Seoul

Reflection: Her

The next six days passed in a blurr or shopping, packing, cleaning and paperwork. I couldn't ever remember a time I had ever been so busy, nervous, excited and exhausted all at once. My last semester of University might be the closest....but that came with more dread and studying. 

 

Right after I had finished the call with Cho HyunWoo-ssi, he had faxed over the contract documents for me to sign and and scan back to him so my Visa paperwork could be started. It had been 20 pages of thick legal terms and privacy clauses, but I understand the need for privacy. I did NOT want my information out there to the world...especially sasaengs...they would eat me for dinner if they didn't like my work...or thought it matched with the concept...I shuddered just thinking about it. 

There had been a clause in the document giving my permission to have my work filmed and any interactions with the band be allowed to be filmed for their various vlogs and posts. I had been very leery of signing that bit, but I also assumed I would have basically no contact with the group at all, so I didn't think much of it. 

The day before I was supposed to fly out, the head curator helped me pack my art piece in a crate. While we packed she told me "We're so proud of you, y/n. This is such an opportunity for you to grow as an artist! Of course we'll miss you, but your job will be here for you when you return." My eyes welled up with tears. The head curator was in her mid fifties and was like a second mothwr to me. She had been the one to encourage me to display my art and  gave me the place to do. I was really going to miss her. 

-----------------

Minha came with me to the airport, helping me to carry some of my bags. Squishing me into a hug she made me promise to keep in touch. We had already made plans for her to come and visit me when the gallery actually opened and already I couldn't wait to see her again. 

"Bye Minha!" I waved as I pushed the trolley with my bags toward my gate. "I'll miss you!!!" 

"I'll miss you too y/n!" She said frantically waving. "And don't forget to get a mold of Jimin's as-!!" She screamed this across the airport as I turned the corner to go through security. Shaking my head I collapsed onto my trolley in helpless laughter.  

 

The rest of my trip was uneventful. BigHit had sprung for me to fly business class, which was much appreciated by me, I hated being cramped in small spaces, and 16 hours seemed like a long time to be pressed up against a window. 

I was met at Incheon airport by HyunWoo-ssi holding a small sign with my name on it. He helped me load my bags into a van and then drove us toward Seoul. 

I was thankful he was quiet while driving, it gave me time to eat the rest of my snacks and look out the window. It had been a few years since I had last been to Seoul, I could feel the excitement growing.

 

We drove for 2 hours before stopping in front of an apartment complex in Bundang-gu. Getting out of the van I took a moment to look around. It wasn't flashy, but it was peaceful, close to the shopping district and the main subway lines. I couldn't wait to go inside. I followed HyunWoo-ssi into the building, thankful there was an elevator. I only had 4 bags and a backpack, but that was still a lot to lug up a bunch of stairs. He hit the number 8 button and I instantly took that as a good sign. Getting off, he led me to a door at the end of the hall, punching in the keycode, HyunWoo-ssi swung the door open and stepped aside to let me enter. 

I opened the entry way door to a medium sized open room. I could see a bed peeping out from behind a screen next to the window. There was a small sofa, table and two chairs as well. It was clean and would suit me perfectly. I couldn't wait to video call Minha and show her around. 

Turning to HyunWoo-ssi I bowed slightly thanking him for providing such a comfortable place for me to stay. He coughed slightly and with an embarrassed look said "I hope you like blue...the boys decided that would be the perfect accent color for the room." I raised my eyebrows in suprise "The boys?" I asked. "Ah...yes...they were all a little excited for you to come....I believe they all left something here for you to...uh...help you be more comfortable." HyunWoo-ssi rolled his eyes in a long suffering manner....they have a lot of energy, it wasnt worth fighting them...7 against 1 you know." 

I giggled to myself, excited to find the items. 

"Actually, if you don't mind y/n-ssi, I will go out and get some food, and you can clean up. Unfortunately we need to go to BigHit to get your employee badge, sign some more documents and then I will take you to your studio." 

"Of course, thank you for getting food." I replied, reaching for my bag that contained shower supplies. "I can be ready in an hour, is that alright?" 

" Perfect. I will return in an hour." And with a small bow, he was gone. 

Squishing down the urge to explore the apartment, I grabbed my bad of shower supplies mentally thanking Minha for forcing me to bring travel sizes 'just in case'. After taking a quick and refreshing shower I dried my hair with the small hair dryer I found in the bathroom cabinet (thankfully there had been towels too).

Checking the time I ran back to my bags and dug through them until I found the navy blue dress with the spaghetti straps and my favorite white blouse with a sailor collar and neck ribbon. If I was getting an employee badge, there would be a picture, and I didnt want to regret the picture the entire time I was here.  After qickly applying some makeups, I pulled on some white socks with a ruffle on top and started to pack my bag taking items from my travel bag and placing them into aa small purse, making sure to place my new lanyard and card case on top before closing the bag. I finished just in time for HyunWoo-ssi to come back with the food. It was just kimbap, sandwiches and drinks from the CU, but I was starving and gulped it all down in a flash. 

 

Thanking HyunWoo-ssi as we put our shoes on, we quickly got back into the van and headed to BigHit. As we got closer, my nerves started to rise and I started to unconsciously twist my hands in my lap. "Don't worry y/n-ssi, it will be fine. The staffs are all very kind, and you are our guest artist. You have nothing to worry about." 

I found his words comforting and relaxed slightly.

Suddenly a large building came into sight. I gulped quietly to myself as the van pulled into the basement parking. Getting out of the car, I followed HyunWoo-ssi into the elevator. I nervously straightened my dress and hair as we went up. Smiling slightly at me HyunWoo-ssi noting my nerves quietly said "You look very nice y/n-ssi. Just take a deep breathe." And with that the doors opened with a ding.