My Dancing Heart

Devotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum is ready to put himself first, but not without breaking someone's heart along the way.



 

 

 

 

 

"Alright everyone. We’re done for the day.” 

 

Jonghyun decided to call it a night after seeing all his back up dancers sweaty and worn out faces. Their energy was low and the more tired they were the more dance moves they kept messing up. There was just no need to force them to go on when it was clear they needed rest.

Everyone bowed and gathered their things in quick and swift motions. A few making plans to go get a late dinner and some planning to go straight home and sleep. 

Jonghyun told them he would stay behind a little longer to tweak some of the choreography.

He was having a tour. He was gaining more popularity quick with his last comeback and his company decided he needed to go on a world tour to keep the momentum going with his new album. It was big news for his fans and would last for about a month. 

Many things were weighing on his mind when it came to these upcoming concerts and practices. But unfortunately there were a few other things distracting him and making him loose his focus.

 

“Kibum. Could you stay behind for another ten minutes? I need to talk to you.” He asked to one of his backup dancers.

 

Kibum. One of his main back up dancers and assistant choreographers. He was one of the most skilled choreographers and dancer from their company. He had worked with him for years already and he was lucky enough to get paired up with him again for this concert.

 

“Sure.” Kibum responded stiffly. He chit chatted for a few more moments and waved bye to a few of the other dancers and telling them not to wait on him. 

Jonghyun tried to hide his impatience.

But once everyone was out of the room he walked over to shut the practice rooms door and lock it.

He heard a deep sigh come from Kibum and decided to brace himself for this conversation.

He turned around and crossed his arms staring at the assistant choreographer.

“Well?” Jonghyun said. Not even bothering to hide his disappointment in his voice.

“Well what?” Kibum spat back, matching his attitude. He didn’t waver eye contact, knowing Jonghyun was trying to intimidate him. He held his head high with his duffle bag full of his personal items and jacket in his hands. He was tired and these items were weighing him down. But he refused to back down from the singer.

 

“So, I heard you got the job.” Jonghyun said.

Kibum blinked. It took Kibum a few moments to register what he had just said to him. But when he did he felt anger slowly bubbling up from the pits of his stomach.

“What?!” He asked sharply. His fingers tightened around the handles of his duffel bag and he threw his jacket on the floor.

 

“How do you know that?” Kibum hissed.

 

Jonghyun frowned at his demeanor and felt reactive, but tried to hold his composure a little longer.

“I heard some of the dancers talking.” He admitted nonchalantly.

Kibum rolled his eyes. That was the last time he would ever spill a secret to Taemin. Ever again.

 

Kibum closed his eyes, releasing air through his nostrils and gritted teeth before he spoke again.

“It wasn’t meant for you to find out this way…but it’s none of your business at the moment anyway.”

“And why not?” Jonghyun chuckled. But it was clear it wasn’t filled with humor. 

“Because it has nothing to do with you at this time.” Kibum spat.

Jonghyun gave him a pointed look. It has nothing to do with him? It had everything to do with him!

“You work for me don’t you? I make sure you get paid, right?” He said. He sounded cocky and he knew it. And he knew it was going to piss the dancer off. But in the heat of the moment he didn’t care. 

“I make sure you get the best opportunities in this company, right? I always vouch for you!” He said raising his voice making Kibum flinch.

Kibum’s face was blank but he knew that it meant he was only getting angrier. Because Jonghyun was trying to guilt trip him. He didn’t want Kibum to leave the company. Leave him.

He felt betrayed.

“I make sure you’re always credited and always get the best deals, don’t I?”

The wave of emotions were clouding his judgement and he decided to take it a step further.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter