Final 2.3

The Birthday Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2.2 | The Birthday Date

 

***

 

Panting for air as she reached her own apartment, Seohyun finds Yoona sitting on the sofa, spacing out. She looked around and didn't find any trace of Inwoo being inside.

 

"Hey." She approached her slowly as she calms down.

 

Yoona slowly tilted her head and smile a little at her. "You look sweaty. Did you... run so fast?" 

 

"Yes. I mean, I was excited." She replied sheepishly. But the doe-eyed get up and headed to the dining table nearby, ushering her to have dinner with her.. 'Did she meet Inwoo or not?' she confused with her behavior. "Thanks for the food, Yoongie." She brightly told her as she took her seat.

 

Yoona placed the hot pot of soup at the center before taking her seat also across her. She didn't say a word as she just began to dig on her rice and took a big bite.

 

Seohyun is surprised. When her girlfriend doesn't reply to her, that means she's up to something. She didn't even give her a look, which means,

 

'Inwoo meet her.' She can sense it which gives her heart a reason to beat fast. "Um... did someone... c-came?" She stammers as she wants to confirm it.

 

"Inwoo." Said Yoona plainly replied.

 

'I upset her, didn't I?' Her heart stings thinking of it. "What did he say?" She softly asks, taking a bite of the side dish without giving her a look. She's nervous and hurt.

 

Yoona took a minute of silence before she replied, "He told me, I have no reason to have dinner with you."

 

"What?" Seohyun exclaimed in surprise. "Why would he tell you that?"

 

"I told him we're dating." The doe-eyed said as she finally looked at her back. "I mean, he heard me calling you sweetly and ask about it. I couldn't lie but... I was surprised when he told me you guys are dating and that we're not really."

 

"He told you that?"

 

"Yah, are you dating him behind my back, Seohyun?" Yoona can't help and question her girflriend angrily.

 

Seohyun was taken aback. "I... never did that. Why would I when I'm dating you?" But she asked her back. "I'm never gonna do that." And defended herself firmly.

 

"Then why would he tell me that? He likes you obviously but why did he corrected me? I feel like I was delusional earlier when he strongly told me I and you are just best friends."

 

"He's the delusional here." 

 

"Is it? Did you give him some hints to be like that then?"

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes in annoyance. "I never did that to anyone. But wait... " However, she remembers something on their fourth week of filming their drama. Inwoo gave her a coffee and there was a text on it that says 'from now on, we're a couple'. 

 

"Wae? You really did?" Yoona is annoyed.

 

"He actually... g-give me this coffee and the cup has 'we're now a couple'." Seohyun shared as she whined. "What the heck? He thought I accepted that?"

 

Yoona scoffed in disbelief. "You drink it then?"

 

"I... did but not what he said on the coffee."

 

"What a moron. So he's really delusional here. How can he tell me those words earlier? Aish, I should've punched his face." 

 

Seohyun shakes her head. "You can't do that, Yoona. You're going to be in trouble if you do."

 

"But he already knew we're dating though." Yoona shrugs her shoulders. "I bet he go out there and tell everyone."

 

"You shouldn't have told him in the first place." The younger actress ends glare, totally didn't love it too. She took her phone from her pocket and got up.

 

"Wae? You're going to ask him not to say a word?"

 

"Yes. We can't afford a big scandal." Seohyun firmly announced, going back to the living room while waiting for Inwoo to answer.

 

Yoona chuckled sarcastically. "Yeah, you really care more for that than asking me if I'm okay or not. Tsk." She put her utensils down and quickly grabs her jacket as she leaves the apartment.

 

"Yah, where are you going?" Seohyun canceled the call as she chases the doe-eyed but the latter has run so fast to the lift before she can even catch up with her. "Aish." she stomped he feet in frustration and decided to just call Inwoo again as she returns to her apartment.

 

Yoona on the other hand is holding her anger in, still can't forget what Inwoo told her.

 

"What? You guys are dating? How would she date you when you're just her best friend? Seohyun told me you're too close with her indeed but hell no! We're dating instead of you, Im Yoona!"

 

" him." She muttered under his breath. " HIM!" But couldn't control it and scream at top of her lungs. It always frustrates her and hurts her whenever someone told her she and Seohyun are best friends. It's like the biggest offensive word for her. She hated it so much whenever she hears 'best friend' even from Seohyun's mouth. Secretly dating is totally so hard for her heart to take, she's just pretending she's always fine.

 

Upon reaching the ground floor, she wipes her tears off using her forearm before she walked out and headed straight to her car.

 

"Oh, thank God you answered. I thought you will forever let me wait." Seohyun was relieved once she heard Inwoo's voice.

 

[I'm sorry, I have an emergency and left your apartment.] Inwoo sounds raspy on the next line.

 

"You meet with Yoona, didn't you?"

 

[She told you?]

 

"Listen, I want you to keep it from anyone." She didn't waste a second and requested.

 

[What do you mean?]

 

"I know you know what I'm talking about." She has no time to explain. "If I can trust you, please keep it from anyone. And Inwoo-ssi, if we're friends... you're not going to mind that." She sighs afterward. She however didn't hear his response. "You still there?" and again he never said anything. "Please, I'm begging you."

 

[I'm hanging up now.]

 

"Wait." She tried to stop him but it ended immediately. "Aish." She ruffles her hair in frustration. "What's up with him?" She totally couldn't understand. But his voice earlier sounded sad, it must be because of Yoona being her girlfriend.

 

Plopping her back to the sofa, she pouted sadly as she recalled Yoona's face earlier. She knows she's not feeling well but didn't try to comfort her. Her mind just wants to talk to Inwoo right away so she can ask him to keep it to himself. 

 

'And we weren't even able to have dinner together, tonight.' She tilted her head to the right as her eyes landed on the food on the dining table that breaks her heart and tells her she should call her. So she immediately grabs her phone back and rings the doe-eyed's number. But as expected, she's not answering. 

 

She decided to text her rather.

 

I'm sorry about earlier. >.<

Please answer my call Yoongie.

Are you in your apartment? Let's talk, please.

I'm coming to your apartment.

 

Not waiting for her reply, she got up and grabs her car keys from her bedroom and when she just exited, she received her response.

 

Yoona♥: I'm fine. You don't have to come to see me. I'm at my parents' house. 

Let's just meet tomorrow at the Awards Show.

 

But even so, she proceed to the lift and began to think about what to bring for her family.

 

***

 

While watching her dog eat its food, Yoona suddenly heard a doorbell.

 

"Take the gate, Im Yoona! It must be my order from a beauty salon!" Her older sister shouted from upstairs, causing her to roll her eyes in annoyance. She got up and walk back inside but only to see her mother going out.

 

"Omma, I got it!" She tried to stop her but her mother wave her hand at her before she completely disappeared.

 

Yoona shrugs her shoulders and returns to Rae-o in their garden. She giggles when the latter looked up at her with his tail wagging. "You love it? Aigoo, my baby is enjoying his food." she rubs the head of it, and the latter returns to his food.

 

"Yoong, Seohyun's here!" Mrs. Im shouted from the living room.

 

She widened her eyes and turned her head back to the sliding door, only to see her girlfriend indeed, waving at her with those smiles. "Aish, I told her not to come."  

 

"I haven't eaten dinner." Seohyun told her as she approached. "Let's have dinner shall we?" She offers, flashing a bright smile.

 

Yoona scoffed. "I prepared it in your apartment, why didn't have it?" She passes at her but the latter suddenly hugs her from behind, causing her heart to skip a beat.

 

"I'm sorry now, please? I won't ever entertain any call from Inwoo anymore, I promise. And he seems to know that I know what he did earlier. So I doubt he will disturb us again." Seohyun explained, pouting in the process as she place her chin on the doe-eyed's shoulder. She tightened her hug around her as she waits for her to reply.

 

Yoona only sighs. "Mom is coming." And informed her immediately when she saw the shadow of her mother.

 

The younger hastily let go of her. 

 

"Did you guys fight?" Mrs. Im asks as she raised her eyebrows.

 

"What? Of course not." Yoona chuckled and quickly took Seohyun's hand. "I'll join her for her dinner, Omma. Thanks for preparing it." She said with a grin as she drags her girlfriend gently with her to the dining area. "Omo, these are a lot." She is surprised to see spicy fried chicken, black bean noodles, and dumplings.

 

"I bought some fast food on the way." Explained the younger as she took her seat. "Join me, Yoongie." She offered, handing her chopsticks when the latter grabs her seat across her.

 

"I already ate with my family." said Yoona.

 

"Okay." Seohyun flashes a big smile before she took a big bite on the noodles. She's starving as heck that she doesn't care at all.

 

"Heol." The doe-eyed is speechless. "You should've just brought the food I made for you." Yet remembers her efforts earlier just have a good dinner with her girlfriend but end up wasted.

 

"I was thinking..."

 

"Yah, don't talk while your mouth is full." Getting, she opened the fridge and grabs a can of cola. "I can't believe you have to be so stubborn." She scolded, handing it to her after opening the lid.

 

"Thanks." Seohyun still smiled as she drinks the cola.

 

"And what happened to Inwoo? Did he promise to keep it?" 

 

She suddenly coughs after hearing it from the doe-eyed which made her choke a little. She rubs her chest a few times and smiles at Yoona sheepishly when she's calm again.

 

"You freaking scared me." Yoona strongly said. She grabs a glass of water and handed it to her.

 

"I didn't actually hear his response," Seohyun informed before taking a few gulps of the water. "It was just his breathing and I feel odd with it."

 

"Chincha? What a bastard. He's not really someone you can trust now, Hyun."

 

"I know, that's why I won't get too near to him anymore." 

 

"But don't be so mean, I mean, when others are staring, just act naturally when he's around." Yoona advised. She can't let anyone learn about Inwoo's real character, it might be on social media.

 

"Yes." Seohyun nodded and smiles briefly before taking another big bite of her food.

 

"Tsk." Yoona hastily grabs her a tissue paper and wipe the corner of her lips.

 

Fluttering, the younger could only smile as she continue with her food while her girlfriend is watching her closely. 

 

***

 

It's D-day, Yoona woke up feeling good especially since Seohyun is cuddling with her in her bedroom. She unconsciously watches her sleeping face, admiring such beauty in front of her while her heart is fluttering. Gently tucking her hair, she gently kissed her forehead and giggled.

 

"Yoona, breakfast is ready!"

 

She heard her mother's voice outside, causing her to push her girlfriend off of her before the door opens. Seohyun fell on the floor which woke her up. "We'll be there, Omma." She sits up and sheepishly smiled at her mother, glancing at her girlfriend who is rubbing her back as she also sat up.

 

"Omo, why are you on the floor, Seohyun-ssi?" Mrs. Im hastily rushed to her in concern. "Are you hurt?"

 

"Omma, I'll take care of her." Yoona hurriedly help Seohyun up when she noticed a lipstick mark on her neck. She grins as she blocks her mother's view of her girlfriend.

 

"Aigoo." Mrs. Im hit her arm. "Why did you let her sleep on the floor? Tsk." She scolded disappointingly. "Come out when you girls are ready." She added, leaving them out of the room.

 

Seohyun peeks behind the doe-eyed to see Mrs. Im leaves. "Did she us cuddling?" 

 

"Nope." Yoona faced her back. "Mianhe, I have to push you." 

 

"That's why I was on the floor?" Seohyun thought she fell naturally on the floor.

 

"Yes." The doe-eyed nodded as she rubs the back of her head.

 

"Aish." Seohyun attempted to hit her but she hastily lowered her head.

 

"Go wash up first. Hehe." 

 

"My back, it's a bit aching though." 

 

Yoona widened her eyes. "Chincha?" And hurriedly went behind her and touch it gently. "Where?" So she can massage it.

 

"In the right." Seohyun massaged it just to feel her girlfriend's hand and help her. It flutters her heart that she unconsciously smiled. "It's subsiding now, baby."

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"It's okay. It was just an instinct. I mean, I've done so many times like that."

 

Yoona smiled serenely. "You need to take a pain reliever if it doesn't disappear." she softly says.

 

Facing the doe-eyed, Seohyun wrapped her arms around her waist and pecked on her lips a few times then giggled with her. "It'll be fine." She said and let go of her as she walk to the bathroom.

 

Sighing, Yoona took her seat on her bed and heard her phone chime. But when she checks it, it wasn't hers but from Seohyun. She raised her eyebrows when it was a photo coming from her manager which made her curious and check it. Much to her surprise, it was her girlfriend's dress.

 

"That's gorgeous." She grinned and typed a reply to her manager but the next photo made her fluster. It was a photo of the model that was wearing it. "What the, it was too revealing." She commented that instant.  Instead of replying to her manager, she headed to the bathroom door. "Baby, your dress, you choose this or did the agency do?"

 

"Yes? My dress for later?" Seohyun replied while showering.

 

"Yes. I don't like it. It's too revealing."

 

"Oh, I choose it."

 

"What?" Yoona exclaimed. The younger giggles with her reaction. "Yah, I told you to stop-"

 

"Can't you just let me? You have a hot girlfriend, you know." Seohyun just proudly says it. 

 

"But how are you going to go around wearing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter