Missing you

A Match Made In Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina's phone suddenly rang, her ringtone played in the whole classroom. Her classmates and her teacher suddenly looked at Karina. She didn't know whether to flush red with embarrassment because all of their attention is on her or to burst out into tears because she knows who's calling. She saw Ms. Tiffany raised an eyebrow, giving her a questioning look.

"Please turn it off Ms. Yu."

"I'm sorry Ms. but can I please answer it? It's really important. It's Winter." Karina gave her best puppy look in hopes that the professor would let her go answer the call. Ms. Tiffany sighed before she answered.

"Fine. I'm giving you five minutes, now go." As soon as she said that, Karina shot out of her seat calling out a thank you on her way out door. She quickly pressed the answer button with her trembling hands.

"Winter, it's so great to hear from you."

"Hey love, you're supposed to be in your class right?" Winter's beautiful voice comes through the speaker.

"Err yes, but the teacher let me have about five minutes to come out and talk to you." She heard Winter chuckled on the other line.

"You're in Ms. Tiffany's class aren't you?"

"Yeah. Oh god, I miss you. It's great hearing your voice." Karina's voice broke mid-sentence.

"Hey, don't cry. If you start crying, I'll start crying too. But love, I have to go now. I just called you to tell you that I'm free later to Skype you at seven tonight. And I'll find out today if I can go home or not, I'll just tell it to you later. Bye love, I love you so much." Winter spoke quickly and quietly.

"Bye Winter, I l-love you too." Karina stuttered out through her tears, which grew into sobs as soon as she heard a sound indicating that the call was already ended.

It's been almost seven months since she last physically saw, touched, and kissed her lover. Winter and Karina met in their freshman year. Karina being the klutz she is, she tripped infront of the cool and popular girl named Winter Kim. Luckily, before her face hit the ground, Winter was able to catch her and that's basically how it all started. One month later after that incident, the two became close and became the power couple of the school. But on Winter's 22nd birthday, she decided to get enlisted into the army. And a month later, she was shipped overseas. Both of them did talk about taking a break while she was away, but neither of them wanted that. And now, they were in a long distance relationship.

Karina took a lot longer than five minutes that Ms. Tiffany given to her. She maybe took fifteen or twenty minutes before she felt calm enough to go back in the classroom. As soon as Karina opened the door, every head shot in her way, causing her to blush once again.

Before she could make it back to her seat, Ms. Tiffany stopped her and Karina knew for sure she's going to be in trouble for taking too much time.

"So, how is she?" Karina sighed in relief and gave the professor a sad smile.

"Well, she's good. She will find out today when she's coming home and she's going to let me know tonight." She saw Ms. Tiffany smiled.

"That's good. And... how are you?" Karina took a shaky breath before she answered,

"As good as one could be in this situation."

The teacher gave her a sympathetic smile. "If you ever want to talk, my door is always open."

She nodded, thankful that Ms. Tiffany is there, she's like her second mother. The two were close because the professor and her mother were close friends. She took her seat but as soon as she sat down, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter