Birthday Date pt. 2 [2/4]

The Birthday Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2/3 : Upset

 

***

 

Walking out of the bathroom, Yoona glanced at her phone on the bed to check if she received a response from Seohyun but she unknowingly didn't receive one. But she doesn't bother and just proceeds to the vanity to have her hair dried with the dryer. But it wasn't long before she heard her phone chime, she instantly rushed to it and her heart doubles its pace to read her girlfriend's contact ID flashing on the screen.

 

"Hey, baby, good morning." She greeted with a bright smile. 

 

[Good morning to you too. I'm sorry I didn't able to respond to your texts last night. I sleep early.] Seohyun replied with a bright tone. 

 

"It's okay, I know you don't sleep late." She giggles. "So, did you receive an unexpected schedule today?"

 

[Nope, but I'm staying at home. I mean, my parents are here and it's hard to sneak out again.]

 

"It's okay. Just rest for today." 

 

[I miss you already though.]

 

She chuckled. "Me too. It was like it's been a week since I've last seen you."

 

[Silly. Have you eaten?]

 

"Not yet. You?"

 

[I haven't too. Omma is cooking breakfast.]

 

"So why don't you do as what we have talked about?"

 

[About convincing my parents? I doubt today is the right time.] Seohyun heavily sighs.

 

"Wae? What happened?" Yoona took her seat on the mattress as she transfered the phone on her left hand.

 

[Well, they scolded me last night for going home late. And they're being too strict. How am I going to talk to them about us right now?]

 

She let out a sigh too. "That's hard to do indeed. Hmm, let me know what's your parents favorite fruit? I'll send it."

 

[You don't have to.] Seohyun chuckled softly.

 

"Come on, I'm making an effort here."

 

[Okay, they love pineapples and oranges. Also, they love green tea.]

 

"Oh, should I add vitamins as well?"

 

[If you want to, why not?]

 

"Okay, I'll buy them." Yoona giggled excitedly. "I love you, Seohyun."

 

There was a silence over the next line for about a minute before Seohyun responded. [I love you too, Yoona. Eat now.]

 

"Yes, see you later tonight." She almost forgot the dinner and quickly mentioned it.

 

[Omo, it's tonight the dinner with your parents, right?]

 

"Yes. You can make it tonight, aren't you?" Yoona felt doubtful now that she knows her girlfriend is being guarded heavily.

 

[I'll do my best later. But I won't promise I will make it.]

 

"No probs. I got you."

 

[I love you again.]

 

She chuckles. "Yes, I love you too again." And the call ended finally. "Aigoo. It's okay, Yoona. It's okay. Let's order the fruits and vitamins." She proceed to open an app and easily ordered them. But before she can forget, she hurriedly headed outside and make herself a simple breakfast. She has another schedule for a CF, later, so she can have time later in the afternoon.

 

***

 

While playing with her food through the fork, Seohyun glanced at her parents and find their calm somehow. But they haven't talked since last night, she doesn't know if they're already fine or not but she's eager to speak about last night.

 

She took a few more bites of her food first before she finally has the courage to break her silence.

 

"I'm sorry about last night." But her voice came out a bit low.

 

"What?" Mrs. Seo's attention shifted to her while her husband only raised his eyebrows towards his daughter.

 

Seohyun exhales deeply and looks at her mother in the eyes. "I know my response last night upset you guys so I'm apologizing... but... can I get an acceptable reason why you don't want me to date Yoona? I mean... she's my best friend. She's the only person that made me feel this way." Her voice softened in her last 2 sentences. 

 

"We know Yoona is a good person, honey. Unfortunately, this society isn't good for this kind of relationship." Mr. Seo speaks softly as well. "Please understand us."

 

"We've been keeping this for years yet we haven't been caught and we will never be because we're always careful. If you allow me to keep seeing Yoona, I promise that it won't ever happen. We're adults now and know what we're doing, so please... trust me. Trust us." Seohyun begs as she held her fork tightly, looking back and forth to her mother and father.

 

Mrs. Seo let out a deep sigh. "No. We can't what's going to happen, honey."

 

"I'm with your mother." And Mr. Seo immediately supported his wife too.

 

"So what am I going to do for you guys to accept us?" Seohyun grumbles, feels like there's no more chance.

 

"You don't have to do anything, honey. Eat up before it gets even colder." Mrs. Seo reminded before she returns her attention to her plate again.

 

"You guys are colder than this food." Mumbles Seohyun as she took a bite and got up, leaving her parents in the process.

 

Both Mr. and Mrs. Seo exhaled loudly as they shakes their heads and continue their meal.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun returned to her room. She doesn't feel like going out with her mood at the moment. But if she ever goes out, her parents will probably follow her. "Tsk, I'm like a kid once again." mumbles her as she plopped on the sofa and sighed.

 

She stares into the ceiling dazed and doesn't have anything in mind. But when her phone chimes on top of the coffee table, and she reads Dami's message from the sofa, her eyes lit up when an idea pop-up her head. She hastily sit up and grabs her phone.

 

Dami: Yo, where are you? Let's hang out.

 

Want to hang out at my apartment?

I want to ask a favor, dam.

 

Dami: Hmm? What is it?

 

Bring some fruits for my parents and a board game.

 

Dami: Don't you have one at home? Why are you asking? And your parents are present? OMG, I have more reason to visit you today.

 

Yay! I'm waiting then. 

 

She grins as she sends the photos she captured yesterday. 

 

Help me get out of this apartment or I will send these photos to a reporter.

 

Dami: Yah! How did you... did you stalk me?

 

Nope. I happened to spot you with him. ;p Why didn't you tell me about this?

 

Dami: . I hate you. Fine, I'll bring fruits then. You better delete that.

 

If you let me leave my own apartment successfully. 

 

Dami: Why? What's wrong?

 

They're guarding me dam :(( I can't go out.

 

Dami: What the heck. Are you a kid? For what reason?

 

I will tell you in time. So please help your friend :(

 

Dami: Only if you promise me to delete that.

 

Of course. See you later. ^^

 

"Yes!" Seohyun fist-pump. She excitedly rushed to her closet and look for comfortable clothes to change into. "Aish, need to hide." But she figures she has to stay lowkey, so she ends up choosing another pair of blue pants, a back hoodie jacket, and a black baseball cap. She also prepared a black face mask and returned to the sofa as she waits impatiently for her friend.

 

***

 

Just as they finished washing the dishes, Mr. and Mrs. Seo heard the doorbell. Both got up and check who was outside.

 

"Did your daughter order them?"  

 

"I don't know but it's good weather to have some pineapples." Mr. Seo giggles and he excitedly headed to the door. He received the basket and bowed to the delivery guy.

 

"Who ordered these?" Asks Mrs. Seo.

 

"Just check the card, Ahjumma." The guy suggested before he leaves them.

 

Going back to the living room, the couple set the basket down on the coffee table and also noticed the vitamins. 

 

"Whoa, are these really for us?" Mrs. Seo chuckled. She picked up the card and reads the letter.

 

It's a good day today to have them eat while watching tv.

I hope you enjoy these fresh fruits, Mr. and Mrs. Seo.

Please be healthy always~

- Yoona♥

 

The couple widened their eyes upon reading it came from the person they hate. 

 

"Aish. Throw it. We can't receive such a gift from her." Mrs. Seo's mood eventually swings.

 

"B-but... it's going to be a waste if we do honey." Unfortunately, Mr. Seo disapproved. "It's a blessing if you receive like this." He sighs. "Eventhough we hate her but it's you who said that she's a good person."

 

"Fine, let's keep it. But this doesn't mean we already agreed to their relationship, Araso?" Mrs. Seo firmly said.

 

"Yes." He chuckled and felt relieved to hear it from his wife. "I'll bring this to the kitchen and cut some pineapples." he casually picked up the basket and returned to the kitchen. "And I'll send some for our daughter." he giggled as he began to prepare the pineapples.

 

Mrs. Seo grabs the remote control and the tv while waiting for the fruits.

 

Seohyun creased her eyebrows. She barely can hear what's going on outside while she's pressing her ear to the door but she heard fruits and Yoona, so her girlfriend has sent the gift already. She couldn't hear any voices from them anymore besides the noise from the tv, so she returned to the sofa and check her phone. Dami told her she was already on the road 30 minutes ago but hasn't arrived yet since then.

 

Lying completely on the sofa, she once again heard her phone chime and this time it came from Yoona, sending her a photo of herself that surprised her.

 

Yoona: How do I look?

 

She chuckled and hastily typed her reply.

 

Are you a ghost? Seriously you startled me! Hahaha

 

Yoona♥: What? I'm a GHOST? >.< I'm a ghost now?

 

Don't be mad. I was really just surprised. But this is really you?

I mean, did the photographer really choose this as the cover?

 

Yoona♥: It's called art, baby! It's called art! hmph!

 

Seohyun laughs at how defensive the doe-eyed. She can't help and laid back on the sofa as she continues to laugh. But she has to stop when she heard a knock on the door.

 

"Come in." She said calmly as she composed herself.

 

Mr. Seo walks inside with a plate of pineapples. "Are you chatting with your friend? You sound happy, honey." He set the plate on the coffee table, smiling at his daughter.

 

"Yes, thanks, Appa." She smiled back briefly as she avoided his gaze.

 

"Tell me if you need anything, you know Appa can do it for you."

 

"I'm okay, Appa. Thank you."

 

"Okay." Mr. Seo nodded gently as he casually walked out of the room.

 

Going back to her phone, Seohyun let out a sigh of relief because she wasn't talking to Yoona on the phone and that made her father clueless. She returned to chatting with the doe-eyed until she heard her mother calling her because of Dami.

 

-

 

"So the plan is to make them enjoy the card game while you sneak out?" Dami asks her friend in a low voice in the kitchen.

 

"Yes. Let them pay attention to your jokes while playing the go-stop. Both of my parents love that." Seohyun replied with a sly smile. 

 

"Yah, I don't enjoy it too. Well, if there's money involve, I get to enjoy it." Dami giggles. 

 

"Let's do that then." Taking the glasses of juices, Seohyun walked out of the kitchen casually and Dami follows.

 

"Mr. Seo, why don't we play go stop?" Dami didn't waste a second and she suggested. 

 

"Omo, did you bring cards?" Mrs. Seo got interested right that instant.

 

"Omma, I actually have that." Seohyun set the glasses down first before she jogs to her bedroom.

 

"Let's bet 100 won in every game?" A grin plastered Dami's face as she took out a 100 bill.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter