Birthday Date pt. 2 [3/4]

The Birthday Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3/4 | Her Birthday

 

***

 

As soon as she reached the ground floor at the ground park, Yoona let out a frustrating exhale as she walk to her car. But she hasn't even unlocked it with her key when she realized her car was sprayed with different colors which totally made open in shock. As if some gang got bored and her car was unlucky to have their attention.

 

"Who the... " She thought of Inwoo immediately. "That ing bastaaaard!" she wiggles in frustration and ruffles her hair. She approaches it closer and feels like her heart is broken into pieces. "He is ing crazy. How could he do this to my first and favorite car?! He better pay for this." she reclined her car and quickly check the received call history. She knows his number so it's easy to find it. But once she rings it, the next line isn't answering. "Damn him." she calls him again... and again and again until she gives up, hits the steering wheel, and throws her phone in the passenger seat.

 

But before she can turn on the engine, she thought of other people seeing how dirty her car. They might on the road. But how is she going to bring the car to a cleaner if she isn't going to drive it?

 

"Aish, here's goes nothing." She muttered and finally the engine.

 

A few minutes into the road, she started hearing honks and drivers rolling their windows to laugh at her. Her window is tainted so they can't see who's inside which is safe for her. But all of those teases didn't fail to make her embarrassed and mad at the same time. But she keeps it in for the next two hours until she reached a car wash.

 

"Omo, we can't take that out, Ms. Im." Unfortunately, the owner declined to help her.

 

"What? Why not?"

 

"A simple water can't take that out. We need a varnish remover for that."

 

"Heol, so where do you get that?" Yoona didn't hesitate to agree.

 

"I'll ask my employee. But it may take hours. So I suggest you just go back when I call you."

 

She sighs in defeat. "Looks like then. Aish, that bastard-"

 

"Who did this?"

 

"An actor. tsk. I'll return when it's done." She bowed and casually left the place. While walking on the side of the street, she heard her phone ring inside the pocket of her hoodie jacket. She stopped and fetch it out. "Oh hey, princess." she greeted Seohyun playfully.

 

[What happened? Your parents told me about your plan early this morning.]

 

"I'll talk to you about it when I get home. You miss me already?" she chuckles.

 

[Silly. I'm worried about you.]

 

"So you don't miss me?" She pouted cutely. But quickly noticed a lady is coming, she put the hood on her head and continue her walk.

 

[Of course I do. But it's as if we don't see each other every day?] Seohyun laughs over the next line.

 

Yoona's heart fluttered listening to the laughter. It was like music to her ears out of a sudden. After her exhausting day and getting her car with graffiti, she thought her day wouldn't be any better. "Well, we're really going to see each other everyday." she softly says as she smiles foolishly.

 

[You, are you alright?]

 

"Yup, why wouldn't I be?"

 

[Your voice, I think you're exhausted? Did they give you a hard time, baby?]

 

"What?! Of course not. I had a long day you know. And... It feels so good to hear your voice right now. I just realize your laughter can actually be my healing right now. Keep laughing my love... I love it." She meant it so much.

 

[Ha! Where are you? I'll fetch you.]

 

"I'm on the way to the bus stop."

 

[What? Where's your car?]

 

"I have to leave it behind the car wash. But I'll be back later. So where are you too?" She asked back, stopping her tracks at the bus stop. She sighs and take her seat to the bench as she waits for the bus.

 

[I'm at your family's house, of course. Tell me exactly the location so I can drive you.]

 

"Nah, it's fine. By the way, your birthday is coming baby. What do you want me to buy for you?"

 

[Aish, I told you not to give me any gift since then.]

 

"I know but I still give you a new gift. Just like my hood jacket right now."

 

[You're wearing my gift for you?]

 

"Yup and I love wearing it around." She giggles.

 

[That's good.]

 

"So what?"

 

[Why would you ask me? Think of it, tsk.]

 

Yoona chuckled. "Okay. I'll see you in a while." she ended the call right away when she saw a bus is coming. She casually walked inside together with the other passengers and took her seat near the window. It's been a while since she rode a bus and a lot of memories are flashing back before her eyes, especially during high school, where she and Seohyun always love to sing as if their voices are the most beautiful in the world.

 

An unconscious smile formed on her lips as she flutters and keeps her mind occupied with memories for the next couple of minutes.

 

***

 

After hearing that her girlfriend is on the way, Seohyun hastily headed out of the house and waited for her outside. She's walking back and forth while from time to time, she would check the right side of the road, where the bus stop is located.

 

Thirty minutes later, she finally found Yoona walking from the distance, waving her hand in the ear. She waves back and jogs towards her.

 

"I'm glad you look fine." She said as she greeted her with a tight hug. "You don't have any idea how worried I was."

 

"You really know your parents, aren't you?" The doe-eyed returned the hug. "Now I understand."

 

She pulled back and cupped her cheeks. "Don't do that again, araso? Let them be. I doubt it will be easy for them to accept this."

 

Yoona nodded. "So you're not really going to go home?" she hold her hands on her cheek and kissed her palms sweetly.

 

"Yes, unless they change their hearts. Also, my manager will be taking some of my stuff from my apartment. I don't have to face them again." She explained further as she sweetly smiled back.

 

"That's good to know."

 

She hugs her once again to comfort her. "They probably said something bad but I don't want to hear it."

 

"I'm not planning to tell you either." Yoona softly says, kissing her cheek in the process.

 

"So... do you want to go somewhere?"

 

"Yep, but for now, let me recharge first." The doe-eyed requested as she sighs and enjoys their hugs that's comforting her. "I actually didn't imagine that what's happening in the dramas doesn't exist in real life. It turns out, it's always based on our culture."

 

"I know right?" Seohyun couldn't agree more. She continuously rubs the doe-eyed's back while they're standing on the side of the street.

 

"But I know in time they will accept us."

 

"I'm positive of that too. And I'm thankful your parents immediately accepted us. I totally felt their support through the meal I shared with them." She smiled warmly.

 

"I told you, my parents are totally fine with us." Yoona chuckled softly.

 

"And I might really love staying here." She giggles.

 

"Chincha? My sister might not like it."

 

Seohyun pulled back and shakes her head. "She loves me more than you." she grins childishly.

 

"What the." The doe-eyed scoffed. "And you will love her more than me now?"

 

"Of course not. I love you more you know." She can't resist and kissed her on the lips. "No one's going to stop me from that."

 

Yoona giggles and pecks her lips in response. "And so I am to you, baby."

 

"So are you 100 percent full charge now?"

 

"Omo, not yet. I guess fifteen minutes more." Without warning, the doe-eyed hugs her again. "Let me check the time this time." she checked her wristwatch and take note of it.

 

"Silly." Seohyun chuckled, hitting her back gently. "Okay. I don't mind." but she continued hugging her, despite a few people passing by them.

 

***

 

"Why are we in the mall?" Yoona asked as she stepped out of the car and wear her face mask.

 

Seohyun stepped out too a few seconds later. "It's because we haven't gone on a date in a mall." she explained before wearing her face mask as well.

 

"Oh yeah, indeed." Taking her hand, Yoona smiles behind her mask as they enter the mall through the ground park.

 

Seohyun decided to let go and instead, she wrapped one arm on the doe-eyed's arm as they stroll the mall without people recognizing them.

 

"Look, do you want to buy some ice cream?" Yoona spotted a store and pointed at it.

 

"Sure."

 

They excitedly jog toward the ice cream parlor and take their time to choose what they want.

 

"I'd like to have mint oreo, baby." Seohyun said while grinning.

 

"When did you start liking mint flavor?" Yoona chuckled in disbelief.

 

"I'm just going to try it. Let's see if I'm going to love it."

 

"Okay. I'd like to order chocolate and strawberry ice cream and mint oreo please." The doe-eyed ordered.

 

"And when did you like chocolate too?" Seohyun's turn to be surprised. She knows the latter loves vanilla so much.

 

"Since today." Yoona giggles.

 

"Tsk." Seohyun flicks her forehead only for the doe-eyed to wink at her. She rolled her eyes playfully.

 

"Here's your mint oreo." The vendor give it to Yoona and the latter handed it to the younger girl.

 

Seohyun pulled her face mask down before she on it immediately and her eyes widened. "It tastes good baby."

 

"Chincha?" Yoona hold her wrist and leaned in to take a small bite. "Indeed, it's refreshing." she flashes her cute smile.

 

"So you have to order with this too next time."

 

"Absolutely." The doe-eyed paid for their ice creams as she also took her own share.

 

"Let's look for a bench." Seohyun said as they walked out of the store and began to search for an empty bench. They found one in front of the Kids' Toys Store.

 

Yoona is quite enjoying her ice cream while the younger girl is apparently making cute giggles every time she bites on her ice cream. She can see her happiness with the sparkle in her eyes only. It's such an adorable sight.

 

Suddenly a small portion of the ice cream spread on her cheek, she didn't hesitate and wipe them off with the tissue.

 

"Thanks." Seohyun smiled brightly. But her attention shifted hastily to the boy that fell down. "Omo."

 

Yoona's attention also went to him. She instinctively got up and rushed to him, helping him up. "Where're your parents?" she asks.

 

"I'm lost, Noona." The boy confessed.

 

Seohyun approached them. "Did you look around already, little lad?"

 

"Yes." The boy pouted cutely, looking at her ice cream.

 

"Should we send her to the mall's customer service?"

 

"Yeah, definitely. But let's grab him some ice cream too." Seohyun suggested, grinning childishly.

 

Yoona scoffed. "You guys wait here then." But she can't decline either and she jogs back to the ice cream parlor.

 

"Come here." Seohyun ushered the little boy to the bench and the latter politely comes with her. 'Looks like he isn't those little kids that cry when they're lost.' she thought as the young boy only stays quiet while they were sitting side by side. "How old are you?" and she got curious however.

 

"I'm six, Noona." The boy answered simply.

 

"What's your name?"

 

"I'm Jaehyun."

 

Seohyun nodded gently. "Where did you last saw your parents?"

 

"On a sale store. There were a lot of people that I got away from them." Jaehyun shared and pouted sadly.

 

"Did you know how to return there?" She continued to ask as well.

 

"Yes, but they aren't there anymore." He answered and sighs. "I'm hungry, Noona."

 

Yoona finally returned and handed a chocolate ice cream to the young boy. "Let's go?" she announced.

 

"Yes. Thank you, Noona." Jaehyun got up and bowed before she on his ice cream.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter