Birthday Date pt. 2 [1/4]

The Birthday Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1/3: Stay hidden

 

***

 

Feeling lightheaded, Yoona slowly blink her eyes and close them again for a couple of minutes as she winced in pain with her head throbbing. She slowly open them again and take her time to slowly blink them until she got comfortable. She sighs, looking up to the ceiling while unconsciously remembering her birthday date with her girlfriend. 

 

Her dry lips curved into a big smile when their kisses, hugs, and their fun on the yacht come to mind. It was like the best night ever. She flutters and blushed.

 

"Ah!" But once again winced in pain as her headache gets even worse. She slowly pushed herself out of the bed and lazily walk to the bathroom. She opened the cabinet and look for that medicine kit. "Where did she put it?" She wonders because she can't find it. Opening the other cabinets, it's still nowhere to be found.

 

"Oh! You're awake. What are you looking for?" Seohyun asked as she approached her to the bathroom after placing the tray of hangover soup on the nightstand.

 

"I'm having headaches, baby. Where's my medicine kit?" ask Yoona with a hoarse voice.

 

"Oh, I place it in the drawers." Said Seohyun, walking back to the nightstand.

 

"Did you use it last night?" The doe-eyed followed her, wondering.

 

"You don't remember?" Seohyun raised her eyebrows briefly as she look for the pill for her headache.

 

"Wae? What happened?" Yoona innocently asked.

 

"You really don't remember?"

 

"What would... I remember? I mean, I only remember our date, baby."

 

Seohyun is agape and speechless for a couple of seconds before she snapped out of her headache. "Just take the pill first." And handed it to her with a glass of water. "You might remember if your headache disappears."

 

Yoona smiled briefly and complied. "I drink too much wine last night, didn't I?" she asks as she handed the glass back.

 

"Obviously." Seohyun chuckled. "And a lot of things happened since you got drunk." she can't resist and pinched her cheek a bit hard out of frustration.

 

"Ah!" Yoona winced. "That does mean I did something horrible?" she pouted while rubbing her cheek.

 

"You did. From shouting inside the car to telling everyone in the hallway that you're so happy. You also kiss me a lot of times." Shares Seohyun, reaching for the tray and placing it on the bed between them.

 

"Tell me more." Yoona took the spoon and casually took a bite of the soup. 

 

"Our parents... " Seohyun couldn't continue as she watched her.

 

"Hmm?" 

 

"They caught us kissing." 

 

Yoona's eyes literally went large and she hastily put the spoon down. "What did they say?" Her heart just started pounding.

 

Sighing, Seohyun started recalling the night before.

 

Flashback...

 

"Wha... what just happened?" Mr. Seo asks as he keeps looking back and forth between Yoona and his daughter, trying to process what he saw together with his wife and Yoona's parents. It was like a scene from a movie or something but it hits different.

 

"You girls... " And Mr. Im also started to process while his wife went to their daughter's side.

 

Seohyun smiled sheepishly, looking down at her feet while trying to think of anything to say. She's like in a hot seat at the moment. Her mother didn't ask anything but with her eyes right now, she can feel how she wants her to explain it. 

 

"Seohyun, where did you guys go? Yoona's too drunk." Mrs. Im asks as she helps her daughter up and her husband immediately approaches them to take their daughter to the sofa. 

 

Looking up, Seohyun was about to speak when her mother beat her.

 

"When did you two start dating?" Her mother's voice is as cold as ice which immediately sends chills down her spine.

 

"I... I..." She couldn't come up with an answer as she looked down again, uncontrollably shaking.

 

"You girls had been friends since high school, did it start there?" Mr. Seo additionally asked.

 

"Yah! Speak Seo Joohyun!" yelled Mrs. Seo in annoyance. She and her husband had been away from their daughter since she started acting and feels like she missed her whole life now that they know about them.

 

"It started in our graduation, I-I mean... we-we're friends... a-and... develop feelings for each other." Seohyun stammers as she tries to explain. She hastily dropped to her knees, rubs her palms, and apologized. "I'm so sorry for not telling you this. I'm so sorry. We didn't mean to keep this, Appa, Omma. I'm really so sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Im too. I'm so sorry. Please, forgive me and Yoona." she shakily said while her tears are dropping unconsciously.

 

Her parents and Yoona's scoffs at the same time. 

 

"Does anyone know about this?" But Mr. Im is concerned, considering they're both actresses. 

 

Seohyun shakes her head as she wipes her tears off. 

 

"You deceive us." Mrs. Im however is more upset. "How could you keep this from us?!" she yelled furiously.

 

"Right, we're your parents but you guys have to do this to us?" Mrs. Seo is in disbelief. "We should've known before you guys even do the same job."

 

"Don't date Yoona anymore." Mr. Seo suddenly announced that taking everyone by surprise. "From now on, you and her and over!" He added firmly as he reached for his daughter's arm and pull her up. "And you're not seeing her anymore." He ended it and started dragging her out of the apartment.

 

"Appa!" Seohyun exclaimed as she struggles while her mother is glaring at her from the back. She looked down when she saw Mr. and Mrs. Im's eyes are on her before the door closes before her and her parents. She hastily yanks her father's grip and runs to the lift.

 

"Yah! Seo Joohyun!" Mr. and Mrs. Seo chases her but the lift closes before they could even get inside.

 

Taking a deep breath and slowly exhaling, she can't hold the heaviness in her chest as she crouched down and broke down into a tremendous cry.

 

End Of flashback...

 

Yoona slowly looked down to the soup, couldn't believe what she heard from Seohyun. Her chest tightens and she felt ashamed that she wasn't there by her girlfriend's side to explain everything. 

 

"I'm sorry." and she felt like she needed to tell her. "It was my fault." she muttered and began to hit her head. "I'm so stupid. I'm so stupid."

 

"Yah, it's not." Seohyun tried to stop her until she got a hold of her wrists that stop her. "It wasn't, okay? It's no one's." 

 

Yoona shakes her head. "How can you say that when I was-"

 

"Listen, I thought that was actually meant to be. We can't hide it from them forever you know."

 

"But because of that, your parents don't like me anymore. I don't even know if they like me since High school though."

 

Seohyun cupped the doe-eyed's face. "But they can't stop us." she whispered seriously. "They don't like you then so be it. I don't care."

 

Yoona is amazed that it got her speechless. Staring at her determined face just gives her goosebumps. She hasn't seen this side of her and it's making her flutter. "Right." And she agrees with her. "I won't ever let them separate us. Not even my parents as well." 

 

"So let's not get worried, okay?"

 

"Yes." 

 

Seohyun smiled and capture her lips gently. The doe-eyed responded in an instant and they kiss fervently until they heard the alarm clock ring. They pulled back and giggle.

 

"Finish your hangover soup." 

 

"Have you eaten?" ask Yoona as she took the spoon back.

 

"I did. Oh, before I forgot." Seohyun was reminded of the gift she was supposed to give last night too. She gets up and walk to the closet to get the paper bag. She returned it to her and hand it. "I'm sure you don't remember this too?"

 

"You never handed me any gift last night, baby. But you shouldn't have to."

 

"Tsk, just open it, choding."

 

Yoona grinned childishly and then opens the paper bag. "Whoa." Much to her surprise, it's a new hoodie shirt. She loves them so much that she has a lot of them. But the hood shirt their anniversary date in numeric form. She slyly smiles at her. 

 

"You like it?" 

 

"Of course." She hugs her again and kissed her cheek. "Yours will be coming in a few weeks. My turn later then."

 

Seohyun giggles. "I know you would say that." and she casually feeds her with the soup earning a giggle from her.

 

"Your parents though, did they just leave you alone or-"

 

"I sneak out of my own apartment." 

 

"What?" Yoona almost spits the soup when she heard it. "They're guarding you? What the, for what reason and they're like that?!" It just furious her again.

 

"I haven't spoken with them calmly but I will ask them about it once they cool down. Your parents, I think they're upset too but I feel like... they don't agree with my parents. They just stayed quiet when my father announced it."

 

"Aish. I really wish you are right."

 

"Tsk, I just told you earlier that it's nothing to get worried about, right? Let's not think about them." Seohyun pouted cutely.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Fine." But she doesn't have any choice. She smiled and pecked on her lips again before she finish her soup.

 

***

 

"Don't you have a schedule today?" Walking out of her room while tying her hair, Yoona finds Seohyun lying on the sofa while watching some cartoons. 

 

"Nope, in a week I will have." said Seohyun and glanced at the doe-eyed. "You sure you'll be fine going to your agency today?" She sits up as the latter takes her seat next to her.

 

"I don't know if it's important but I have to go and return right away." A big grin plastered Yoona's face. 

 

"What are you planning, eh?" Seohyun smirks. 

 

"You don't have a schedule and so I am, there's only one thing in my mind right now after my birthday."

 

"And that is?"

 

"That's to go on a date again with you." Yoona giggles and she pecks her girlfriend's lips. "Wait for me, okay?"

 

Seohyun was about to reply when they both heard a doorbell. "You are not expecting anyone, are you?" Her eyes doubled as her heart pounded.

 

Turning his head to the door behind, Yoona shakes her head then headed to the intercom and widened her eyes. "Your parents."

 

"What?" Seohyun hastily went to the intercom as well. "What should I do?" and she began to panic.

 

Yoona ponders then an idea came to her mind. "Let's hide you." she grabs her hand and drags her inside the bedroom, looking for a hiding spot in the process. "Under the bed." She instructed and Seohyun quickly complied. 

 

Taking a deep breath and slowly relaxing, the doe-eyed cleared and calmly returned outside. She heard more doorbells as she walks to the door. "I'm coming." so she yelled and opened the door. But before she can even greet her parents, the two walked inside and started looking. "What are you, looking around, mother, father?" she asks softly.

 

"Where did you hide our daughter?" asked Mr. Seo with a quick glare at the doe-eyed.

 

"S-Seohyun? She's not here."

 

"No, I'm sure she's here." Mrs. Seo said and headed to the master bedroom only to be blocked. 

 

"I swear, mother-"

 

"Don't call me mother!" 

 

Yoona jumped in surprised. "I mean, Mrs. Seo. Your daughter is not really here. She's probably out there, filming again." She gestures.

 

"No way she's out there! Her manager told us she doesn't have any schedule today. Get out of my way, Im Yoona!" Mrs. Seo pushed the younger one to the side and walked inside the room. 

 

Seohyun covered under the bed as soon as her mother's footsteps got inside.

 

"I told you she's not here, Mrs. Seo." Yoona followed and watches as the latter rummaged in her closet. Mr. Seo also joined her as they look around, including her walk-in closet and bathroom. She sighs and took her seat on the bed, making sure they won't check underneath.

 

"Tsk, she better be not here. You girls are not meant to be." Mr. Seo told her seriously and walked out of the room.

 

Mrs. Seo only sends glares as she follows her husband.

 

Once the door closes, Seohyun peeks her head out and pouted. "I'm sorry."

 

"You have all the reasons to hide. They are really serious about forbidding you to see me." Yoona said as she helped her get on her feet. She quickly hugs her and whispers, "Thank you and you're here with me, baby."

 

"You are all I have now, Yoona." Seohyun sighs as she returns the hug. 

 

"But I believe they just needed time to accept our relationship. Let's give them the reason to accept us." Pulling back from the hug, the doe-eyed continued, "Let's show to them that we're meant to be." she charmingly smiled.

 

Seohyun is agape. "Isn't that... hard to do?"

 

"It would be but I think if we work it out, it won't be." 

 

"What do you want to do then?"

 

Yoona ponders as she fixes her girlfriend's hair. "I'll think of it later." But she couldn't think of a move yet so she giggles earning a flick on her forehead. She pulled her again for another comforting hug. "We'll get their acceptance, I'll make sure of it."

 

"I'll think of it too then." Seohyun replied as she sighs afterward.

 

***

 

Getting bored being alone in Yoona's apartment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter