Goodbye

A Match Made In Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Run Winter!" Karina's voice rang all over the room. Winter looked at her and shook her head with tears cascading down her face.

"No! I won't leave you!" Winter shouted back. With that, Karina immediately ran and went near Winter where she chose to hide.

They can hear gunshots everywhere making Winter let out a yelp coming from her lips. Karina kneeled down and cupped her face between her small hands.

"Please you need to go. I don't want you to be hurt." She whispered so softly that Winter almost melt.

"No Karina, I don't want to leave you here alone." Winter saw her how Karina brushed her hair using her fingers because of frustration.

"I'm not alone, my bodyguards are helping me. And another thing, the policemen are on their way here. So please, run away before it's too late." Karina tried to reassure Winter but it doesn't seem effective.

"No!"

"You don't understand. This place is dangerous, can't you see? They are trying to kill me and I'm scared they will hurt you too so I want you to run away from here. You need to escape!" She whisper-yelled, Winter just shook her head.

"No, I'll stay here with you." Karina sighed because she can clearly hear the determination in Winter's voice. Winter's really frightened but she don't want to leave Karina with this situation.

The both of them were about to walk away from the scene but they suddenly heard footsteps coming on their way. Karina tightened the hold of her girlfriens's hand, trying to calm Winter down. Karina put her pointed finger at her lips, telling Winter to be quiet. She nervously gulped and nodded.

"Are they here?" They heard a manly voice asked which they assumed was one of the people who's trying to kill them. They shivered in fear when they both realized how near they are.

"I don't think so. Come on, let's go at the other side." Another manly voice was heard but the footsteps are fading making them let out a relieved sigh.

Karina pulled Winter's hand and lead her in walking. But then, a man wearing a black clothed mask suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Winter and Karina's eyes widened.

"I found them!" Said the man. Winter heard Karina cursed under her breath then shouted, "Run!"

Karina pulled Winter's hand as they start escaping. They can hear gunshots echoing in the whole room making their heart to beat faster than before. The couple continued running away until the both of them reached the bridge. To their surprise, they saw a black van stopped from the other side making them to stop. They were cornered.

"No.." Karina's hopeless voice rang in Winter's ears making her terrified.

"Kill them!"

Suddenly, everything were in slow motion. Winter heard Karina shouting her name telling her to escape but she can't find her energy to do so. Everything were slowly fading away from her ears and eyes. And before she knew it, Karina was already hugging her, taking the bullets for Winter.

"N-no.." Winter mumbled as she realized what just happened. With her trembling hand, Winter touched Karina's back and feel something wet and warm. Winter slowly lift her hand and saw blood on it. Karina broke the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter