6 days away

Reflection: Her

For a solid minute I stared at my phone, reading and re-reading the email trying to wrap my head around what was happening. Snapping out of it, I sent a screenshot to Minha and clicked the respond button. I tapped my thumb nervously on the side of my phone, thinking of the perfect response, after checking online what time 9 am KST was for me, I tapped out 
"Dear HyunWoo-ssi,

Thank you for reaching out so quickly, I look forward to hearing more about this project at 9 am KST. 

Respectfully, 

Artist y/l/n, y/f/n"

I sighed as I flopped back in my chair after hitting send. All this waiting was causing me anxiety. I decided to go to bed early to stop the anxiety from getting out of hand. I wanted to be alert for the call tomorrow, not exhausted from lack of sleep. 
Right as I crawled into bed my phone lit up with a message from Minha. I decided to ignore it and sleep. 
The next day went by in a blurr of nerves. The closer it got to 9 am KST, the more jittery I became. By the time there were thirty minutes left before the call, I was anxiously pacing in front of my art piece in the small annex, desperately trying to not panic. Mid pace I felt myself being pulled into a judo throw and with a thud I fell on my back. Looking up I saw Minha grinnning over me. "Y/N!STOP WORRYING! The dimple god liked your work enough to bring a BigHit manager here to see it. And HyunWoo-ssi liked it enough to want to talk about a project with you! STOP WORRYING! You are a fantastic artist!" 
"Thanks Minha" I said with a huff, trying to get my breathe back. "Besides," she continued "Namjoon even bought you a gift! He obviously doesn't hate you. REMEMBER THE WINK?!?!?" she said the wink part in a theatrical stage whisper. Giggling she pulled me to my feet "and when you're making molds of BTS for the statue exhibit they're obviously planning, I will be right next to you helping to make of mold of Park Jimin's as-". "THANK YOU MINHA!" I butted in laughing. "They are NOT going to ask me to make statues of the members you nut! And even if they did, you wouldnt be able to handle being that close to Jimin to even get close to getting a mold clossssseeeeeee to his ." By the end of that ridiculous statement we were both giggling madly. 
"I'm glad youre feeling better now!" She grinned at me and winked. "Now lets get you to your closet so you can prepare for this phone call!" 
"Good idea, lets stop by the bathroom first." I replied, looping my arm around hers and exiting the annex. "Hey Minha," I said stopping walking and facing her "thanks for helping me calm down." 
"No problem! Thats what friends are for! That and for sneakily getting molds of Park Jimin's ." She grinned cheekily. 

Ten minutes later I was sitting at my desk deep breathing and waiting for my phone to ring. When it did, I counted to five before answering. 

"Hello. This is y/l/n, y/f/n." 

"Hello y/n-ssi, this is Cho HyunWoo. How are you?" 
"I'm good, thank you, and you?" 
"I am well thank you. I will explain the project, and then I would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Does this sound alright y/n-ssi?" 
"Yes HyunWoo-ssi, I'm excited to hear about the project." I replied, opening my planner and grabbing my favorite pen, ready to take notes. 

"Well then, I am in charge of a project for BigHit Entertainment called "See the Music". With this project we want to collaborate with an artist to create visual art based from songs of BTS. This art will be displayed in a gallery in Seoul before going on the world tour with BTS where it will be displayed in the arenas for concert goers to experience before BTS performs. 
The artist will be provided with a studio and supplies to create the pieces." 
I could feel my eyes go bigger the more HyunWoo-ssi explained the project, it sounded amazing. I could feel my mind start to wander into a daydream, so I shook my head and refocused. 
"BigHit will provide an apartment and a living stipend for the time the artist is creating, as well as promoting the artists name with a world wide gallery tour that is in tandem with the BTS tour. Do you have any questions y/n-ssi?" 
I quietly cleared my throat before replying "Is there a timeline for this project and is there a specific number of pieces needed? Are there any parameters for the art, or a specific art style that BigHit wants? And will there be any collaborations?"
I paused slightly before each question, trying to not get too giddy and excited, because the more HyunWoo-ssi explained, the more I desperately wanted to be a part of this project. 

"Is there a timeline for this project and is there a specific number of pieces needed? Are there any parameters for the art, or a specific art style that BigHit wants? And will there be any collaborations?"

I heard HyunWoo-ssi take a drink before answering. 
"Those are good questions, I will try to answer them a thoroughly as possible y/n-ssi. Yes, there is a timeline for the projects, which is 9 weeks, or 3 months if you prefer. There is also a certain number of pieces needed as well-which is ten, counting your current piece displayed at your current museum, that would be nine pieces. There is not a specific art style wanted, we want people to be able to interact with the art. We picked you for this project because your piece was inspiring and interactive, we hope that you can continue to use your perspective to create more in that style. Any collaborations would need to be approved by the company first because this project is top secret. We will open the art gallery as a pop-up style and do a media blitz in the week before the opening to create interest. The gallery will be open for six weeks before going on the world tour with BTS. So in total it will be 16 weeks of work. We added an extra week to the project in the beginning for you to get inspiration. Does this answer everything for you?" 

"Almost, thank you very much for thoroughly explaining." I replied. "I just have one more question HyunWoo-ssi. Will I be doing this in y/city?" 
HyunWoo-ssi laughed slightly,  "That is a good final question. The studio and gallery are in Seoul. We will fly you here, and as I have already explained, BigHit will provide you an apartment, studio to work in, any supplies needed to create the art and a living stipend for the duration of the 16 weeks." 
My breathe caught, this is such an amazing opportunity! I couldn't believe how lucky I was for even being considered. But 16 weeks in Seoul, what about my job here? I started to chew on my lip nervously. "Th-th-that sounds amazing HyunWoo-ss." I stammered out, my mind going a hundred miles a minute. "We will also talk with your museum director to borrow your artwork and to negotiate a leave of absence from your current job. We understand that BigHit is borrowing you for a time. You would be like an artist on loan, if you will." HyunWoo-ssi explained instantly calming my nerves. 
"We are offering this position to you y/n-ssi, we hope that you will accept the offer." HyunWoo-ssi finished his explanation and offered the final pitch, but I was already sold. How could I NOT be? This was my dream job. Making art about my favorite bands songs?!?!?!?! In SEOUL?? How could this get any better?!?! 

"This is an amazing opportunity, thank you so much for considering me! I would be honored to accept the role." I could feel a huge grin stretch across my face as I accepted the position being offered to me. 
"When would I start?" I asked my final question. 
"You would start next week." I could hear HyunWoo-ssi smile slightly at my gasp of suprise. Next week was 6 days away!