Bonus Chapter

The Birthday Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bonus Chapter

 

***

 

Bowing to staff around in the set of her drama, Yoona proceed to meet her manager so she could get her bottle of water and phone, as they walk to her van. She's exhausted. They shoot until dawn that she wanted to meet her bed that instant.

 

As she takes her seat, she let out a huge exhale the moment she rested her head back. 

 

"Good job Yoong. You deserve a rest." Her manager said as she stepped inside the van.

 

"Yeah, just one day." She mumbles and sighs in the process. But her eyes opened when she thought of Seohyun. She quickly opened her phone and check their conversation. "Was she that busy that she did not reply to my text?" She just realized her message early in the morning was ignored. Seohyun didn't even read it. 

 

"She's in Jeju, wasn't she?" Manager Unnie asks as she drives the van carefully.

 

"Yes, but she never missed a message from me. I mean-"

 

"You guys talked last night."

 

Yoona chuckled softly. "You really know everything about me, Unnie." it amused her. 

 

"Tsk, you should've told me about you two since then. I love Seohyun too and I'm so happy you both are dating."

 

"Thanks Unnie." She giggles and decided to call the younger girls. It's ringing but much to her dismay, she's not answering. "And now she's not answering."

 

"Yoona, it's 2 am, do you think she's still awake?"

 

"Ah, yeah... but that means..." She pause and pout sadly. "She never thought of me then."

 

Her manager laughs when she noticed her pout. "Don't mind it. She's probably focused on her character for her drama that she doesn't want to get disturb."

 

"Yeah, it seems the case." Yoona closes her phone and put it aside her phone as she throws her head back. It must be childish but her heart aches.

 

"Get some rest, don't overthink it."

 

"Yes." She crossed her arms and later she drifted off to sleep with a heavy heart.

 

***

 

The moment the alarm clock rang, Seohyun groaned and turned her body to the right so she could cuddle with her extra pillow. But the ring just keeps going. She got annoyed and turned it off before going back to sleep. Unfortunately, her phone is ringing and she screamed in frustration.  But as she sit up and read the contact id flashing on the screen, it annoyed her more. She picks it up nonetheless and is laid back while her phone is on her left cheek as she answers it.

 

"Good morning." Her voice sounds hoarse.

 

[You... okay?]

 

"Yes, wae?" 

 

[I mean, your voice sounds-]

 

"I'm fine Im Yoona. Why don't you end this call if you are not going to tell me the reason" She is really not in the mood. 

 

[You sounded like did something bad.]

 

"It's just so early in the morning, Yoona."

 

[You miss every damn call I did last night and you did not even reply to my texts. So It's just normal for me to call you this early. And don't I call you every day for a good morning? Unless you're not really in a good mood today that you are blunt.]

 

"Glad you know I'm not in a good mood."

 

[Wae?]

 

"Because I want to sleep more."

 

[Were you filming all day and night?]

 

"Yes."

 

[Now that makes sense. Aigoo, you worried me for a moment.]

 

She snickers as she continues to cuddle with her extra pillow and her eyes are closed. "So... let's talk later. I need more sleep."

 

[Okay. Aigoo, me too though. I haven't had enough sleep.]

 

She didn't hesitate and ended the call, tossing her phone on the side of her bed. It wasn't and she returned to her dreamland. 

 

=

 

Meanwhile, Yoona who wanted to return to sleep as well couldn't do it, especially when her manager sent her a link to an article. Her eyes doubled when she reads the title 'Actress Seo Joohyun tested positive with corona, all her activities for coming weeks are halted.'

 

"Is this why she was so cold earlier?" She almost drops her phone as her heart beats faster while she's shaking. She hastily calls her back but once again, she's not answering. "Aish. So she's sick. Why didn't she tell me?" It seriously upsets her yet she's worried for her knowing she's alone there and no one's probably sending her food.

 

But the thought of her manager crossed her mind, which made her call her instead. 

 

"Unnie."

 

[Oh, Yoona-ah.]

 

"You're with Seohyun, right?"

 

[Um, yup. Wae?]

 

"I already know about her being sick so please don't lie to me."

 

[Chincha? Hehe, I'm sorry I couldn't tell you. She ordered me not to. Also, She's in isolation right now. I can only send her food by the door. Didn't you talk to her on the phone?]

 

"We did for only a minute. She sounds really sick that she's not in a good mood. Aish. I feel so bad."

 

[We all are. But we know how strong Seohyun is. She will recover fast, don't worry.]

 

"I know but... I think it's not only because of that she's not answering my calls nor she's replying to my text." She let out a huge exhale, pouting sadly while staring at Seohyun's wall photo in her apartment. "She always shares with me if she's sick though but I understand that she doesn't want me to get the disease that she keeps it. However, I feel like there's something more. I mean, the way she talk to me earlier... it was so straightforward and cold. I feel like pierce my heart."

 

[Chincha? That's weird. She never shared anything about you these past weeks... I mean, when she's upset with you she always shares it with me but this time, she never did.]

 

"Aigoo, can I just ask for a favor then, Unnie?"

 

[What is it?]

 

"I'd like to send her food and flowers. I'll order it online there in Jeju and kindly send it to her."

 

[Sure.]

 

"Okay, thanks, Unnie. Tell her also to get well soon. And I can't wait to see her again." She halfheartedly added.

 

[I will definitely do that. See you soon too, Yoona.]

 

"Yes." Ending the call, Yoona let out another loud exhale as she crossed her arms. "What's wrong with you?" She sends glares to Seohyun's photo. "I'm supposed to be resting right now but you're making me overthink and worry right now. Tsk, bad girl." 

 

***

 

Making her way out of the bathroom, Seohyun headed out of the room and proceed to the kitchen. But before she can make her own meal, she heard a doorbell that cause her to change her mind. She grabs her face mask and wears it as she thinks of her manager immediately as she jog, jogging towards the door, and opens the door slightly only. 

 

"Unnie?" She peeks to see her.

 

"How are you feeling right now, Hyun?"

 

"I'm good, just a little cough." She answered with a bright smile. She unlocks the chain and opens the door wide when she realized she's holding two plastic bags. 

 

"Yeah, you do look better today than yesterday." Her manager smiled behind her face mask. "Anyway, Yoona send these foods to you after learning about it." and she handed them in the process.

 

Seohyun sighs and doesn't have a choice but to accept it. "Thanks, Unnie."

 

"By the way, she's concerned whether you are upset with something about her. Did you guys fight?"

 

"What? Of course not."

 

"Then why didn't you answer her calls?"

 

"Tsk, I knew she would ask you. Tell her I will only talk to her if she figures it out. Thanks for this again, Unnie." Bowing briefly to her manager, Seohyun put the bags down first before closing the door and returning to the living room. As she place them on top of the coffee table, she realized a note was on top of it. She casually picks it up and reads the text.

 

Get well the soonest, baby. ^^

I know you can recover fast! Fighting!

 

P.S. I miss you so much. I can't wait to see you again.

- Yoona♥

 

"Aish." She crumpled it and open the box just for her to close her eyes and smell the fried chicken's addictive smell. "Gosh, just like I was craving for." then as she opens the other box from the plastic bag, pink roses greeted her eyes which made her heart flutter. However, she was reminded by that post again and she close it back. She pushes the roses far and pulls the food close to her. "If she misses me, she has to figure out the reason I'm upset with her." she mumbles before taking a big bite.

 

***

 

"What?! How would I know that when I only meet her once this month." Yoona is literally surprised and felt frustrated when she heard from Manager Unnie. Her chocolate drink almost slips from her grip.

 

[I know right? You probably did something and she knows about it and then gets upset.]

 

"Huh? What is it?" She totally has no clue.

 

[That's not my problem, Im Yoona. Go figure it out otherwise, you're no longer seeing her nor talking to her.]

 

The call ended and Yoona groaned. "She's giving me headaches on my rest day. Aish." She kicks the floor but quickly realizes that the drink is spilling. She took some sips before she relaxed and look up to the sky, helplessly. "What did I do this past?" She sighs heavily.

 

-

 

Grabbing a seat on her balcony, Yoona place the paper and pen on the table and she started to think about the possible reasons Seohyun is upset with her.

 

"Was it because before she leave for Jeju I missed having breakfast with her?" She remembers skipping breakfast because she was in a hurry even though Seohyun called her to eat with her. She wrote it down and then another incident also comes to her mind; 

 

"Why are you so laaaateeee!!! I told you I can't make it tomorrow nor in the coming daaaysss!!!"

 

She shakes her head when she thought of Seohyun angrily pulling her ear because she came only fifteen minutes late for their movie date. "Aish, that can't be but who knows." She decided to write it down as well. After writing it down, she pauses and thinks once again until another thing comes to mind. "Omo, I didn't buy the new book from her favorite author. Yeah, I haven't really bought it." She wrote it down and put 'A must' on it. 

 

"Ugh, these three must be the reason?" She leaned back and decided to think again. "Wait... was it because the day she left for Jeju, she went to the airport alone with her manager which is supposedly I am going to drop her off?" she got another idea and wrote them down in an instant. 

 

Getting up, she started walking back and forth while thinking for more reasons, and then she stops when she remembers one of their conversations through the phone call.

 

"Oh, Seohyun-ah. Hehe." She was drunk in a restaurant with her manager when Seohyun called.

 

[Yah, you drink? I thought you have-]

 

"I miss you so mush baby... pweash comeback to baby Yoongie." she cut her off while snickering. "I mean, a month of not seeing you... ish really... really... really... lonely.... if only my filming will be there too."

 

[Aish! Get yourself together! You did not even call me early in the morning and you're complaining that you miss me? You deserve it!]

 

"Chincha?" She pouted cutely. "My heart is... breaking." she punch her chest a few times and childishly started crying.

 

[I'm so disappointed with you. I thought you won't drink anymore but here you are. Aish. I don't know about you. Just drink and keep missing me choding! You're just giving headaches to your manager. Tsk.]

 

"What? Of course not. I mean." She pauses and looks at her manager. The latter scoffed at her. "She's fine hehehe. I'm showy now, okay? I won't do this again... I'm just really, really, really missing my other half. Hehehe. So please, come back shooooooon."

 

[Yeah, next month.] 

 

And the call ended.

 

-

 

Yoona shakes her head and wrote down 'I'm drunk' on the paper. "I guess this is really the reason."

 

***

 

(The next day...)

 

"WHAT?" 

 

The car screeched the moment Manager Unnie heard Yoona's voice from the backseat. She scoffs and continues to focus on the road.

 

"All of it isn't the reasons? Seriously what the heck is she playing?" The doe-eyed is getting frustrated. "Aish." She ended the call with a huge exhale as she throw her head back. 

 

"She's not still talking to you, wasn't she?"

 

"Yes, Unnie. I tried a hundred times yesterday. And now she told her manager that none of it was the reason but ask me to send food while she's on isolation."

 

Her manager laughs. "What a bad girl. But at least you get to send her food while she's sulking."

 

"But she warns me if I don't get it right, we'll never talk ever." Yoona groaned and ruffle her hair in frustration.

 

"Yah, don't mess your hair. You just got it done." 

 

"I don't even know if I'm going to focus on the filming later. She's really giving me a reason to think of her more right now."

 

"Tsk, I know you're professional. Let's focus on the work, okay? You can think of it later." Her manager knows her very well and she chuckled in response.

 

"I just hope she won't go far and break up with me, because it doesn't make sense."

 

"Then go think of it deeply. I think it really hurt her much that she's acting like this. Seohyun can be really so serious when she's hurt."

 

Yoona was hit right on the stop. "Yeah, why am I thinking like she's just playing with me when she's obviously hurt with what I did... Aigoo, I really just want to fly there and talk to her so I could apologize at the same time."

 

"Well, you have 2 weeks to think about this game she gives to you. But make you get it before then, otherwise, she will really break up with you." 

 

"Oh please, no, Unnie. I won't take it if she does. We've been together for years yet we will only break up like this? It's totally absurd!" She grabs her phone and a pen tool so she could start thinking again while they were on the road to her filming site.

 

***

 

"Aish, it's getting boring." Seohyun throws the remote control as she got up and walk to the balcony. She felt depressed that she can't go out for 2 weeks. It's only been 3 days but she's already feeling tired from not doing anything. And even though her cough has disappeared, she has to stay inside the apartment her agency rented for her to stay in. She misses going out there, filming while enjoying the scenery of Jeju. She's like a prisoner in a beautiful place, she's insulted yet she blames herself for being careful, even though she had vitamins every day, it's still hard to be extra careful.

 

Heavily sighing, she took her seat and crossed her arms, closing her eyes as she enjoys the wind. Her heart feels heavier though, the moment she thought of Yoona and what she did. It annoys her so much that instead of relaxing, her hands curled into a fist and she grits her teeth out of anger. " her." She opened her eyes back, punching her chest a few times to ease the pain. And as much as she wants to hold back her tears, it falls eventually. Then she started whimpering as she cries her heart out. She hates her so much that she just wants to stay in Jeju forever.

 

***

 

After another failed attempt to guess the right reason, Yoona dropped her head to the coffee table while pouting sadly. She felt like giving up already. She has listed everything already, she has nothing left. It feels harder than an exam in school.

 

Composing herself, she decided to call her manager again after a few minutes.

 

"Unnie." She lifelessly speaks once the latter answers. 

 

[Oh, you're still awake, Yoong?]

 

"I'm giving up on this. Tell her to do whatever she wants and I won't guess anymore. And tell her my apologies for whatever reason I hurt her."

 

[Yoona, I feel you. I'm exhausted as well. But hopefully, this won't result in something worse.]

 

Yoona chuckled bitterly. "Don't worry, she was just really depressed right now that she's playing with me. Once she's fine going out again, I think she'll be back to her old safe. Anyway, just keep me up to date with her condition. Thank you, Unnie."

 

[No probs and don't worry I'll tell her your message. Good night.]

 

"Good night to you too, Unnie." Yoona said ended the call, tossing her phone on the coffee table before she cuddles the pillow on the sofa and easily fell asleep.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter