Chapter 15: What have been missed?

Love ft. Marriage and Divorce Season 4 (Fanfic)

 

What Have Been Missed?

Uram entered their classroom after deliberately thinking what he must do. Honestly, things aren't easy towards Uram and Jia when the new school year started. It was a rough day always. Not just because they are in middle school, but because they are getting a lot of unsolicited comments from their classmates that usually being hidden from the teachers. The kids doesn't want to talk about it too.

The boy walked in and sit on his chair. He can hear his male classmates whispering things, but he chose not to engage. All morning, these kids are trying to provoke Uram by saying maliscious things about him, Jia and their families. As he was walking in the hallway to the canteen, he met Jia and they walk together.

"Are they still bugging you?" Jia asked as they walk not caring about a single word they can hear.

"Words like those are suppose not to hear. I'm just letting them." Uram replied.

"Some of my female classmates are like that too. I don't care. As long as my grades are good, I shouldn't care."

"You got high scores in exams too? I got in top 10 overall. How about you?"

"I am top 7." They chuckled.

Despite not giving attentions towards other kids, there is always those limitations and enough is enough for everything. At the canteen, Uram punched a student in the face when Jia also pulled a girl's hair. This was the cause of Sa Pi-young's summons from the school.

"I must see the CCTV at the canteen to know who really started the fight." Pi-young said with conviction as she was facing the teacher and the parents of the kids that Jia and Uram have fight with. "Its easy to blame it to our kids, but without a valid evidence that your childrenare innocent I won't just sit right here and take everything."

The boy's mother huffed in annoyance before answering, "Ha?! Ya, do you think that punching someone was not enough reason for that child's suspension? Who do you think you are? You are not raising your children right! Do you even know who am I?"

"Should I?"

"You have quite strong presence," the father said, "But you don't even know what you are getting into. My son was raise to be a respectable man. Do you even know who we are?"

"Like your wife, should I know who you are? Listen, this is not about you or your status, this is about the kids. With how you are talking and showing your arrogance now, I can see why your son must be acting that way." Pi-young then faced the tacher, "With all due respect, seongsaengnim, I would like to see the CCTV to see what really happened. If its really Uram and Jia who started it then I will accept the consequenced. But if its not, then," she then looked at the parents of the children eye to eye, "I demand an apology from their kids."

"Ah, eomoni," the teacher was lost for words and was getting squish at the middle, "We can talk it out and let the kids apologize with each other."

"If its as easy as that, then why did you let them talked to our children like that? You think I haven't heard how they shout at these kids? Uram and Jia's faces were facing the table in shame like they were the only ones who were wrong in this situation. Did you even interfere?" Pi-young was surpressing her anger towards the teacher. "Or are you that afraid that their parents will make everything worse for your school? Don't you know that if this incident comes out to media it can hurt your school more than what they can do?"

"Eomoni, that," the teacher can't even defend herself from what Sa Pi-young said becauss it was true. Pi-young heard how the mother and father of the children were practically grilling Uram and Jia for what happened and the teacher was just watching not doing anything. This is when the principal came in.

"Ah, eomoni, annyeonghaseyo." The old man greeted the parents before sitting on the chair beside the teacher, "Our teachers are doing everything in their power to resolve this thing quietly. With regards to the incidents, I think we can talk this over calmly. We don't need to take it as far as the media. Since your daughter and Uram are the ones who hurt their classmates the most, can we just solve it with them apologizing? I mean, this is children fights. They will grow up and-"

"Are you saying that because Uram and Jia wounded them, they should apologize? Are you really an educator? Can't you see you are coniving me to get our children apologize and make them think that defending themselves is wrong? What kind of principal are you, really? I'm saying this again and I hope I won't ever have to repeat this, show me the CCTV footage of the incident from the moment the squabble started. Until then, I won't accept any demerits and punishments from your school."

"You are really hard headed! Is that how you are raising your kids? Unbelievable!" The father then turned to the principal fuming in anger, "Listen here, until these kids apologize and you punish them with what they did to my children, I won't let them step a foot in this school. And I will tell everyone in my circle in the society that your school are nothing!"

"I wonder what you are, but I think that you are threatening the principal. Is this why you are trying to make my cbildren apologize to their kids because you are afraid to have your school on the red?" She asked the principal before turning back to the parents again, "Listen here, I don't care who you are or what you do, I will stand by my kids side and wait until you show me what I am asking for. We sent our children here because of its reputation and the long established name on education, but if this school cannot protect innocent children from power tripping parents and children, then this school is not a nice place for education. I will file a complaint in the Education Commitee at once."

A moment later, Lee Si Eun arrived at the school office. She quickly made a little detour once she heard about Jia and Uram. When she arrived, Uram quickly stand up to greet his mother.

"What happened, adeul?" Si Eun quickly asked her son, but he won't talk because Uram was embarassed of what he did.

"Unni, I was asking the principal for the CCTV to know what really happened but they won't show it to us. Should we take it as they want to protect the other kids more than the ones they don't know the family about?"

"Wae?" Si Eun sat down, "Why won't you let us see the recordings? In situations like this, shouldn't you be giving us the truth about what happened?" She then turned to Uram, "Uram-a, why did you hurt your classmate?"

"Ah, eomma..."

"Don't be afraid. Tell me the truth."

"This is ridiculous. Do you think your son will tell the truth when our kids were the ones who got hurt?" The father of Uram's classmate said. "I made up my mind. Until you get these kids out of this school I won't let our children come back in here!"

"Do you really have to raise your voice in front of the kids? Is that how you are raising your children? By the looks of it, you are raising your child with misplaced ego." Si-eun quickly replied and Pi-young just looked at the surprised parents.

Before the  parents could reply to Si Eun, Secretary Choi came into the office to tell Lee Si-eun something. After a very brieft conversation with his boss, Choi Min-seok had met eyes with the parents which made the father of the children surprised.

"Choi-bisu, what are you doing here?"

Secretary Choi vows for respect, "I'm here to assidt the chairman."

"Chairman Lee is here? Where is he?"

Min-seok then looked at Lee Si-eun, "She's actually here. Sajangnim, this is Mr. Ha Dong-yon of Han Pharma. They are the 3rd company that supplies us with 10% of our hotels' chemical solutions." He then turned to the man, "Mr. Ha, this is our chairman, Lee Si-eun sajangnim. She is also Chairman Seo's first daughter in law."

The couple's eyes grew big and so as the teacher and the principal who even stood up to pay respects. Sun Corp and SF Corp are 2 highest sponsors of the school.

"Ah, Sajangnim, nice to meet you." The father's voice suddenly became soft with an awkward smiles and so as the otger adults inside the office.

"Enough of the introduction. Can you now let us see the CCTV so we can objectively give each children their appropriate punishment?" Lee Si-eun's conviction had made Pi-young surpressed her chuckles.

After the heated conversations and the problem got solve in a good way, Lee Si-eun walked out with Pi-young thru the hallway with the latter chuckling.

"Unni, did you see their face when they heard who you are? That was really good."

Si-eun smiles, "You could've told them who you are in the first place before I came in. You are handling thingd like these more stronger than I am. If that father did not recognized Secretary Choi, then we are going to be there until now."

"Ani, Unni, you put them into their place the first time you entered the room. Can't you still see how much you changed? The way you talk doesn't really change when it comes to tone and everything, but the way you said it with such conviction is what mattered right there."

"Gumawo, Sa Pi-young-ssi for taking care of the kids."

"Ani, why are you thanking me? I did what I have to. Besides, its the only thing I can do right now. I couldn't even prepare foods most of the time. Looking over the kids is the only thing I am good at now."

"Managing the household, taking care of the kids and attending to their needs is no easy task. I apologize ahead if I can't help you most of the time. I should be the one doing all of those things you are doing now."

"Don't bother yourself about the household. I can manage. I understand your situation well."

On the other hand, Hyanggi was surprised with an unannounced visit of someone in her university.

"Ya, what are you doing here?" Hyanggi asked as she approached Song Chang-hyun as he was standing by his car.

"Geunyang," he stood straight and open the door for Hyanggi, "I am having a hard day, can you join me for some long drive trips?"

"Ne? Waeyo? Also, I have to go to work."

"Call Chairman Seo. Tell him you are with me."

"By the way, why are you asking me to come with you? Don't you have any friends?"

"Yuou are the only one I can tell things. I can't trust other people." He then tilted his head signaling Hyanggi to ride.

Hyanggi trusts the young man and get into his car. From there she called Chairman Seo and Chang-hyun also told his father about their rendevouz.

The night has come and everyone in the Seo household has gathered in the dining table without Hyanggi.

"Who's the guy?" Seo Ban asked after hearing from his father that Hyanggi was with a amn he didn't even meet.

"He was the only son of Chairman Song. Si-eun met him too for a business meeting. The young man seemed deligent and respectful."

"You haven't talk to him one on one, how would you know how he would treat Hyanggi?"

Pi-young and Si-eun looked at each other and trying not to laugh. To avoid further discussion, the oldest daughter-in-law joined in, "Hyanggi sent me a message too earlier about it. I told her to send you one too. Didn't she?"

"She sent me one. She also called me. The thing is I haven't meet the man yet."

"Lets just wait for her until she comes home. I am sure she will introduce him to you too. Also, the guy she's with will have the idea to introduce himself too without second thinking if he is decent enough. He should know how to show respect to her parents to avoid any misunderstandings."

A few hours later, Hyanggi arrived with Chang-hyun. The young man insisted to go inside to meet everyone in the family and to apologize for his sudden demand of Hyanggi's company that day.

"I would like to apologize for taking Hyanggi out and bringing her home this late." Song Chang-hyun said vowing his head in front of Seo Ban and Lee Si-eun while the rest of the family were sitting in the couch looking at him.

"You should have introduce yourself first before taking my daughter somewhere we didn't even know." Seo Ban said in a quick reply. He then turned to Hyanggi, "Have you had dinner?"

"Ne, appa." Hyanggi replied with a short smile.

"Ah, we had dinner somewhere in the outskirt. It was not that far here. We had it before coming home." Chang-hyun quickly caught up.

"This isn't your home." Seo Ban answered quickly.

"Seo Ban-nim." Si-eun said trying to calm Seo Ban knowing he was a little mischievous when it comes to their kids. Chang-hyun and Hyanggi looked at her before looking down again, "I bet you are tired from driving. You should go now and have rest. Thank you for bringing Hyanggi home safely."

A/N: always used shift+enter if you are going to do or make a new paragraph... let the credits remain...just pm me for the code that is if you want to use this one...

layout by: mambokinoki