Say I Don’t

Devotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum loves Jonghyun. And Jonghyun loves him more.
So why is he about to let the love of his life marry someone else? 

 

 

 

“I can’t believe this! I can’t believe him! Is he really going to let this wedding happen and not fight for us?” Kibum cried into his hands.

“Kibum! Calm down! You just got your make up done. Now we have to fix it again-“

“Taemin I don’t give two s about my eyeliner right now! I don’t want my makeup done! I want Jonghyun!” Kibum said while childishly stomping his foot. He was having a full blown meltdown. He was being a complete and utter bridezille since the moment he woke up. Funnily enough, Kibum didn’t want to be the bride. Or at least not to the man he was supposed to marry. 

“I don’t want to marry this man.” Kibum said in a shakey voice while his eyes watered more every passing moment. 

At first Taemin was a bit flustered and annoyed with his bridezilla attitude but the hurt in Kibum’s eyes and his voice really reminded Taemin that Kibum really had no choice in the option of getting married.

Kibum’s father ran a prominent company and his father wanted him to marry to another well off family. Another family who also owned a prominent company. Basically, Kibum’s father sold him to make a business. At least that’s how he describes it.

 

An average 9-5 worker like Jonghyun is NOT what his family wanted. At all.

The Kim’s refused to have their names tarnished.

 

Kibum’s fiancé was wealthy, and well educated.

Jonghyun was middle class and held a Highschool education.

 

But he also held Kibum’s heart.

And that was the most important part.

 

“He promised me Tae...” Kibum said allowing a tear to fall.

Kibum had just been with his lover the night before. Jonghyun had promised him he would crash the wedding and whisk him away.

He replayed the conversation the two had in his bed last night.

 

 

 

“I’ll come get you.” 

Kibum looked up at him with big eyes.

“Really?” 

“We’ll make a big spectacle about it! Then-then your family can’t stop you! Everyone will see! The news will spread and t-they’ll have no other option!” He said smiling brightly at him. 

This wedding was a big deal. They Kibum and his fiancé  amd from well known families, there was no doubt some news reporters would be there. 

Kibum pressed their bodies closer.

“Come. Come tomorrow. And if you object, I won’t marry him. I’ll leave that alter and run away with you. I’ll run away with you anywhere. “

He said caressing his face.

“I will.” He responded, leaning in for a kiss.

“Promise?”

“I promise.”

 

 

 

The words of what his lover said to him echoed through his head. It was there last night together before Kibum would be forced to be married off.

He was anxious and started sweating as he subjected to wearing a tight suit as to blend in with the wedding goers.

He was standing outside the church trying not to have a full blown panic attack.

“Jonghyun , I think it’s best if I go in there and tell him you’re here...he’s not doing to good. And neither are you.” A mutual friend of theirs said.

“Hyung , I-I don’t know if I can-“ Jonghyun said gripping Jinki’s arm so that he wouldn’t slither away from him and tell of his arrival.

To be honest, Jonghyun didn’t think he had the balls to do it.

What if marrying a rich man was the best thing for Kibum to do? Of course his parents wanted him to be financially stable, not struggle like he had. It made sense.

Jonghyun wasn’t rich, smart or handsome. 

 

What could he give to Kibum?

 

He swear he fell in love at first sight the day Jinki introduced the two but he knew he was way out of his league. 

So you could imagine his surprise when once they gotten to know each other Kibum confessed to him first. 

How could he refused him? He had already fallen in love with him.

But he couldn’t provide the life that Kibum was used to. He was no business man nor was connected to that community in any kind of way. 

Kibum deserved better.

“You’ll break Kibum’s heart if you don’t go in there after him.” Jinki reminded him.

Jonghyun was trying his best to steady his breathing and tears were forcing their way past his cheeks.

Some wedding goers who were still entering the church started to look at the two. 

Jinki quickly ushered him to the side of the building.

“Jonghyun breath. Relax.” Jinki said to get him to calm down.

Jonghyun started ruffling through his hair and squeezed his eyes . Hoping it was all a bad dream.

The love of his life was going to get married to someone else.

He was too cowardiss to let Kibum know he was there just in case he couldn’t go through with it. He didn’t want to get his hopes up.

“I’m not good for him Hyung...” He whispered.

“And who gets to decide who is good for Kibum? You don’t get to decide that. He does.” 

Jinki said in a stern voice. 

Jonghyun looked at him a bit shocked at his words.

Jinki placed his hands on both side of Jonghyun’s faced, gently cupping his cheeks.

“I know your scared Jonghyun...but so is Kibum. He loves you so much. He told me how he was willing to give up this whole lifestyle for you.”

He knew Kibum’s parents would not hesitate to cut him off from the luxurious lifestyle that he lived he didn’t do what his parents wanted. 

Jinki and  Kibum were part of the same social circle and community. Jinki and Jonghyun met through mutual interest but were far apart from each other when it came to social status. But Jinki didn’t care. Jonghyun was a genuinely good person so of course he had to introduce someone like him to Kibum, who also didn’t care about such things. He thought they could all have a nice friendship. But of course the two blossomed into something more.

“But I can’t take care of him...”

“Yes you can. Your letting everything his family said get to your head.”

Jonghyun had the an unfortunate encounter with Kibum’s family. By pure luck of course!

Let’s just say the encounter didn’t end to well.

 

Jonghyun with a hundred percent aware of what Kibum’s family thought of him. And it put a strain in their relationship and discouraged Jonghyun from pursuing Kibum further than he wanted.

 

“Jonghyun the decision you make today is going to effect yours and Kibum’s life.” 

Jinki said looking him straight in the eye.

“Please. Pick the right one.” He continued.

 

Jonghyun remembered the night Kibum broke the news to him. 

“I’m getting married.” Kibum whispered to him that night. 

He felt like the ground beneath him crumbled. He was sure that was the end of them. But Kibum assured him that he wanted to keep the affair going. 

Today would be the perfect day to reclaim his love and keep him all to himself. He was tired of sharing his love with someone else. 

Yet here he was being a coward.

 

Jonghyun stood frozen still.

“I’m not going to force to do anything you don’t want to do...or that you want to do...” Jinki said.

“Just think about your happiness...Kibum’s happiness...” 

 

 

-

 

 

“Is he ready?” One of the groomsmen asked secretly being let into Kibum’s changing room where he was getting ready.

“Yea, Minho Hyung he is.” Taemin replied in a sad tone. 

Kibum had begged Taemin to keep his changing room locked and refused to let anyone in except for a few acceptances such as his good friend, Minho. 

 

Minho looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter