makes you childish as well because that was the case with Joohyun and Seungwan.

 

“I can't believe Seungwan unnie offered to change her diapers for the entire month if her first words were her name,” Yerim mumbled, shaking her head.

 

“Joohyun unnie said she'll be the one feeding her if her first words were her name,” Seulgi giggled.

 

“Both of them are idiots,” Sooyoung commented as they watched Joohyun feeding Minjeong, turning out to be a huge mess because the food was everywhere except in Minjeong's stomach.

 

They were so confident with their bets trying to predict their daughter's first words but in the end, Minjeong had other plans for her parents.

 

“Wa—” Minjeong stuttered, eyes looking outside the window as her moms were surrounding her.

 

“She's going to take my name!” Seungwan jumped in the air, already celebrating her victory.

 

“Son Minjeong, you can't do this to me!” Joohyun exclaimed, covering her eyes with horror.

 

“W…i…n…t…e…r”

 

Both of them looked toward their daughter who was giggling while watching the snow falling before they looked at each other and realised that both of them had lost the bet.

 

“That's what you get for giving her birth on January 1st.”

 

“Go and enjoy raising your little menace.”

 

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

 

Joohyun raises her brows when she hears utter silence coming from the bathroom when her wife and daughter were just screaming minutes ago.

 

She puts down her book and walks over to the bathroom to see Seungwan drenched in water and bubbles while Minjeong was using her tiny hands to pour more water on Seungwan.

 

“Yah!” She shouted, hands resting on her hips. “I told you to give her a bath, not take one yourself.”

 

“She—but I was giving her one. She made me slip,” Seungwan explained with a pout, knowing Joohyun was not going to believe it.

 

“Like mother, like daughter,” Joohyun sighed and grabbed Minjeong from the bathtub. “Go and take a shower, now!”

 

She watched as Seungwan glared at three-year-old Minjeong before she walked out of the bathroom 

 

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

 

Seungwan sniffled, waving her hands in the air toward Minjeong who was excitedly waving toward them.

 

“Yah! Stop crying and have some shame, even she's not crying,” Joohyun mumbled, passing a napkin to Seungwan.

 

“Shut up! That's my baby right there going away from me,” Seungwan cried.

 

“She's going to school for four hours,” Joohyun sighed and wrapped her arms around her emotional wife.

 

If someone told Joohyun that this was the same Seungwan that had anger management issues and had the most annoying resting face ever she would've laughed but here she was sobbing because it was Minjeong's first day at school.

 

“She's four already. Where did the time go?” Seungwan mumbled after calming down.

 

“She grew up so fast,” Joohyun muttered.

 

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

 

Seungwan cracks her neck before she puts down her book hearing the hushed excited footsteps that only meant that chaos was about to unfold. She put down her book and put it inside the small compartment in the car once the door of the car opened.

 

“Minjeongie!”

 

“Mummy!”

 

Seungwan couldn't help but burst into a fit of giggles as she allowed her little one to make her car a mess for the millionth time as she scrambled to hug her. She can't get mad when her little one nuzzles her face with so much love every time she picks her up from school.

 

Seungwan peppered her face with a bunch of kisses. It was the trick to calm down her hyperactive little one who always gets a little too excited when she spots her mothers. The kisses do the trick because the child in her arms stops nuzzling like she's a little husky puppy and takes all the love her mother showers her with.

 

“Here,” Seungwan gently puts her on the shotgun seat and secures the seat belt around her, chuckles escaping from when she sees the dangling feet of her daughter.

 

“So, tell me about your day,” She asked, starting the engine of the car and started driving.

 

“Jiminie teased me today,” Seungwan shakes her head trying to console her sensitive daughter. But of course, you can't expect her Jimin unnie not to especially when her reactions are adorable.

 

“Hmmm,” She hummed along waiting for Minjeong to start from where she left off.

 

“She said I am small,” It made Seungwan giggle because their daughter's height was a topic both she and Joohyun were worried about because they weren't the tallest but their baby was growing just fine, it's just that her Jimin unnie is a little taller.

 

“But you're small,” She joined in because it's fun teasing her little one especially when she blows out her cheeks and pouts in the most adorable way possible.

 

“I'm not!” Minjeong crossed her arms and just as Seungwan predicted a pout was resting on her face. “I'm going to tell Mom.”

 

“Well, that's good because we're going to fetch her from the office,” Seungwan ruffled her hair before she reached for a bottle of banana milk in her pocket and gave it to her.

 

“You're the best!” Minjeong exclaimed, grabbing the bottle, and immediately started drinking her favorite drink.

 

“I know right,” She smugly replied as she focused on the road. “I have been meaning to ask about your plans for vacations.” She asked because she picked her daughter up from school on her last day before her winter vacation.

 

Minjeong looked up trying to think to give her mother a suitable answer.

 

“I think we shouldn't let your brain work overtime,” Seungwan shrugged with a laugh. “We'll discuss it with your mom when we get home.”

 

Once she parked the car Seungwan opened her arms allowing Minjeong to climb over before she wrapped them around her torso and walked inside. 

 

It was their off days as well because of vacations but Joohyun had some important work to do, so, she was there to pick her wife up.

 

She decided to lessen the workload because they didn't want to deprive their daughter of a normal childhood. It was the little efforts to spend more time with Minjeong that bore fruit and their daughter was growing up so beautifully.

 

Sometimes it baffles Seungwan how fast the time went by. Just some time ago she got punched by Joohyun inside a hospital room and their daughter came into the world. It was Minjeong's seventh birthday in a week.

 

Suddenly, Seungwan got reminded of the conditions Minjeong was born in. If she had to rank the moments that lead to them having Minjeong, it would take a while. Just thinking about those times makes her shiver.

 

She was sure Minjeong was going to be their first and only child because there was no way at this age she was going to handle a pregnant Joohyun. It was better for both her well-being and sanity.

 

“Mom!” Seungwan chuckled, watching Minjeong rush into Joohyun's arms.

 

“Did mummy behave?”

 

“Hey!”

 

Joohyun laughed and lifted Minjeong in her arms while Seungwan grabbed all of her wife's stuff and made their way toward the car parked outside.

 

“Minjeong honey,” Joohyun called out, looking at her through the mirror. “Is there somewhere you wanna go for vacations?”

 

“Let's stay home mom and celebrate the holidays and birthday here,” Minjeong shared after pondering over her mom's question for a moment.

 

“That would be nice,” Seungwan commented. “If you're not tired then maybe we can go out for dinner and buy decorations.” She suggested.

 

“Yes, mummy!” Minjeong exclaimed happily.

 

Once they got home Joohyun went to the kitchen to prepare something for lunch while Seungwan brainstormed with Minjeong to build their perfect christmas tree.

 

Joohyun went to the room to check on them when she found out Seungwan and Minjeong were all cuddled up in the bed with Minjeong's art pad laying on the bed.

 

She picked it up and went through the ideas her wife and her daughter came up with, a certain picture made her raise her brows and she nodded before her eyes fell on an adorable family portrait drawn by Minjeong.

 

“Babies, wake up,” She put it aside and woke both of them up for lunch.

 

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

 

Joohyun had actually seen a drawing of a puppy in Minjeong's sketchbook and wondered if their daughter would like a furry friend to keep her company. She told Seungwan and the latter was more than happy to get their daughter a puppy.

 

Joohyun had the idea but it was Seungwan who did the rest. She could only look at them from afar because she was scared of animals. In the end, they ended up adopting a labrador retriever that looked like Seungwan.

 

“Do you think she'll like it?” She asked Seungwan once they got home after buying all the necessary things to keep a pet safe and comfortable.

 

“She'll love this Joohyun,” Seungwan replied, giving her a quick peck before they tiptoed around the house to not wake Minjeong up while they prepared her surprise 

 

Minjeong woke up on christmas day when she heard the sound of barking.

 

She rushed outside to see her mummy making him wear a collar.

 

“Mom! Mummy!” She called out rushing towards them as Joohyun lifted her in her arms.

 

“Merry Christmas!” Both of them greeted and kissed their daughter before Seungwan handed the furry creature to Minjeong who took it in her arms with gentle hands.

 

Minjeong snuggled against his head and petted him before she walked over to her mothers who gladly crouched to take kisses from their daughter.

 

“Thank you!” Minjeong exclaimed.

 

“Have you decided on a name?” Joohyun asked.

 

“Gobaru,” Minjeong muttered after thinking for a while.

 

“Like mother, like daughter,” Joohyun sighed because every day Minjeong proved that she was the daughter of Son Seungwan.

 

Her wife had named a plushie manen just because she spent that amount of money on it and now their daughter named her puppy a Chinese dish.

 

She looked to her side to see Seungwan carrying both Minjeong and Gobaru in her arms twirling them around and smiled before joining them.

 

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

 

Seungwan was sitting against the kitchen counter, looking around the house to see the birthday decorations still intact.

 

It was Minjeong's eighth birthday. Their daughter was growing up right before their eyes. It made her emotional. She was proud of herself and Joohyun that their daughter was getting raised in such a loving environment. She felt satisfied that they were able to give Minjeong the life they dreamt of.

 

“Baby,” Joohyun walked over with a piece of cake in her hand as she plopped down beside her. “What's with the face?

 

“Nothing, I just feel a little overwhelmed by my emotions right now,” She whispered, taking Joohyun's hand into hers.

 

“She is growing up,” Joohyun mumbled, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. 

 

Joohyun didn't want to see Seungwan troubled on such a happy day so she put her cake aside and scooped out some icing before she smudged it over Seungwan's nose.

 

She gasped as she turned to face Joohyun only for the latter to smudge some more near her lips and started running around the kitchen counter.

 

“You're done,” She warned and scooped some icing on her finger, following Joohyun to take revenge.

 

In the end, Joohyun ended up with icing all over her cheeks as Seungwan was rolling down on the floor with laughter. She was happy that she made Seungwan feel better and crouched down to see the icing near Seungwan's lips.

 

“You're thinking about it,” She said smugly once she noticed Joohyun looking at her lips to which Joohyun smugly nodded and proceeded to kiss her.

 

“I love you, Joohyun.”

 

“I love you too, Seungwan.”

 

“I love mommies too!”

 

Both of them mentally cursed themselves realising that they still had guests over. Seungwan opened her arms allowing Minjeong to sit comfortably in her lap as Sooyoung and Seulgi watched them from a corner.

 

“How long have you been here?”

 

“Long enough to stop you two from making another one.”

 

“I would rather die than let her have another baby.”

 

“!”

 

“Ouch!”

 

“Mom hit Mummy again!”