Is that?? Nahhh....

Reflection: Her

"No! I'm sorry!" I frantically apologized, "I should have been paying more attention, I'm sorry if I startled you." I smiled at the man (definitely a man from that deep voice), trying to appease the awkwardness of the situation. Maybe one day I would be able to not scream when startled. Maybe. 
The man softly chuckled "it's ok, really. Now I am officially awake." 
I ducked my head, blushing, why was his laugh attractive?? 
"How can I help you today sir," I asked. "Would you like the day pass or weekend pass?". 
"Just today is fine, I'm only in town for the weekend" the man said. 
"Oh, what brings you to town?" I asked as I typed on the computer, pulling up the payment screen. Just work" the man replied, handing over his card to be swiped. I glanced down at his card as I swiped it and got a very quick glance at the name: "Nam J. Kim". Hmmmm, he mist be korean, I thought idly to myself as I handed the card and receipt back to him. 
"Well, I hope your work goes well, let me grab you a map". I grabbed a map and explained the exhibits to the man, lingering over the last, small exhibit in the annex at the back of the building. "This is a really small piece, but its my favorite" I said circling it on the map "make sure you take a minute to see it". "I'll make sure to do that, thank you for the advice" the man said. 
He walked away and I went back to my placks. 
No more art viewers came thankfully, and I was able to get most of my research and plack writing done by 3 o'clock. Infact, I was so engrossed in my work I had completely forgot about the tall visitor from before. Grabbing my lanyard, I decided to go for a walk around the galleries to do a quick check for trash and to stretch my legs. Putting my well worn lanyard around my neck, I realized I would need to buy a new one soon, I had been using this one since university and the strap that went around my neck was literally being held together by a few very frayed threads, deciding it was to precarious to wear, I took it off deciding to carry it instead. 
Walking around the galleries was always calming and was my favorite way to destress. As I walked around, I picked up small bits of trash people had left-crumbled up maps, empty coffee cups and some snack wrappers-and put them in the trash. Then I made my way to my favorite piece in the very back of the museum, quietly humming "moon" to myself as I walked. As I entered the small annex, I saw a man standing there, staring at the single piece on display, he didn't seem to notice me, so I paused before fully entering the room. "Oops", I thought to myself, "I completely forgot there was still a guest! I seriously hope he didn't hear my humming." Well, even if he did, I'm sure he wouldn't recognize the song, so no worries since I probably butchered it. 
I glanced again at the man, he had removed his hat and mask, and from where I stood, I could now see that he had silvery-blonde hair.
Hmmm, thats interesting, I thought to myself. I quietly cleared my throat and walked into the room, making sure to make a little noise as I walked so that I wouldnt startle him. 
"You're right, it is a good piece" the man said quietly as I came to a stop next to him, quietly admiring the piece as well. It was a standing mirror placed inside a large black crate big enough for a tall man to easily walk into, with a light attached to the top of the mirror, the light shining a soft beam on the person standing in front of the mirror. The piece was entitled "Self-Reflection" and the plack to the side invited the guest to come in and reflect.
"The artist wanted to provide a space for people to see themselves and only themselves" I explained. "Often when you're looking in a mirror, you can see other things around you, your room, and all your life clutter. Its not often you can just see you. The artist wanted to give that space to just simply reflect." 
"Thats very interesting" the man said "you understand the artist very well." I smiled to myself, I should know, I thought. I AM the artist, but I didnt feel confident enough to say that. Instead, I only said "Well, I am a curator here, it's my job to know."