Final 1.3

The Birthday Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final 1.2 | Secretly Dating

 

***

 

After like hours, Seohyun finds herself dozing off. She, however, fights for it and sits up, doesn't want to completely fall asleep. She checks the time on her wristwatch and lets out a huge yawn before she gets up and walks to the kitchen again. It's almost 12 midnight yet Yoona hasn't come. But she's good at patience, especially if she has her favorite cookies and another mug of hot choco.

 

She returned to the living room with a bowl of cookies and her favorite drink and switch the channel to a sports channel. She was enjoying the game while enjoying her food and drink for the next thirty minutes until she heard a doorbell. 

 

She hastily put the bowl down and cleaned her face before heading to the door. She peeps into the hole to confirm if it's really Yoona... She excitedly unlock the door and opened it, throwing her arms around her neck and giving her a lot of kisses on her cheek.

 

"Yah, what's wrong with you?" Yoona chuckled in amusement. 

 

She kissed her on the lips and giggled. "I'm just so happy to see you my best actress." she explained and wink at her.

 

Yoona scoffed in disbelief. But she couldn't say anything anymore when Seohyun dragged her inside immediately. "It's almost midnight and you're still hype?" she chuckled, taking her seat on the couch and taking off her jacket.

 

"Here." Seohyun handed her a glass of water.

 

"Thanks." Said the doe-eyed as she had a couple of gulps before placing the glass on the coffee table. Before she can say her thoughts, Seohyun suddenly put her hand over her forehead. "Uh, I'm really fine, Hyunnie." her heart flutters.

 

"Yeah, looked like." Seohyun said with a satisfied smile. "Glad you immediately took a pill for your colds. Otherwise, you are still sneezing right now."

 

"I have learned my lesson. And my agency is taking care of me well now." Yoona assured as she lays down and used her girlfriend's lap at her pillow and close her eyes to finally have a good rest. Her heart eventually flutters more as Seohyun caresses her hair. She didn't regret coming to her apartment. Seohyun has the best caring fingers that she is so damn in love with her. 

 

"My manager told me the motif is white and black." says the younger softly. "What do you like to wear?"

 

"White." 

 

"Wae?"

 

"Because it's your favorite color." reasoned Yoona, fluttering her eyes open and smiling giddily to the lady before her eyes. "Why do you still look like the first time... I laid my eyes on you?" she randomly asks earning a flick on her forehead. She giggles and closes her eyes back, only to remember the first time they met. 

 

Flashback...

 

Yoona hurriedly runs into the hallway the moment she left their locker room. She has a bus to catch but she stopped just in front of the school building entrance. Rain is falling hard which frustrates her. But she has her folding umbrella in her backpack.

 

"What?! You really can't pick me up? Aish, then when am I going to go home? Araso, araso. Tsk." 

 

But while she was taking her yellow umbrella, she heard someone nearby. She slowly tilts her head to her right and finds a girl, standing on the side, pouting while watching the rain continuously.

 

The girl unconsciously turned her head towards her, She was agape and her heart skipped a beat as their eyes meet. As if there was something on her innocent yet cute gaze, she gulped nervously.

 

"Wae?" The girl with long straight black hair wearing a headband spoke to her.

 

Yoona blinks her eyes in a fast manner as she tries to come up with an answer. "Um, you don't have an umbrella?" Then she was reminded.

 

"Yes." The girl sighs, nodding. She pouted sadly again as her eyes returned to the rain pouring non-stop.

 

Yoona looked down at her umbrella and at the girl. She is having second thoughts if she's going to offer her umbrella or not? But after a while, she gives up. "Where are you heading?" she approaches her confidently. "I'm going to the bus stop. Um, we can share my umbrella if you want."

 

"Omo, Chincha? Thank you so much." The girl bowed a couple of times. "I'm heading the same way." she happily shared.

 

'Seohyun.' Yoona noticed her nametag on her uniform and smiled. "I'm Yoona by the way." Then introduced herself.

 

"Seo Joohyun. But you can call me, Seohyun." The latter introduced herself as well as they shake their hands while smiling.

 

Opening the umbrella, Yoona ushered her to stay close as they walked together side by side. 

 

"Thank you, again. You save my day." Seohyun said as she smiled brightly.

 

"No problem." The doe-eyed smiled a little. She couldn't still believe that she just offered her a walk. It's the first time she did it with a stranger. And it feels good. 

 

-

 

The next day, it was still raining when Yoona came out of the building. But this time, her new friend wasn't there. She head straight to the bus stop but before she can get onto the bus, she suddenly heard her stomach grumble. She thought of that pop-up resto nearby and decided to leave the bus stop to have some ramen first. 

 

However, as she reached the place, she spotted Seohyun eating ramen too. She wanted to call or approach her but figured it would be rude to disturb her so she quietly take her seat and ordered for it.

 

'She's... cute.' She can't help and noticed. 

 

Seohyun is busy on her phone while slurping on her ramen that she had no idea a doe-eyed is watching her.

 

"Thanks." Yoona smiled at the woman that delivers her hot ramen and a side dish. As she began to enjoy it, she can't help and glance at the younger girl and smile unconsciously. She's doing it for the next couple of minutes until she noticed there was a tiny part of the noodles stuck on her cheek. 'Omo, is she aware... of that?' She wanted to tell her but hesitated.

 

Instead, she keeps glancing at her while smiling giddily. She finds it funny yet cute at the same time. 

 

End of flashback...

 

"Ah." Yoona yelped in surprise when she received a hard flick on her forehead that caused her to open her eyes. "Wae?"

 

"You're smiling like a fool. Who's in your mind right now?" Seohyun sends glares at her.

 

"You." She confessed as she sits up. "You know what was on my mind?"

 

"Why is it me?" Seohyun raised her eyebrows in curiosity. 

 

Giggling, Yoona cupped her cheeks and kissed her on the lips. "It was when I first meet you." she goofily smiled.

 

"Chincha? Why would you think of that?"

 

"I don't know." She shrugged her shoulders. "But one thing is for sure, we're fated. If I didn't leave the locker room late, I think I wouldn't know you. And we won't be actresses right now." she giggles. Meeting Seohyun means dreaming with her too.  

 

Seohyun grinned. "Let's sleep." Yet she ordered. "It's midnight baby." and get up first.

 

However, Yoona didn't warn her as she suddenly carried her in a bridal style to her bedroom.

 

"Yah, put me down." Seohyun tried to protest but she ends up on the bed nevertheless. 

 

"What time is your schedule tomorrow?" ask the doe-eyed as she pulled the comforter and joins her to the bed. 

 

"Ten in the morning." replied Seohyun, automatically snuggled with her once the night lamps were turned off.

 

"Okay. I'll make the breakfast." Yoona softly says, gently pressing her lips on the younger.

 

"Wae? You don't have a schedule tomorrow?" 

 

"I have, but it's in the afternoon."

 

Seohyun nodded in understanding. She smiled sweetly and shared a sweet kiss with the doe-eyed. They both smiled at one another before they drifted to sleep in each other's arms. 

 

***

 

While busy on her phone and the hairstylist is working on her hair, Seohyun suddenly thought of Yoona's birthday again and she eventually turns to face the other staff behind her.

 

"Unnie, can you share with me any places I and Yoona can have a private dinner?" She asked them immediately which surprised them. But it didn't take a minute and her manager, make-up artist, and driver have begun to share a lot of places. She was bombarded by them but she was able to take notes of every place and listed them down on her phone.

 

When they're done, she receives a call from Yoona.

 

[Want to have a lunch date, hyunnie?] She was greeted by a rare question.

 

"Yes? I thought you are in your parent's home right now?" Her heart skipped a beat upon hearing it.

 

[I was... so before I go to work later in the afternoon let's go on a lunch date. I'm fetching you okay?]

 

"W-wait. Is that going to be alright? You know I thought we're hiding this?"

 

[Yah, they know we're friends. It'll be fine. Also, I know a place that doesn't have a lot of customers. Wait for me.]

 

The call ended which made her heart fasten. She got anxious, imagining the next day they would be on the news. "Aish. Why is she suddenly like this?"

 

"You ready for the second part of the photoshoot, Ms. Seo?" The photographer walks in and asks her.

 

"Y-yes, Mr. Lee." She hastily put her phone in the bag and followed him to the studio. She took her seat on the sofa and professionally poses in front of the camera with a fierce look.

 

Click.

 

Flash.

 

Click.

 

The studio is filled with flashes and the photographer's voice, asking Seohyun to do another pose for the next two hours. 

 

"That's a wrap! Thank you, Seohyun for being such a good model." The photographer announced, bowing to her and to the staff around the room.

 

She bowed a couple of times too before heading back to the dressing room with her staff following her. But as she opens the door to her dressing room, she was surprised to see Yoona.

 

"What-"

 

"Good afternoon, Unnies." The doe-eyed bowed to her staff and smiled at her cutely.

 

Seohyun smiled back awkwardly. "I thought we were just going to meet in the restaurant?" She quickly grabs her arm and dragged her out of the room.

 

"I said I'm picking you up. You're done, right?" Yoona flashes a big grin. She's excited to bring her girlfriend on a lunch date in a public place, something they haven't done.

 

"Yes, Um, let me change first." Said Seohyun as she tried to return inside but the doe-eyed hold her arm and kissed her on the cheek and a sweet kiss on her lips. "Yah. We're in a public place." she literally slaps her arm and checks the hallway in a hurry. She let out a loud exhale after confirming no o

 

"I'll wait in the car, baby." Said Yoona and victoriously giggled. She didn't wait for her reaction as she skipped her way back to the lift.

 

"Tsk." Seohyun smiles unconsciously as her cheeks heat up. "What did she eat today and she's being like that?" 

 

"Seohyun? You are not yet changing?" Her manager came out of the dressing room and ask her.

 

"Yes, Unnie." She hastily returned inside. "Um, Yoona, we're going to have lunch together, Unnie. So I think I'm joining the group lunch tomorrow." she informed them before they could ask her to join them. They know they're best friends so she doubts they would suspect them.

 

"Tsk, that's the reason Yoona was here?" Her manager crossed her arms in front of her with raising eyebrows.

 

She nodded slowly and shyly smiled. "Yes. Um, excuse me." She hurriedly went to the changing room and take her clothes off. While changing, she can't help and feel anxious once again. What if Yoona will act so sweet and kiss her mindlessly? It's seriously going to be a scandal in an instant if someone catches them. But she also mentioned there are fewer customers there so... it is safe? But the owner of the restaurant can catch them, but it's still not safe.

 

"Aish." She shakes her head and finally put on her blouse then check herself in the mirror so she could fix her hair and put on red lipstick before going out. "What the." But she jumped in surprised when she was greeted by her manager and assistant managers, staring at her with squinted eyes. "Wha-what's the problem, Unnies?" Her heart beats faster as she got nervous.

 

"You and Yoona... " Her manager steps forward until their faces are inches apart.

 

"What... about my friend?" She asks in such a thin voice that it almost didn't come out. She gulped nervously, couldn't take her eyes off of her.

 

"You better take good photos with her and send them to us. The staff will post it for you on your social media." Her manager said and pulled back.

 

Seohyun let out an audible sigh in relief as she smiles at them immediately. "Of course, Unnies."

 

"Good. Aish, we could've gone to a good Chinese restaurant today. But Yoona is waiting outside right? Enjoy the rest of the day with your best friend." Her manager waved her hand cutely before ushering her assistant to leave first.

 

She literally let out a huge exhale and took her seat on the sofa after they left. She took her time to relax. But her phone chimes bringing her back to reality. She hurriedly exited the dressing room and jogs straight to the lift.

 

But before the door closed, a colleague joined her which made her smile at him and bow.

 

"Congrats on your nomination, Hyun." Inwoo greeted her with such charming smiles.

 

"Thanks." She smiled back and noticed he pressed the ground floor too. 

 

"Too bad I wasn't nominated. I could've been your date for the Award show." 

 

"Oh, indeed. But I'll be fine, No worries." She assuredly says. 'I have my girlfriend with me either way.' She thought while smiling giddily.

 

"How about a dinner after the award show?" Inwoo offered. "I mean, I owe you dinner, remember?"

 

"Yes? Uh, I-I don't think... I can able to do that. I mean, there's an after-party. Yeah. I'm sorry." She awkwardly smiles.

 

"Chincha? That's too bad." Inwoo let out a sigh in disappointment.

 

'Aish, I wish he was nominated too. But no, my plan to have a birthday date with Yoona will not happen if he was nominated.' Seohyun thought it was better, her co-star in her drama doesn't go to the awards show. 

 

They got quiet until the lift reached the floor. They both walked out and Inwoo bowed to her as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter