Biology class

A Match Made In Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter's at her locker, getting the books that she needed for her next class. She sighed at the thought of seeing her again.

"Minjeong!" She heard her best friend called her name. She turned around just to saw her friend smiling weirdly.

"What?"

"Our next class is biology, right?" Winter rolled her eyes.

"So?"

"Karina will be there."

"So?"

"You know, your long time crush-"

"Stop it Nigning!" She half yelled. Is she really that numb? Can't she see that there's a lot of people here that can hear what she just said? Winter thought.

"Chill Minjeong, I'm just messing around." Ningning laughed at her reaction, Winter scoffed. "Oh by the way, Mr. Williams said that we're having a recitation today." Ningning said while leaning against her locker.

"Oh , I completely forgot about it. I'll probably get zero at his class-"

"Don't act like you can't answer the questions later!" Ningning smacked her head, she groaned.

"Ouch! What was that for?" She whined while touching the part of her head that Ningning smacked. Her friend smiled sheepishly and did a peace sign. She was about to flick her forehead but the bell suddenly rang. Ningning took that chance to run away from her.

"You're a lucky ." Winter mouthed after she looked back at her. Ningning just laughed and continued to run. Winter smiled because of her best friend's dorkiness but remembering she'll see Karina at her next class makes her nervous and makes her heart beat fast.

. What are you doing to me Karina Yu?

-

"Winter." Her bestfriend called for the nth time. She looked at her, irritated because of her childishness.

"What the do you want?"

"Easy there tiger, I just want to say that Karina's looking at us." Hearing her name makes her heart to combust.

"W-what?"

"Omg! You should have seen your face!" Ningning laughed loudly, causing their classmates to looked at the both of them. Winter used her hand to cover Ningning's mouth to stop her from laughing.

"Stop it Ning Yizhou!" Winter whisper yelled. 

"Mwokay, I hwill ishtop." She said against her hand. Winter hastily removed it from her and she bit her bottom lip to stop herself from laughing. Winter glared. 

"But Winter, I'm serious about it."

"Huh?"

"Karina is looking at us. More like she's observing you." Winter looked at her with the 'are you kidding me' look.

"She's also glaring at me. It looks like she's jealous or something."

"Ningning stop this nonsense-"

"I'm not! Look at her and see it yourself." Winter slowly looked at where Karina's sitting, and Ningning was right. She saw Karina looking at her. But after Karina realized that Winter's looking back at her, Karina looked away.

"I told you." Ningning smirked. Winter was about to say something but Mr. Williams suddenly arrived.

"Good morning." He greeted. "We will be having a recitation today." He announced and her classmates groaned. "Quiet class!"

"Let's start this recitation with Ms. Yizhou." Mr. Williams stated, Winter heard her best friend cursed. She can't help but to laugh. Ningning glared at her so she mouthed 'serves you right'. 

"So Ms. Yizhou, what is DNA?" Ningning looked at her, asking for help. Winter giggled.

"What's so funny Ms. Kim?"

"Nothing sir, I'm sorry." Mr. Williams rolled his eyes. How dare he?! Winter thought.

"Ms. Yizhou, answer the question. What is DNA?"

"I'm sorry sir, I forgot." Ningning smiled sheepishly. 

"What? That's a very easy question but you didn't know the answer?! Are you that dumb?!" He shouted and their classmates laughed.

"Ms. Yizhou, stand in the corner and squat until I say so. Got it?" Winter worriedly looked at her bestfriend but Ningning just smiled sadly. Winter's starting to get annoyed at what Mr. Williams did. How dare he shout and made fun of Ningning in front of many people?

"Wait!" Winter interrupted.

"What is it Ms. Kim?"

"I'm going to answer your question on behalf of Ningning." Winter stated and saw Mr. Williams smirked.

"Okay-"

"But promise me that Ningning will be off the hook if I answer your question correctly." She cut him off because she's getting really pissed right at that moment. Ningning looked at her and mouthed thank you. She reciprocated the smile.

"Sure Ms. Kim. Care to explain us what the DNA is?" Winter squinted her eyes before she answered.

"Well, as far as I know, Deoxyribonucleic acid or DNA is a molecule that contains the biological instructions that make each species unique. DNA, along with the instructions it contains, is passed from adult organisms to their offspring during reproduction."

"Good job!" He slowly clapped, she mentally rolled her eyes.

"Can we sit now?" Wint

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter