Final 3.3

The Birthday Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final 3.3

 

***

 

After making sure Seohyun won't ever wake up, Yoona slowly stepped out of the bed and pick up her phone. She checked on her girlfriend one last time before she opens her phone and look for Inwoo's number. She found it in no time and copied the number to her own phone.

 

When she was done, she placed Seohyun's phone back on the desk and walked out of the bedroom. She calls a detective friend and wasn't surprised that he answered right away.

 

[Isn't it almost midnight, Yoong?]

 

"I know but Oppa, I need some help." She replied, taking her seat on the couch.

 

[Are you in danger right now?] Sukko gasped on the next line.

 

"No, I mean, I just need a favor about Na Inwoo."

 

Sukko sighs in relief. [Na Inwoo? Isn't this an actor?]

 

"Yes, Oppa. Um, I need to know about him. His profile, where did he live, he hangs out, or does he has any criminal record?"

 

[Why are you interested in him? Wait, he's working with Seohyun, right?]

 

"Yes. And He actually did something that hurt her." Yoona exhales so loud as he got up and walks to the kitchen in Seohyun's apartment and open the cabinet to grab the mug.

 

[What?! Why would he do that to our Seohyun?] Sokku got pissed in an instant. He knows her since Yoona introduced her to him during their college years.

 

"He likes her, Oppa. And... Aigoo, I bet I should tell you now too." She said as she the coffee maker.

 

[What do you mean?]

 

"I and Seohyun are dating Oppa and he didn't like it." 

 

[Omo you are? Yah, how did she develop feelings for you? Seriously since when, Im Yoona?]

 

"Aish, I know you will react that way." She chuckled softly. "Since graduation day to be honest. But we hid it from everyone. So please keep it to yourself as well."

 

[Even your parents don't know about this?]

 

"Not even Seohyun's." She mumbled and casually took the hot coffee. "So are you going to help me or what?"

 

[Aish, so this Inwoo hurt Seohyun because you're dating her? What kind of a guy is that? Can't he accept it?]

 

"I know right? He's pathetic. So?"

 

[What kind of help?] 

 

Taking her seat on the sofa, Yoona took a sip and continued, "Just like I said, run a profile on him." she chuckled when she remembers she already mentioned it in the beginning.

 

[Okay, give me some time.]

 

While waiting, she opened the tv and enjoy some brown coffee. It only took fifteen minutes when Sukko returned to his conversation with her.

 

[He's living in a multi-billion penthouse in Incheon eh? and also his parents own barbecue restaurants around Seoul. His siblings graduated with a degree course of law. Looks like he's the only one in the family that didn't take that path. Since he started his career as an actor, he gained a lot of endorsements and that's the reason he owned that penthouse.]

 

"Damn, he's richer than I thought."

 

[He has no criminal records of course. But how are you going to take revenge on him?] Sukko is curious. He knows the doe-eyed, if she wants to do it, he can't stop her.

 

"It's on me. Um, can you also tell me which places he usually go?"

 

[Yah, the police is not dispatch unless he do something, we'll definitely know his whereabouts.]

 

"Should I ask dispatch them?"

 

[Isn't that weird? They would feel suspicious.]

 

Yoona chuckled softly. "Indeed. I'll do it myself then or hire someone to stalk him. Thanks, Oppa."

 

[Yah, be careful.]

 

"Yes, thank you again, Oppa." She said and ended the call. A smirk formed her lips as she sips on her coffee.

 

***
 

Days later~ 

 

Inwoo who just returned to his place from a jog around his neighborhood, got surprised when he was welcomed by the door covered with police line tape.
 

"Who the heck did this?" He began to take them out, but since there are many and it sticks so well, he's having hard time. Fifteen minutes later, he is still far from taking them all off. "Aish!" He got frustrated and kicked the door.

 

"Omo, did something happened?" His manager came, surprised as well.
 

"Some idiots got nothing to do, Hyung." Inwoo replied and tried to take them off again.

 

"Who?" 
 

"I don't know but can you help me?" 
 

"Of-of course." His manager hastily helps him with the police line tapes. "Why does it stick so much?" and even he complained about it.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona who is in her van received a notif that links her to the live cctv feed of Inwoo's penthouse. She got excited and quickly taps it. "Serves you there." she snickers, watching him on her phone. She laughs when Inwoo suddenly kicks the door a few times. "Can't they take it off before sunset?" she wonders. She sticks all those police line tapes with the help of Sukko before he even arrives. "How long he had been there?" She grabs her bag of potato chips and began to enjoy it while watching the struggle of someone that hurt her lover. 

 

4 hours later, Inwoo had a big exhale of his life once got access to the door in his penthouse. He felt like his hands are burning after all that he went through. He went inside and plopped onto the sofa with another huge exhale.

 

"Should I order you food?"

 

"Yes, please. Order a lot, hyung." He said lazily to his manager before he close his eyes and fell asleep a few minutes later. 

 

***

 

Seohyun came out of her bedroom excitedly when she heard the doorbell and greeted Yoona with a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek.

 

"Dukkbokki?" Yoona grinned as soon as she let go.

 

"Whoa, a bucket of my favorite?" She was amazed and quickly took it. She returned inside as Yoona follows her. "Chessy Dukkbokki? Thank you, baby." she said with big grins. She didn't waste a second and began to dig into it in her living room.

 

Yoona smiled in satisfaction as she took her seat on the sofa while the younger is on the floor, enjoying the food. She felt so great since she ended her schedule that she decided to bring her girlfriend her favorite food. Inwoo's struggle however was a bonus part of it.

 

"But you aren't like this always, Yoongie. What happened and you are feeling good right now?" Seohyun finally broke her silence as she looked at her girlfriend from the back.

 

"Let's just say, I did something amazing." said Yoona as she pick up the remaining chopsticks and took her seat on the floor next to her.

 

"Eh? besides your cf schedule today?" She raised her eyebrows in curiosity.

 

"Yep." A big meaningful smile plastered Yoona's face before she took a bite of their food. She the tv screen casually and opened the can of soda for her girlfriend and herself.

 

"Whatever is that... congratulations then." Said Seohyun, making a toast with the door.

 

"Thank you." Yoona giggles as she and her sip on their sodas.

 

"Ugh, dukkbokki are really the best." Seohyun exclaimed and resumed on it.

 

Yoona casually wipes her cheek when she saw chess on it. "And you're the best eater." She claimed earning sweet yet childish smiles from the younger. 

 

"Staying tonight, baby?"

 

"Absolutely." 

 

"Yay!" Seohyun kissed her on the cheek as a response to her sweet gestures. 

 

Yoona scoffed in disbelief. "As if I don't stay over a lot in your apartment." She said as a matter of fact.

 

"Well, you don't usually stay after a long schedule. I mean, you were out there since five in the morning."

 

"Yeah, but it's not all the time."

 

"I know. That's what I love you the most." Seohyun let out a chuckle and this time she received a peck on her cheek, causing her to giggle with the doe-eyed.

 

"By the way, my birthday is coming and I decided to adjust it so we can have a dinner date." Yoona informed before she can forget it.

 

"Omo, chincha? That's great news!" Seohyun got more excited upon hearing it. She already planned a new dinner for them and it maybe means she's changing the date of the celebration. "Let's me be the one planning for it, Hmm?"

 

"Do you... have something in mind?" Yoona creased her eyebrows. It surprised her that the younger immediately offers.

 

"Absolutely. It will be the most memorable birthday of yours."

 

"Not something steamy?" Yoona wiggles her eyebrows as she .

 

Seohyun hit her arm. "I'm not like that."

 

"I know, I'm just kidding." 

 

"I'm telling you, you won't regret changing your schedule."

 

Yoona chuckled. "Let's see it then." It amazed her how confident her girlfriend is but it just excites her more. They usually spend her birthday at home so she's thinking it might be outside this time. To think, their supposed dinner after Baeksang was canceled, she probably still want to do that and this time, on her birthday.

 

****

 

As soon as Inwoo's van left, Yoona followed it, driving her own car. Her schedule is in the afternoon so she has so much time to do her next move, wearing a baseball cap and sweat pants, and shirt. She followed him until he reach a certain gym. She immediately asks Sukko to hack the CCTV in the building so as she enters, she won't be seen. 

 

Inwoo left the locker room in thirty minutes giving her the time to step in and look for his locker. There's a name so it's easy for her to find it. 

 

Since the room is empty, she hastily put a lot of glue inside the padlock. She made sure there's a lot of it so the key won't be inserted once he returns. Satisfied, she casually just left the room and took a glance at Inwoo before heading out.

 

-

 

After hours, Inwoo returned to the locker room only to realize the key won't make it inside the hole. 

 

"What the?" So he take a closer look and found there was blocking it. "Glue?" And he tried to take them but it was already too hard to get them. "Aish!" he stomps his feet in frustration but tried his best again only to give up and walk out to look for the owner of the gym.

 

Yoona in her car is laughing so hard watching Inwoo's mad face and all of his frustrations. She loves to see it and was satisfied with it.

 

*** 

 

For the second time since yesterday, Yoona brought food for Seohyun but this time, not in her apartment but in her filming site. Before she goes to her schedule, she decided to bring a food cart not only for her but for the cast as well. She however especially made the food for her.

 

"You're doing fine, aren't you?" ask Seohyun after taking a bite of her food in her van.

 

"Of course, why are you asking that?" Yoona asked back, taking a photo of her first because the younger is wearing a hanbok. She doesn't want to miss it.

 

"I mean, last night you brought me food in my apartment, and now you're visiting my filming site."

 

"What?" Yoona laughs in amusement. "I haven't done this before?" And she questioned.

 

Seohyun ponders before she replied, "I think once. When you won the Best Actress Award. You couldn't contain your happiness that you keep visiting me." she giggles, remembering how adorable her girlfriend.

 

"See? It's just the same. I'm really so happy lately."

 

"Even after what happened?" She gasped.

 

"I told you let's forget about it anymore. What's important is he's not doing anything anymore." Yoona reminded again.

 

Seohyun nodded. "Okay. So this must be because your birthday is just around the corner, right?" And she guesses, flashing a grin.

 

"Hmm, maybe?" Yoona giggles, picking up a kimbap and feeding her girlfriend in the process.

 

"Why aren't you eating?" asked the younger as she enjoyed munching.

 

"I already grab my lunch earlier." 

 

"Chincha? But it wasn't yet lunchtime by then."

 

"I know but I will be going straight to my photoshoot later, so I decided to eat early." Yoona explained but took a bite of the fish cake.

 

"You made this didn't you?"

 

"How'd you know?" She pretended to be shocked.

 

Seohyun laughs sarcastically. "I already know your cooking, baby. Tsk. And it's the best taste always."

 

"Thanks, my love." Yoona giggled and pecked on her lips a few times before they giggle and end up feeding her until she finished them all. "Let's take a picture." And before she let her return to the filming, she requested.

 

"Of course." Seohyun happily allowed. She moved closer until there was no space between them and smiled so bright as they took a selfie together. 

 

"Have a safe and enjoyable filming, Seohyun." Yoona said as they hug.

 

"You too, Im Yoona." Seohyun replied playfully. They pulled back and shared a sweet kiss before she casually stepped out of the van.

 

***

 

It's late but Yoona is still outside her girlfriend's apartment building, waiting for her to arrive. She called her earlier so that she will be home before midnight. So she decided to wait for her outside until she arrives.

 

It's spring but it's still cold whenever it's nighttime, but it didn't falter the doe-eyed. Her immune system is better than anyone else. 

 

An hour has passed, and she finally found the van making its way slowly to the parking lot in front of the building. She jogs towards it and opens the door for her. 

 

"Yoona? Whoa, it's almost midnight." Her manager is surprised to see her.

 

"I'm not yet sleepy, Unnie." She bowed at her and help her girlfriend with her stuff as she stepped out of the van.

 

"Have a good night you too." Manager Unnie said before she drives off carefully.

 

Yoona put the bag down first as she pulled Seohyun for a comforting hug, knowing she was exhausted. 

 

Seohyun sighs as she wrapped her arms around her. "I really need this tonight." she softly says as she smiled weakly.

 

"Let's recharge you for five minutes until you're fully 100%." Yoona whispered, keeping her arms around her girlfriend. Her heart is fluttering as always whenever she's in her arms.

 

"Okay." Said the younger, closing her eyes as she rested her head on the doe-eyed's shoulder. Her heart is warming up which is slowly giving her strength again.

 

"How's your day?"

 

"As usual, stressful yet enjoyable."

 

"All actors are treating you well?"

 

"Yup, especially the male lead, Kim Nam Gil."

 

Yoona smiled, happy to hear it. "He's really a kind person." She's glad the male actor isn't like Inwoo. But she had been hearing good things about Nam Gil so she's fine with it.

 

"He's an A-list for a reason." Seohyun softly replied. "But my girlfriend is better A-list actor."

 

"Don't flatter me." Yoona giggles lightly.

 

"I'm telling you the truth."

 

"Okay, thank you, baby Seohyun."

 

Opening her eyes back, Seohyun sighs. "I wonder when are we going to work on a project together?"

 

"Never."

 

"Why not?" She pulled back gently without letting go of her. "I mean-"

 

"If they learn we're dating, then it would be really shocking news and the drama or movie will be canceled." Yoona cut her off. She now understands her girlfriend well about keeping their relationship after what Inwoo did to her.

 

"Okay, as you say so. But it would be nice too." Seohyun giggles, hugging her full once again.

 

"Aigoo, I wish that would happen someday too and people won't be suspicious of us." Yoona replied as she squeeze her and giggle.

 

"Is five minutes up?"

 

"Not yet." She check her wristwatch and there are only three minutes had passed. "You're still at seventy percent."

 

"How sure are you?"

 

"So sure that I don't want to end this yet."

 

Seohyun let out a chuckle. "Okay, I don't think the time is up too." she closes her eyes again and sighs in contentment.

 

They got quiet and they used it until the five minutes hug ended. They kissed briefly and head inside the apartment, hand in hand. 

 

"Want some Japanese ramen, baby?" ask Yoona as they stepped into the lift.

 

"Omo, you're cooking it?" And Seohyun got excited. Her stomach just eventually grumbled when she heard it.

 

"Of course. You're my favorite person either way."

 

"Yay! Thank you, baby."

 

"Only for you." Yoona pinched her cheek lightly as she smiled sweetly, earning her cute giggles.

 

***

 

A week later~ 

 

While waiting for her turn in the dressing room, Seohyun is enjoying some pizza and music, that's filling up the entire room. It was peaceful at first until her phone chimed which brought her attention to it. 

 

"What the heck?" She didn't expect to read Inwoo's message;

 

Are you getting back to me? This is the fifth time!

 

"Who the heck is he talking about?"

 

You're wrong number, Inwoo.

Inwoo: This i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter